*Unofficial* Mini Complete Tank Contest

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm I'm kind of tempted to play here lol EDIT: Looks like its sold out :/
How about we offer a frag pack to the winner??
They also sell on aliexpress I believe and few other sites. I know amazon has the freshwater light once. Which will work if you dont plan on using the light anyway.

Now I wish I hadnt set mine up yet lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Maddlesrain

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you elaborate on the tiny skimmer? :)
Yeah! So you just need an air pump, tubing, a regulator valve for the airline tubing, and a collection jar. You have one line going from the air pump to the airstone, which carries bubbles up the tube (pvc pipe). The second piece of airline tubing is connected to the top of the pipe and goes to a jar to fill with skimmate. I can draw a better diagram than my description / take photos of how I'm making mine as well! Haha
You can order off of Aliexpress or Ebay if you would still like to join!

If you want to find someone interested in donating a frag pack, I'm all for it! Otherwise, this is just a friendly contest:)
Or we can all pitch in a couple bucks for a gift card somewhere for the winner as well!
Edit: I didn't pitch the contest as being buy-in based, so I don't want to ask anyone for money now. But we could take a vote to each pitch in 5 bucks for a gift card.

Last edited:

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine from ebay with 3 day shipping :) there were several options for sellers and each had different shipping times, so choose carefully

OP
OP
Maddlesrain

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this idea! I think I even talked my Fiancé into getting a MTC and doing it with me which is even better! Can't wait!

What is everyone using for heaters on these and what pumps are you upgrading to?
Yay! I'm so glad you're both joining us!
I'm going with the heater the tank comes with for now, and doing the same with the pump. I'll see how it works out though!

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this idea! I think I even talked my Fiancé into getting a MTC and doing it with me which is even better! Can't wait!

What is everyone using for heaters on these and what pumps are you upgrading to?
Thats awesome. I live in florida so dont really need a heater. Even cooler months I just turn the heat up on the house. I'm using stock pump. Just added tube for return nozzle. I might so another pump but not sure yet.

Kodski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yay! I'm so glad you're both joining us!
I'm going with the heater the tank comes with for now, and doing the same with the pump. I'll see how it works out though!
They do come with a heater then? I was probably going to order it through Ali and get the lightless version but I'm really worried about getting it in time. I also don't see a heater listed on those.

OP
OP
Maddlesrain

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do come with a heater then? I was probably going to order it through Ali and get the lightless version but I'm really worried about getting it in time. I also don't see a heater listed on those.
The one I ordered included a heater, you just have to shop around on there--but you can also select a heater separately as well. And no worries if it comes a little later as long as it's ordered before Oct. 1st!
I can try to find the shop I ordered mine from if you'd like; I still haven't received mine yet, but Ali is usually pretty legit.

Kodski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one I ordered included a heater, you just have to shop around on there--but you can also select a heater separately as well. And no worries if it comes a little later as long as it's ordered before Oct. 1st!
I can try to find the shop I ordered mine from if you'd like; I still haven't received mine yet, but Ali is usually pretty legit.
Yeah, if you could that would be great!

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered mine from mini complete tank. They are pricier and come from malaysia but have good customer service. They have another reef light available and coming out as well for it.

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
REMINDER: ordering from aliexpress, when you select to buy, most will give you a choice on version. So if you see one for freshwater, click buy and they should give you choices for other versions. Just in case.

Kodski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Been searching for a bit. Looks like this place is legit and it has the best pricing for a complete setup.

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Done. Im in.

Screenshot (2)_LI.jpg

Got it on Ebay :) says delivery Sept 1st?

So what can we start now? Scaping :D? Start Dates Oct 1 yeah?

If you want to find someone interested in donating a frag pack, I'm all for it! Otherwise, this is just a friendly contest:)
Or we can all pitch in a couple bucks for a gift card somewhere for the winner as well!
Edit: I didn't pitch the contest as being buy-in based, so I don't want to ask anyone for money now. But we could take a vote to each pitch in 5 bucks for a gift card.

reeftide is a coral vendor (I got some great pieces from them) and a R2R sponsor. I think they were potentially hinting at sponsoring this little contest you started :). At least I hope that's what they were saying :D.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Maddlesrain

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Done. Im in.

Screenshot (2)_LI.jpg

Got it on Ebay :) says delivery Sept 1st?

So what can we start now? Scaping :D? Start Dates Oct 1 yeah?

reeftide is a coral vendor (I got some great pieces from them) and a R2R sponsor. I think they were potentially hinting at sponsoring this little contest you started :). At least I hope that's what they were saying :D.
Heck yeah!! Welcome to the MCT games!

Yup, start date is Oct. 1st
You are more than welcome to start your dry scape and/or seed rock in a display tank you already have running if you wish to! You're also welcome to work on DIY equipment or collecting modification items for your tank. Just no getting the tank wet yet!!!

That would be super amazing!! If they're interested, I hope they reach out and we can figure out a prize for the winner(s) :)

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 55 26.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back