Upgrade due to Aiptasia

Squeven

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,
I am upgrading from a BioCube 32 to a 75 gallon display with a 20 gallon sump. Finally got permission because my aiptasia problem is out of control. I am currently transferring fish to the new tank, and will start with coral soon. The problem I am running into is that I can’t seem to get the aiptasia away from my zoa colonies.
Does anyone have any ideas of how I could safely transfer my zoa’s while minimizing the transfer of my current problem?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nothing beats surgical precision excision

Take pics of your removal work for our thread. Dig the sharpened mini flathead screwdriver into the edges circumferentially like you're taking out a dandelion with a butterknife

If you lightly damage the zos, price of delay, they'll grow back soon without the irritation burn stings

Aiptasia can be killed in one pass if you're resolved and ready, most aren't, they wanna play longer

Last edited:

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back