Upgraded tank

Stevebhammer

Hammer Home Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided after Christmas break tank was getting too small (or coral were getting too big, or I bought too many!), one of those things! Talked to wife about possibly upgrading, told her we could have more fish (that did the trick). So next day I found a custom 210 gallon tank on Facebook messenger, bought it (500 with stand). Listed old tank for 200, got a call an hour later. Told the guy Id do 150 if he came to get it today! Told him I need an hour or two to empty current tank. Went to tractor supply (were wife is a manager) bought a 110 gallon Rubbermaid tank, wife was a little curious. Went home drained tank placed coral in Rubbermaid tank in the middle of the living room floor. Actually took about 4 hours. Guy came and got tank. Wife came home tank was gone and Rubbermaid tank in the middle of the floor!

Looked up the new tank (210 gallons) found they weigh around 470 lbs. Ok how the hell am I going to move it, called a couple of coworker from school and they agreed to help. The next night, night before tank move they messaged me and said they couldn't help, GREAT! Wife was in the car freaking out since I sold the old tank, living room was full of coral, wires, controllers, lights...…So I called a previous student who is a bodybuilder and he agreed to help! So long story short we got the tank, took about a week from teardown to refilling and adding rock/coral back in. Think it went pretty well considering last min planning!

Attachments

• IMG_6724.MOV
    35.1 MB
OP
OP
Stevebhammer

Stevebhammer

Hammer Home Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided after Christmas break tank was getting too small (or coral were getting too big, or I bought too many!), one of those things! Talked to wife about possibly upgrading, told her we could have more fish (that did the trick). So next day I found a custom 210 gallon tank on Facebook messenger, bought it (500 with stand). Listed old tank for 200, got a call an hour later. Told the guy Id do 150 if he came to get it today! Told him I need an hour or two to empty current tank. Went to tractor supply (were wife is a manager) bought a 110 gallon Rubbermaid tank, wife was a little curious. Went home drained tank placed coral in Rubbermaid tank in the middle of the living room floor. Actually took about 4 hours. Guy came and got tank. Wife came home tank was gone and Rubbermaid tank in the middle of the floor!

Looked up the new tank (210 gallons) found they weigh around 470 lbs. Ok how the hell am I going to move it, called a couple of coworker from school and they agreed to help. The next night, night before tank move they messaged me and said they couldn't help, GREAT! Wife was in the car freaking out since I sold the old tank, living room was full of coral, wires, controllers, lights...…So I called a previous student who is a bodybuilder and he agreed to help! So long story short we got the tank, took about a week from teardown to refilling and adding rock/coral back in. Think it went pretty well considering last min planning

IMG_6719.JPG
IMG_6720.JPG
IMG_6721.JPG
IMG_6722.JPG
IMG_6723.JPG
Tank Video

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 67 85.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back