Unknown red tube on my frogspawn

LacroixBoy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 15, 2025
Messages
41
Reaction score
14
Location
Massachusetts
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0914.jpeg
IMG_0915.jpeg

Hey folks! Anyone know what this is growing on my frogspawn? I noticed it for the first time the other night because normally the frogspawn is so out that it covers it from view. It looks attached so I’m afraid to try to remove it in case its part of the coral?

Thanksn
 
vermeciled worm. I apparently have no idea how to spell this species of worm. Harmful to only your fingers as I'm always getting piked by them
 
If you want, you can smash the little tube with a screwdriver or something (make sure you get the curly part too) so they don't spread. They look ugly and can irritate corals. Having a few isn't a big deal, but some people end up with far too many of them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new