OP
OP
H

hyla84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are the animals acting? Hiding, fast breathing, polyps closed, etc.
With the alcohol and such in those, I'd watch for a bacterial bloom since was a carbon dose, maybe add an air stone and point powerheads towards surface to keep o2 levels up.
Get a new girlfriend

Any woman who would lill defenseless animals to spite you...

Not worth having

I know the crazy ones are fun, but they are not keepers. Gotta throw those ones back
I'd do the move to your friends tank... do the 100 liter water change. wait for RO to refill mix that and then buy the 300 liters and do another water change.... then monitor water for any die off and PH swings.
Sorry tag

Idaho-reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
these are the steps I would take

1. Get a new girlfriend
2. Lookup whatever brand of crap she put in you tank.
3. See if you can get an idea of ingredients
4. If it was bad like concentrated cleaner everything would already be dead
5. Wet skim and don’t stress too much about it, it’s already in the water, don’t move things to a new tank just water change as you can and look for any substantial changes.

Badguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it might be longer, check if you can rig one of your lights in the sump......All die off does not happen all at ones..your system may become more Bipolar than your Girlfriend for a couple days. I'd monitor the tank for a few. If possibility allows.

Badguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
these are the steps I would take

1. Get a new girlfriend
2. Lookup whatever brand of crap she put in you tank.
3. See if you can get an idea of ingredients
4. If it was bad like concentrated cleaner everything would already be dead
5. Wet skim and don’t stress too much about it, it’s already in the water, don’t move things to a new tank just water change as you can and look for any substantial changes.
You are in it. There are no bad decisions... Except your girlfriend, who tried to kill defenseless creatures.
Monitor water parameters for die off. if you see elevated numbers move them quick.

OP
OP
H

hyla84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just watched the bottle it just says perfumed scented water and it has a flammable warning so it could be alcohol as you guys said... Acans are open and one ocellaris platinum is on the bottom but he seems to be Allright to me... I'll sleep a couple of hours and see how it goes... Once the ro water will be ready I'll mix it with salt until it gets transparent and start with water change. I'll do 100 liters everyday until sunday

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just watched the bottle it just says perfumed scented water and it has a flammable warning so it could be alcohol as you guys said... Acans are open and one ocellaris platinum is on the bottom but he seems to be Allright to me... I'll sleep a couple of hours and see how it goes... Once the ro water will be ready I'll mix it with salt until it gets transparent and start with water change. I'll do 100 liters everyday until sunday
You may be able to find a msds sheet from the manufacturer to see what the ingredients are

acan-man

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a pendant style light you could take it with your friend and set it up in the sump. Better than nothing for 4 days

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you so much guys for your prompt advices :) I'll keep you updated as soon as I can... Hope to sleep a bit, my only think at moment is to stare at the tank

It sounds like you have decided on a reasonable plan. I encourage you to take care of yourself and make positive choices as you work through the issues with your fish and with your personal life. Please know that we are cheering for you, for your fish, and for the rest of your livestock.

OP
OP
H

hyla84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, the maxspect razor got some water and some lens are not working properly, luckily it's night so I just switched it off and I'll cross my fingers to see how it will go tomorrow. Tried to find the composition of the perfume but online it doesn't say anything as well

Last edited:

Bobcantbuild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank will probably be fine skimmer and new water will take care of most of it tho some corals might suffer. Unfortunately throughout t my years I have done similar things by accident. Once was so stoned/drunk I almost emptied a full gallon bottle of dog spot remover into one of my tanks (never keep the bottles in same closet again lol) thinking it was something else, everything lived just a ton of foam and water changes lol

OP
OP
H

hyla84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update,
Everything seems to be OK apart for the maxspect razor, got the feeling that it's got some water on the ventilation, just put it under the sunlight for 30 min and see how it goes once it's dry.
I'm about to change the first 100 liters

OP
OP
H

hyla84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a new girlfriend

Any woman who would lill defenseless animals to spite you...

Not worth having

I know the crazy ones are fun, but they are not keepers. Gotta throw those ones back

As a woman I’d have to agree. Anyone, man or woman, whose willing to kill animals, because he/she’s mad, is not worth it.
Thoughts are with you!

Last edited:

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I hope it works out.
My advice is with the majority here.
CHUCK THE GIRLFRIEND.
If its your place.
THROW HER OUT RIGHT NOW LOCK STOCK AND BARREL.
Change the locks on the place and never speak to or see her again.
If its her place then move your all your livestock immediately, then pack your bags.
If she did it once she will do it again, so the risk of moving the livestock to another tank will be less harmful than what she does next.
Then put it all on social media so the world will know how horrible of a person she truly is.
I am sorry but we as a hole just can't tolerate animal cruelty of any kind, and those who have no regard for animal life should be put in prison for life.

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was gonna guess you did something to upset her, and sure enough... that’s not cool, my wife can be crazy at times but not stupid. I hope all survives for you.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back