unsure newbie

eduvall32824

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 17, 2012
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Orlando, Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 29 gallon tank. The tanks has cycled for first time, I have had it functioning for about six weeks now. I have a sand bottom with some artificial live rock. I put 6 snails in about 2 weeks ago. I have test kits, how often should I test water. What are some good choices for coral for my tank? How do I feed coral? should I put some fish in?
 
"How often should I test water?" - If your cycle is completed, there's no need to test if there are no changes in the system. I would test after water changes and 1 and 3 days after adding new inhabitants. For corals you definitely need thorough testing before getting them. (Alk, Ca and Mg)
"What are some good choices for coral?" -It depends on your lighting, flow, maintenance patterns and water parameters. So, needless to say, it's hard to say without all that.
"How do I feed coral?" -Same thing here. Different coral have different dietary needs and responses. From 'no food needed' to 'spot feeding required'.
"Should I put some fish in?" -I believe you certainly can if the cycle is done. Only one at a time, 3 weeks apart. Start with the least aggressive/territorial and move up. Have a plan before buying as it's a common mistake to fall on the impulse buying pattern of visiting the LFS and buying what's pretty.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new