Unknown thing covering zoa rock.

OkayAlbayrak

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2025
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Turkey
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there. Im new in forum and not an expert in hoby. There is something like snake skin, may be a kind of mushroom covering my zoa rocks. I couldn't manage to identfy it. Can you help me to identify and if it is bad thing how can i get rid of it?
1000056521.jpg
IMG_20251205_205935.jpg
 
That's a tough one. Myself I would wait and watch because they are so unique and uncommon. Most don't last long term in the average system. However a few types can overcome a coral. If the Zoanthids are not closing or stressed I would wait.
 
Last edited:
That's a tough one. Myself I would wait and watch because they are so unique and uncommon. Most don't last long term in the average system. However a few types can overcome a coral. If the Zoanthids are not closing or stressed I would wait.
Thank you very much, it doesn't hurt zoas for now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new