Upgrading tank need advice

xIHA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys i am in the process of upgrading my nano 10g tank to a 25g/30g? tank i am unsure of how long i should cycle the new tank as i plan on migrating my rocks from the old tank.i currently have 2 large pieces of cycled liverock and 2 large/2 medium pieces of dry rocks and i am using live sand alongside fritz bacter9 how long before i transfer my corals and fish. My current stocklist in the 10g is a flame hawk and mostly softies/lps and 2 anemones and in the 30g i have a purple firefish and some random crabs and snails i stole from my 10g. i have also transfered half of my marine pure media from the 10g wich according to the website i have enough for a 50g tank.

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your upgrading the 10 to a 25 there’s no need for a cycle . You can add everything at once and go thru a mini cycle .

uhgster1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E02952DB-1DDA-43E8-B8B1-5E4C24762198.jpeg
I completely agree with James M. I swapped from a nuvo 10 to a JBJ 28. I literally moved the rock with coral attached, same sand and media from the ten straight up to the 28. I did dose a bottle of turbo start purple bottle just to be sure. It didn’t even cycle. That was 5 months ago. All of the coral you see is what was in the ten. It has basically doubled and tripled in size. Look in my profile and you should see some pics of the nuvo ten before and during the swap.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 31 38.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 33 40.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back