Unrefrigerated Red Sea Reef Energy AB+ with a Nano Doser--It's Possible!

Jonify

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I contacted Red Sea this week (screenshot below), asking if I could put a week's worth of AB+ in a jar or something, and then dose through my BRS 1.1ml per minute doser to my SPS-dominant 20G nano. Specifically, I asked if I would need to flush the lines in between (given the slow doser and the small amount of AB+ required for a nano.) Their response had two available options for dosing/flushing lines in a nano:

1. You can put around a week's worth into a jar, with a simple RO water flush in between refills
2. You can put around 4 days worth into a jar, with no need to flush the lines in between (meaning the whole slow dosing line is flushed about every week

Easy enough! Doing the second option, setting an alarm on my phone for every 4 days. Will flush it monthly anyways.

For non-nano users, I imagine you're pumping a whole lot more AB+ through dosers (probably a day or two's worth); in your case, you'd fall under option 2, no need to flush the lines. Though you still may want to flush monthly.

Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 10.00.57 PM.png

Last edited:

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suppose option 2 is easier to avoid the constant flushing through, and thanks for sharing the details Jonathan

You would think science could come up with a better version that doesn’t need refrigeration which would make everything so much easier

To be honest, I dont think its actually necessary to dose it every day, unless your running zero nutrients which is not a good idea anyway. I only use it once every 2 weeks and mixed with reef roids and I haven’t noticed any difference to coral health at all.

OP
OP
Jonify

Jonify

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suppose option 2 is easier to avoid the constant flushing through, and thanks for sharing the details Jonathan

You would think science could come up with a better version that doesn’t need refrigeration which would make everything so much easier

To be honest, I dont think its actually necessary to dose it every day, unless your running zero nutrients which is not a good idea anyway. I only use it once every 2 weeks and mixed with reef roids and I haven’t noticed any difference to coral health at all.
For sure. The easier/better path is to dose infrequently. However, I'm running ULN so I'm trying to dose as much as I can get my hands on :D

Last edited:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 34 35.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 31 32.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back