Unknown fish, think it's a wrasse. Help

alexytman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
303
Reaction score
109
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am unsure of its species but I got it from a huge corals' hole... Need help to see if coral safe. It's eating brine shrimp I put in tank
 
I am unsure of its species but I got it from a huge corals' hole... Need help to see if coral safe. It's eating brine shrimp I put in tank

P_20170820_192449.jpg
 
I think it's coral save as we speak till we see a nice mug shot of your so called fishy ;)
 
p_20170820_192449-jpg.565540


That is a wrasse, maybe a eightline species.
Oh and it is save for your corals
 
p_20170820_192449-jpg.565540



That is a wrasse, maybe a eightline species.
Oh and it is save for your corals
thanks bro!, After searching eightline wrasses for a few seconds... I found a pic that looks exactly like it. I looks like a flasher wrasse female, the male looks so cool though I wish I could get my hands on one. Females are still colorful but not quite as cool as the males!
 
If it is a female flasher than she will most likely turn male with no other males present....
 
That's a very lucky find if it's an 8 line Flasher. :)
And the coral I got was cheap because the shop owner was out of space and really wanted to get rid of it as no one bought it. There was just a tiny pool of water some how.
 
As Ms @reef lover already mentioned a girl will be a guy soon.
Here some other interesting facts about your flasher, also known as the Eight-line Fairy Wrasse, originates from the waters of the Red Sea. ...
The Eightline Flasher Wrasse is a very peaceful, active fish that will bring both color and activity to a fish-only or reef aquarium of 50 gallons or larger.
 
If you post on the wrasse ID thread in the fish discussion forum you should be able to get it confirmed. I believe there are a few different species that can have lines on the head like the picture and females especially can be tricky.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new