Urgent Help Needed

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wanted also to say - your leather coral is not opening quite properly - it should be full of tentacles - not just the few that are showing.

OP
OP
woodyetia

woodyetia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, from what I can see, the tang brought Brooklynella into your tank. That you had the clownfish for some time explains why they didn't come down with it right away.

This disease cannot be treated in a display, and even in a treatment tank, you really need to use formalin, which is toxic and difficult to source.

Jay
Hey Jay, thank you would it come on that fast though. I mean this really happened within like two days if I really think about it and I’ve had the tang for a couple of weeks now. What this causes any harm to the coral. Should I keep doing as I have with water changes weekly and hold off on any fish?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Jay, thank you would it come on that fast though. I mean this really happened within like two days if I really think about it and I’ve had the tang for a couple of weeks now. What this causes any harm to the coral. Should I keep doing as I have with water changes weekly and hold off on any fish?
I would hold off on any fish - keep everything 'stable' - with just fish, you may not need as many water changes. However, they will not hurt

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If a new fish introduces a disease, it can happen from a few days to 40+ days later, lots of variables to this.

Are you saying your corals are doing poorly also? If so, then it isn’t a fish disease.

Jay

OP
OP
woodyetia

woodyetia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If a new fish introduces a disease, it can happen from a few days to 40+ days later, lots of variables to this.

Are you saying your corals are doing poorly also? If so, then it isn’t a fish disease.

Jay
Alright corals and all inverts are doing just fine. I’m running it just as I would with fish minus the feedings. Again thank for all the info.

OP
OP
woodyetia

woodyetia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still holding on fish but saw this tonight any ideas on what it is?

IMG_1516.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1518.jpeg
    IMG_1518.jpeg
    204 KB · Views: 12

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just got back home and the two clowns are gone now as well with a white skin peeling. All corals and stuff look fine. Now I have no fish. This happened out of the blue. It’s been two weeks since anything new added.
Nitrates 0
Ammonia 2
Nitrate 2
Sorry to hear. I would leave your tank 'fallow' (without fish) for 8 weeks to ensure parasite removal

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 21 16.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 87 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.9%
Back