Understanding Vibrant: Algaefix, Polixetonium Chloride / Busan 77

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly outside of 3 or 4 principles and accredited types here (including @jda ) most of the rest of us are just venting, using up soapboxes and sharpening pitchforks. In that vein

Match the “science” with the author:

1) Giorgio A. Tsoukalos​

2) George Clinton​

3) unnamed aquarium product manufacturer​

A) “Not sure how widely known this is. With the right manipulation bacteria can produce polymides or strait poly, aspartic acid. This is most easily achieved with certain bacillus and Cyanobacteria species. When they are “forced” to produce poly, this adds a function for aquarium use that is very good at removing flocculants and is very good for clearing water”

B) Microbiologically speaking
When I start churnin', burnin' and turnin'
I'll make your atoms move so fast
Expandin' your molecules
Causing a friction fire
Burnin' you on your neutron
Causing you to scream
"Hit me in the proton, BABY!"

C) We are made of stardust, our whole body consists of material that has been here before the beginning of time

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, I think we should let the scientists rebut the science nerd. If his questions warrant a response, I am sure Randy et al will give him one. Until then, the sniping only lowers the quality of the thread.
You are right. Sorry, I should have refrained from engaging.
Public Media Actors On Actors GIF by PBS SoCal

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, I think we should let the scientists rebut the science nerd. If his questions warrant a response, I am sure Randy et al will give him one. Until then, the sniping only lowers the quality of the thread.
isn’t that what I just said ? lol :D

OP
OP
taricha

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were the initial samples of vibrant and algaefix clear, cloudy?

When the dried samples were taken back up in D2O, were they clear? Cloudy? Was there substantial material that did not redissolve or resuspend?

Just trying to understand what fraction of the dissolved/suspended material in the initial bottle actually went into the NMR tube. 90+%? 1%? etc..
Initial samples were clear, and the NMR operator confirmed to me what @jeffww said, and how this stuff behaved when I dried it (much less thoroughly). It redissolved in D2O clear and without residues, so near 100% into NMR tube.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With acknowledgment that I might be feeding the trolls,
We really should be counting calories :)

Maybe not a troll as much as the advance guard. If anyone thought this discussion was going to be any different from past ones with a Vibrant rep, I think we can now all agree it will not be.

Looking forwards to further developments.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To deny the NMR results is to deny science. This would then mean that any argument being made that used science would also be no good. However, this kind of reasonable thought might be lost on unreasonable people.

UWC account has not been on here since Feb. Given how often they were browsing these threads before, I find it unlikely that they are not still browsing but just still logged in as some other user. This should be easily found by any admin that can look for posts by IP - here is a side-eye glance to one of you admins to look. :) I am not a conspiracy kind of guy, but this anecdote is enough for me to wonder about some of these users. I swear that one of these new users was from Michigan a day ago and now from Canada, but I could be imagining this. My guess is that nobody ever hears from UWC again and they are just leaving all to wonder while as much product sells that can.

Anybody could use a VPN to hide IPs, but if one was that smart they might also know that anybody can figure out lies eventually.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To deny the NMR results is to deny science. This would then mean that any argument being made that used science would also be no good. However, this kind of reasonable thought might be lost on unreasonable people.

UWC account has not been on here since Feb. Given how often they were browsing these threads before, I find it unlikely that they are not still browsing but just still logged in as some other user. This should be easily found by any admin that can look for posts by IP - here is a side-eye glance to one of you admins to look. :) I am not a conspiracy kind of guy, but this anecdote is enough for me to wonder about some of these users. I swear that one of these new users was from Michigan a day ago and now from Canada, but I could be imagining this. My guess is that nobody ever hears from UWC again and they are just leaving all to wonder while as much product sells that can.

Anybody could use a VPN to hide IPs, but if one was that smart they might also know that anybody can figure out lies eventually.
I am about to call it day, but since you mentioned conspiracy, you tempted me to pile on. The new user is not a Vibrant spokesman but the third party that is selling the swimming pool additive that contains the polyquat going into Vibrant. This company is trying trying to snow us and the Vibrant folks. Could make for a good movie. Not sure how it ends though. Good night world :)

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

At the end of the day there is Google maps and brick and mortar. Not sure how any lfs could hide behind a guy with an algae/mulloscicide sign for too long.

Insult of intelligence is totally off the tables and unacceptable.

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least we now have a Vibrant spokesperson online, oops, sorry, disinterested new R2R member seeking truth and justice (wink, wink).
You guys are giving him a hard time but could be he’s just a contrarian. I’ve been accused of that. Although it is odd he came directly to this but I’ll give him the benefit of doubt since I’m not going to start accusing others without facts. Plus we all have the same right to post our opinions. Even if it’s not what aligns with us.

That said. UWC better have an ironclad explanation of how it’s not as being claimed by these tests or how they got scammed because I don’t see this ending well for them. My point on how many pages in we already are plus didn’t even mentioned the fact there’s several other threads going. Funny if UWC seen driving a white Bronco running from the Tang Police :)

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys are giving him a hard time but could be he’s just a contrarian. I’ve been accused of that. Although it is odd he came directly to this but I’ll give him the benefit of doubt since I’m not going to start accusing others without facts. Plus we all have the same right to post our opinions. Even if it’s not what aligns with us.

That said. UWC better have an ironclad explanation of how it’s not as being claimed by these tests or how they got scammed because I don’t see this ending well for them. My point on how many pages in we already are plus didn’t even mentioned the fact there’s several other threads going. Funny if UWC seen driving a white Bronco running from the Tang Police :)
There's no bigger contrarion here than me thats had threads and ideas totally canceled and shut down besides me and maybe @brandon429 and a couple others.
Let's not continue to put that kind of confusion in the mix here. I could and probably should have been banned at least 5 times now but for whatever reason I'm still here.
This thread ain't about that I promise or it would have been shut down long ago.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's no bigger contrarion here than me thats had threads and ideas totally canceled and shut down besides me and maybe @brandon429 and a couple others.
Let's not continue to put that kind of confusion in the mix here. I could and probably should have been banned at least 5 times now but for whatever reason I'm still here.
This thread ain't about that I promise or it would have been shut down long ago.
no one will accuse me of running for mayor of R2R either….
Anyway, sounds counterintuitive but people will respect you for that ….
…and that alleged new user shill from Canada, or Michigan or wherever, could be legit as I suspect we will never see @UWC (as himself) in any electronic forum

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Contrarians come to the table for a fight, to enlighten the ignorant. Contrarians rarely back down, and love to obsessively refute any fact or counter argument. In a sense they are the kid that loves to poke wasp nests with a stick. The contrarian wants a hard time because this means he’s hooked his opponents into a fight.

So, yeah the new member is getting a hard time as ordered.

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All companies should be on gaurd, we as hobbyists know that these over inflated products are not necessary. The emergence of a new poster, challenging the data, at the same time frame that the UWC spokesperson is supposed to be following up, is quite a coincidence, or not. As someone who worked in the industry, I am not surprised at all. Like "Thrive" for example, the inner story of the shenanigans is simply mind blowing! Not the story hear, but suffice to say, some companies are just ruthless. I truly hope that this company stays in the light, leaving no dark place to hide.
Cheers

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back