Upgrading my tank by 1200%

Nice looking stand. A miter saw would have been helpful, I only have a table saw. It works great for ripping ply but not as nice for dimentional lumber
 
Hoping to get the stand finished this week!
20180227_171230.jpg
20180227_171218.jpg
Controller panel on the left side. Entire front panel will be removable. Held on with a french cleat on the bottom and secured with magnets at the top corners.
 
live rock is easily one of the most important and most expensive parts of building a new tank other than lighting. i am pleased to announce after an extensive search and non competitive bid process that the contract for the rock for my tank will go to Tampa Bay Saltwater. ;):D
 
And the final goodie, my skimmer. And I admit the only reason I choose the aquamaxx co 1 was because it looks like a rocket ship

20180307_182815.jpg
20180307_182826.jpg


The engineering on it is not what I was expecting. No matter how you install the pump there's no room for the screws, which caused the base plate to crack. I may also have to drill my sump so the skimmer cup can drain as it can' hold much. But it does look like a rocket ship so bonus :rolleyes::cool:;Woot
 
And the final goodie, my skimmer. And I admit the only reason I choose the aquamaxx co 1 was because it looks like a rocket ship

20180307_182815.jpg
20180307_182826.jpg


The engineering on it is not what I was expecting. No matter how you install the pump there's no room for the screws, which caused the base plate to crack. I may also have to drill my sump so the skimmer cup can drain as it can' hold much. But it does look like a rocket ship so bonus :rolleyes::cool:;Woot
That is a legitimate reason[emoji52]

I would have done the same [emoji16]
 
Ok list of things to do this weekend:

Skin stand
Caulk the inside of it
The continued battle with GHA in my nano
Brew beer
Possibly paint the inside of the stand

Not sure on the painting thing as painting is one of the most things ever devised by man

Pix to follow
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new