OP
OP
Dariokell

Dariokell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that the only fish with symptoms? What else do you have for fish?
I have a queen angel, regal angel, emperor angel, purple tang, hippo tang, sohal tang, tomsini tang, blue powder, blonde nasso and a majestic foxface. Blue hippo showed symptoms first. Cloudy eye and the seed like spots. I dosed 210ml of prazipro pro and eye cleared up and some white specs. A week later my blue powder looks the worst. I can see maybe a spec or two on other fish but not much more than that.

OP
OP
Dariokell

Dariokell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe a few cleaner shrimps?
I haven’t seen them pick at h but I actually just saw the cleaner wrasse peck one off. Not sure if it will keep doing it though as it wouldn’t have gotten this bad if it did

OP
OP
Dariokell

Dariokell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happens sometimes (especially with tangs) following exposure to copper. It might be a "skin rash" or bacterial disease (Kanaplex + Metroplex has been known to clear it). However, I suspect it's actually a latent virus and copper just triggers the outbreak. Similar to Lymphocystis, but presents more on the body instead of the fins/spines.
Wow! That sounds pretty accurate I did have them in copper for a good while in the quarantine while I waited for the ich to starve out!

OP
OP
Dariokell

Dariokell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! That sounds pretty accurate I did have them in copper for a good while in the quarantine while I waited for the ich to starve out!
I kept researching as much as I could and it seems to be this is pretty rare as I am not finding much. I did however find the closest thing I think to it and that is a parasitic isopod or copepod that looks very similar. Would that be related?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept researching as much as I could and it seems to be this is pretty rare as I am not finding much. I did however find the closest thing I think to it and that is a parasitic isopod or copepod that looks very similar. Would that be related?

Isopods/copepods are crustaceans, so any chance of those should have been killed off during copper treatment. It could be anchor worms (copper doesn't kill worms), but I feel bacterial or viral lesions are more probable here.

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What ever happened with this fish? I have a tang that has something that looks similar but only a few spots instead of all over. It just went into the display last week and my current plan it to see if the issue resolves on its own. It was treated with copper from the place I purchased it from then I did hypo and TTM

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.1%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back