Upgrade due to Aiptasia

Squeven

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2020
Messages
47
Reaction score
38
Location
Tacoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,
I am upgrading from a BioCube 32 to a 75 gallon display with a 20 gallon sump. Finally got permission because my aiptasia problem is out of control. I am currently transferring fish to the new tank, and will start with coral soon. The problem I am running into is that I can’t seem to get the aiptasia away from my zoa colonies.
Does anyone have any ideas of how I could safely transfer my zoa’s while minimizing the transfer of my current problem?
 
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/d...om-surfaces-as-the-top-removal-option.808559/

Nothing beats surgical precision excision

Take pics of your removal work for our thread. Dig the sharpened mini flathead screwdriver into the edges circumferentially like you're taking out a dandelion with a butterknife

If you lightly damage the zos, price of delay, they'll grow back soon without the irritation burn stings

Aiptasia can be killed in one pass if you're resolved and ready, most aren't, they wanna play longer
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new