Update on all my fish have died

Gobyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so if you aren’t caught up all my fish died because my lfs killed them while I was in college. They compensated me by saying they will pay for not only the fish, but a little extra which I think is generous. They have also said they will fill the tank up with whatever fish I want so should I get the same type of clownfish that died? Or should I get new clownfish? Or no clownfish? I don’t want to dis honor my past clownfish which were the best fish I have ever had.

Gatorpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so if you aren’t caught up all my fish died because my lfs killed them while I was in college. They compensated me by saying they will pay for not only the fish, but a little extra which I think is generous. They have also said they will fill the tank up with whatever fish I want so should I get the same type of clownfish that died? Or should I get new clownfish? Or no clownfish? I don’t want to dis honor my past clownfish which were the best fish I have ever had.
I think at least 2 clowns are a must for any reef tank…
they are tough and live a long time usually.

I just lost one that was over 20 years old…

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But should I get the the kind that died or get different ones. What is the best way to honor them
I'm sorry to hear about all your fish! That's rough, but does sound like the store is trying to make it right, so that's nice..

My 2 cents: I lost all my original fish due to my own error (left a sick anemone in the tank ONE more day trying to save it... it died and nuked everything). My first pair of clowns were really expensive, really beautiful frozen frostbites.
I wasn't sure whether I wanted a new pair of the same type either. I ended up deciding to go a totally different route and picked up a Darwin and Darwin misbar from my LFS. They're just as pretty in their own right, and don't remind me of the first pair.

There are so many choices when it comes to clownfish these days - have fun shopping!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these going to your dad's office while you are at school? Why not just wait to restart until you can take care of the tank yourself?

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I do not think it could have been the citric acid after everything I have been reading on it.

Sailaway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But should I get the the kind that died or get different ones. What is the best way to honor them
honestly I would go look at some in a store and see which ones speak to you. I got the prettiest mocha pair and I love them so much. They aren’t super fancy but they are gorgeous.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morally … they have already done more then they should have by refunding the most amount . But offering replacement ad well , the same would be enough. ,
Why get greedy and take more ?
Technically you were not there to properly care for them to begin with

I would hate to take care of my child’s pets for them for fear of something happening .

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious too, because I bought some Sicce citric acid to clean a few wavemakers but haven't used it yet - this post made me wary of being able to put them back in the tank safely...
Citric acid is fine. Many of us use it with no I'll effects. After soaking, rinse with tap and put it back into service.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get clowns again but a different pattern. Occy or Percs. Just something different from your previous ones.

In the sticks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get I high end designer clown.

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's time for ....
Photo_1663712407205.jpg

ptrusk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was a 10 gallon tank? That you are not there to maintain? No disrespect intended but I would not set it up again. Maybe you can ask your LFS for one nice fish or coral to go in your dad's tank. Think of your beloved clowns when you can get home to see it.

You should concentrate on your studies, partying, not necessarily in that order. You may find new priorities as time goes on. Independence is a passage of life and a great thing to embrace.

Best wishes!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 44.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back