UPSIDE DOWN CLOWNFISH????

aquablizz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
upside down clownfish??? I really thought my Tomato clown was going to bite the dust... for over 3 weeks he has seemed to lost his balance swimming at times almost in a verticle position until I approach the tank and then he straightens out. Occasionally he even appears to be swimming on his back yet he eats just fine and still enjoys being in the bubble tip that host him.. Anyone else out there seen this behavior???

blizz

Tyreef2016

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not saying this is it, but check out swim bladder disease.

hopefully someone with more knowledge chimes in soon.

OP
OP
aquablizz

aquablizz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can anything be done to help it?? Have had this clown for a few years,, only thing new is a bubble tip anemone that the clown went to within 5 minutes of placement.. He stays with the anemone the entire night but during the day,, moves about the tank in an abnormal way.. anyone ever heard of anemone's affecting the health of a fish??

Deinonych

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Swim bladder disorders usually present themselves with the fish in a head-down position, with an exaggerated shimmying behavior. If the fish is swimming vertically with its head pointed up, that is an indication of a spinal injury. This is more common in fish like wrasses and tilefish which are easily startled. Never heard of a clownfish with this problem, but I guess there's no reason it couldn't happen.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
aquablizz

aquablizz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish has been with an anemone for a couple months and still eat just looks as though it always struggling..

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back