unique Trimma/Eviota Gobies

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m intruiged in the Eviota and Trina gobies and have been wanting to plan for a trio of a species in my tank. So far I’ve been intrigued in Trimma caudovittatus but wondered what unique eviotas and trimma species you guys own! Pictures or it never happened ;)

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I felt bad that you didn't have anything inspirational, so I found this (not mine, I have had zero success keeping gobies).

Eviota atriventris

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I felt bad that you didn't have anything inspirational, so I found this (not mine, I have had zero success keeping gobies).

Eviota atriventris
Eviota atriventris will always have a place in my heart but I haven’t seen them around in a year or so.

I haven’t really looked into the Eviota and Trimma genera as much as when I see them they’re not normally too nice but some species would add some amazing colours to the tank! Caudivittatus would add yellows and Atriventris would add some sweet blue and golds!

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, figured I’d update this as I found my dream species after searching around for a while (A good months worth of searching and I found my dream species that I wanted). That dream species was Trimma tevegae, they’re stunning and I found a pair of unusual trimmas in my LFS today. Figured I’d pick them up as I have experience with hard to feed gobies (Discordipinna griessingeri since March or February), they were rather discoloured and in with a bunch of Eviota atriventris so they really stood out to me. I figured I’d ditch the idea of a trio or pair of tevegae and go for these guys. Little did I know they were colouring up on the way home, when I opened the bag and the bag inside of that I saw two beautiful gobies with striking blue stripes and still some discoloured brown/red and white. I put them into drip acclimation for around 40 minutes then did the water change which took about 30 minutes, they coloured up in that time and this almost golden colour showed on them in a certain lighting with this blue stripe. I’m so glad I didn’t pass on these guys as I’m 95% certain I wound up with the true Trimma tevegae. Here they are washed out in acclimation - One was farting all around the front of the tank a few minutes ago so I hope to get photos of the two tomorrow and maybe they’ll be together and not just look like the same fish in different areas.
48385D81-A9DC-4A0A-AAC8-8B3BE6832C2D.jpeg
00D5164F-B8D4-4B2E-AE4C-F0098B06835C.jpeg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a pair of what I believe are Eviota pellucida two days ago! I’m so glad you found your Trimma gobies too, they look amazing! Here are some pics of mine :)
5B50F25D-8AB4-43E4-BE5F-B5B3C2C614CD.jpeg
CE086326-A442-488A-9F3D-1CC3B23397EB.jpeg
091FC334-7150-4F8B-9B28-1A4115FF7BA4.jpeg
C5912F8B-26ED-451E-AFFF-CB8C4324BF51.jpeg
50C53888-C578-4F3E-8397-9ABCB18A84F6.jpeg
They’re beautiful!
The Trimma tevegae I had were a perfect pair, unfortunately I lost the last of the pair in September. I now have a larger nano and may end up with a couple of small groups of Trimma species (Likely Cana and Caudovittatus).

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re beautiful!
The Trimma tevegae I had were a perfect pair, unfortunately I lost the last of the pair in September. I now have a larger nano and may end up with a couple of small groups of Trimma species (Likely Cana and Caudovittatus).
Aww that’s too bad about the Trimma! Good luck finding new ones! If you find any gobies under 1” please please please let me know! I’m on the hunt for another pair/trio of a different micro species but I can’t seem to source them

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aww that’s too bad about the Trimma! Good luck finding new ones! If you find any gobies under 1” please please please let me know! I’m on the hunt for another pair/trio of a different micro species but I can’t seem to source them
Would love to know what species you’re hunting!
Some of them like Branyinops (My dream goby genus to care for in my own reef) aren’t available to the hobby unless they’re hitchhikers.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got masked gobies from KP Aquatics. They are nice.

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to know what species you’re hunting!
Some of them like Branyinops (My dream goby genus to care for in my own reef) aren’t available to the hobby unless they’re hitchhikers.
I don’t really have any absolute need species, a lot of them are unavailable so I’m staying ignorant until I find something for sale. I would hate to fall in love with a specific species just to find that they’re completely unavailable

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t really have any absolute need species, a lot of them are unavailable so I’m staying ignorant until I find something for sale. I would hate to fall in love with a specific species just to find that they’re completely unavailable
I know Biota breeds quite a few of the Eviota and Trimma species, if you can then getting onto waiting lists at the LFS can also help :)

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One day you'll see a Greissenger Goby....

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a pair from KP! Very shy :) KP is also where I got my ponies and dwarf pipes. Amazing quality
0015D0C8-097F-40D3-87AB-22DC4D824458.jpeg
A95C8100-5E28-413E-B00D-08FF0380CC2A.jpeg
One of my masked gobies' stays under my rockwork and I only see it once or twice a week. The other one is very bold and swims out in the open water most of the time.

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my masked gobies' stays under my rockwork and I only see it once or twice a week. The other one is very bold and swims out in the open water most of the time.
Pretty much my experience so far. I’m hoping that they start to come out more once they settle in

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 63 85.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.1%
Back