Upgrading FOWLR into a reef lighting help

Discussion in 'Aquarium Lighting By Dana Riddle' started by Ramiro Casal, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Ramiro Casal

Ramiro Casal Member

So I want to upgrade my 20g FOWLR to a reef tank. Am just looking to get a few easy to care for soft corals. Ive been looking at lights all day and still cant find one that suits me. What will be the cheapest lighting I could get away with for a few soft corals in my 20g tank?

2. Big G

Big G Valuable Member R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Ramiro Casal likes this.
  3. Ramiro Casal

Ramiro Casal Member

4. Big G

Big G Valuable Member R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Maybe. But these have the ramp up/down, and 4 preprogrammed schedules you can use as is or modify. I've seen some slightly cheaper "Chinese Black Boxes" on Amazon, but they didn't have ramping, etc. Cheers!

5. nautical_nathaniel

nautical_nathaniel Jack of All Trades, Masters in One R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

You could go par 38 bulbs or a simple 24 inch shop light T5 fixture. You should be able to output enough light for softies, couple it with a simple timer and you're set!

Draft saved Draft deleted