Understanding where your corals come from and what they need is the first step in being successful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understanding the location that your corals come from naturally, even in captive species, is an important step in being a successful reefkeeper. The needs of SPS and LPS are different in terms of flow, light and even temperature. Understanding each species that you add to your system before you add it will allow you to select proper placement and acclimation techniques.

One important factor is the spectrum provided to different species based upon the depth in which they thrive. This is one of the driving factors in our new Atlantik series of lights. We offer the spectrum found in nature that provides for your corals. Our fixtures provide the correct PAR/PUR to enable you to correctly light your ecosystem and give you the best opportunity to be successful with a wide range of species. The ability to control the intensity and the color of the fixture allows you to dial in the exact needs of your system. Four channels give you a wide range of color while keeping you within the proper spectrum band.

Check out more information in this article about spectrum and the needs of different corals CORRECT SPECTRUM AND AMOUNT IS NEEDED FOR GOOD CORAL GROWTH « Orphek

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back