Update!!!

Alanan27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright guys, so I’m here to update-the wrasse quit chasing my clowns which were basically pushed to the corner by the heater-poor things-I rearranged rockwork and took the sailfin I had saved from ich back to the LFS-well…this morning when I woke up I noticed each clown in different corners and was concerned as they were pairing fine-rubbing together, the slightly smaller one was twitching at times so I was excited…til I noticed my larger one on the right side of the tank-when I changed lights to daylight she started trying to host between 2 anenomes-ok, that’s fine…but then the wrasse lost it because he was like “ok I’m fine with y’all swimming around, but not around MY rockwork” and started dive bombing her-he barely made any contact and I’ll assume she stayed happy and healthy as she was still wiggling around in her happy dance and nestling into the anenome-I tried to catch him again-failed…and stuck a mirror to the side of the glass which is right next to one of my anenomes…it took the wrasse a minute to notice but he finally did and took charge to ignore the hosting clownfish and went after the wrasse in the mirror-not to sound heartless but since he was so mild with the other fish tank mates and now is a bully to fish that are true perculas and more expensive than he whom I can’t catch…I’d rather the wrasse wear himself out vs my 2 clowns, dragonette and goby that alrdy are peaceful. I didn’t want to move the “male” I’ll assume too close to her while she was still trying to get used to and host the anemone-I know to avoid a tank wipe I need to introduce things slowly. When I got off work tonight I was scared, as my fiancé doesn’t know what to watch for or anything about fish…that she may have been beaten by the wrasse and killed…well, he continued to only be concerned about the “wrasse in the mirror” and ignored her completely. If I can catch the wrasse in AM I’ll take him or her to LFS, as I don’t want it to kill. So I took my net and placed “him” clownfish with “her” and she wasn’t bothered at all and they swam merrily to together…she’ll get inside the anemone sometimes but he doesn’t at all. But the wrasse is leaving them alone as long as the mirror is up and before I put it up I noticed that when the wrasse would come up to the female clown, she would open her mouth and try to chase him off-sometimes it worked, but sometimes he would still dodge at her hence why I put the mirror on the side. So now that I’ll be putting the wrasse back in the LFS, what should I add next? I alrdy have enough inverts.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back