Unknown Illness; Need Help with ID

Pensive Pufferfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish photo.png

My clownfish recently jumped into the filter section of my tank and ended up in my media basket. I took him out, but I moved kind of quick and I am afraid he might have gotten scratched up. There is a weird spot on his side. It is almost translucent. It honestly looks like he is missing some scales or something. I dont know if it is some illness or if maybe there was damage from his adventure. It is not raised at all. It is even with the rest of his side or maybe even indented some. His behavior has not changed at all. Him swimming was different right after I took him from the back of the tank, but now he is swimming great and eating fine. This is what I need help with (I just got a screen to close off the back so he cant get back there anymore. Phosphates were a little high but I made some water changes and am using phosban so its almost under control.) I can try to get a better picture, but he is a speedy little devil. I was wondering if maybe I should just use API PIMFIX and or something along those lines just in case. Is this a better safe than sorry scenario?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a rub mark you sometimes see on shipped fish. A 60-90 minute bath in Ruby Reef Rally, temperature matched and aerated can be helpful in preventing infection. RRR has both antibiotic and antiseptic qualities. 1 tsp per gallon of tank water.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 33 55.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.3%
Back