Urgh seriously.

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't worry Sarah, we redid some of your gingerbread men and hung them on the tree. You may need to blur the lens before posting pics of those. :) btw, Erica-Renee is quite the artist!
I did nothing to them... Its not my fault they ended up on the sidewalk where the birds and Squirrels are

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

@Fin sooooo sorry about your pup, in terms that I know what your going through, hence the reason I have a fish tank now. If anything I can do by all means please don’t hesitate.

@Katrina71 ukmm lol do I even wanna focus my glasses to see them lol. Oh please tell me they don’t like average joes dodge ball team when they play their first match in the mixed up uniforms lol. But yeah I’m putting too much thought into this this.

There is nothing wrong with feeding the birds and squirrels lol they need love also:)

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello.

So was thinking about adding a dosing machine except I’m really confused about it. For example my lfs has a used on for 50 that’s a three pump. I would do all three or just calcium and alk. But because I have mixed it by hand for so long it’s easy to do by hand.

They suggested I buy the premixed one gallon bottles and just put the air tubes in. But how do I know how much or how to set it for the proper dosing? (Lol don’t say read the directions because they make no sense). They want me to figure out how much I’m dosing now and then convert it then set the pump.

Well I don’t have a clue what that is because I rely on my water tests I do daily to every two days. If I add my two baby spoon fulls, it keeps it at a low of 7 and high of 8 or 8.5 for alk and 440-460 for calcium. So is there an easier way to do this, because it seems like a good way to crash my tank. Maybe if it was brand new in cycling, but I’m 13 months in.

Plus as my corals grow, I will have to increase the dosing pump which once set should be simple a click up or down.
But curious on others thoughts on this.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doser before an ATO, eh? Just kidding. :) I am not the best at explaining stuff, but you have some folks here that will correct any shortcomings in my description.

Since you test frequently anyway, you can use a dosing calculator to dial in your doser. Make sure you calibrate your doser before you start. This calculator from Marine Depot has calculations for a few different products. Not sure what you are using now for calcium and alkalinity. Test your water, enter your current values, system total water volume and desired target values. Select the product you use and hit calculate. It will tell you how much of a particular product to add to get to the desired value. After a week or so of doing this every day, you will see how much of a particular product (calcium & alkalinity) your tank is using every day. Magnesium shouldn't need daily dosings. Just keep an eye on it and add as necessary, using the calculator. I would dose manually for a week or so, to find out your normal daily usage before putting the doser online.

You can also start using Bulk Reef Supply's bulk calcium and alkalinity, which may save you some money. They have their own calculator for their products.

Personally, I don't know if I would buy a used doser. I haven't used mine yet, but I bought a Coral Box 4 pump wi-fi doser. It can be calibrated, set and adjusted with an iPhone app, which makes it more convenient for me. But, there are lots of options out there. With you being gone so much, a correctly set, dependable doser (and an ATO) would help a great deal in keeping your parameters stable for those SPS corals you have. Just keep up with your testing to make sure your levels are staying where you want them.

Last edited:

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who wants to go to work for me today. Its a Quite simple Job.. Just remove trim around two windows on a 150 year old porch . (you must not damage the trim it cant be matched up and to mill it is EXPENSIVE TIME CONSUMING WORK)
Remove the Plaster from the area two walls approx 4 feet in each direction.. Remove any flooring around that is water damaged.
Confirm my Judgement on where the water is getting in from.
Update Customers Job Quote as needed to complete the Repairs
Get Signed by Customer and a Deposit (deposit only if project is over 1k or customer seems shaky or tries to haggle over the price )
Bring me Materials list and Pictures of the OPEN Wall Detailing exactly where the water is getting in ...

You might need my 32 ft extension ladder . its hanging on the side of my garage .

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who wants to go to work for me today. Its a Quite simple Job.. Just remove trim around two windows on a 150 year old porch . (you must not damage the trim it cant be matched up and to mill it is EXPENSIVE TIME CONSUMING WORK)
Remove the Plaster from the area two walls approx 4 feet in each direction.. Remove any flooring around that is water damaged.
Get Signed by Customer and a Deposit (deposit only if project is over 1k or customer seems shaky or tries to haggle over the price )
Bring me Materials list and Pictures of the OPEN Wall Detailing exactly where the water is getting in ...

You might need my 32 ft extension ladder . its hanging on the side of my garage .

Nah, I think I will sit in my home office, feet up on a nice comfy pillow and drink coffee, browsing R2R and napping. You got this, Alien Goddess! :)

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lol, old school lathe and horse hair plaster?

I want to see you trim the new horse. [emoji846]

Have a wonderful day.
[emoji846]

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Let’s see I have had to work 36 hours in the last 48 hours, naw I’m good. I should have today off completely today and I’m gonna cuddle up in my frozen blanket and stay warm
Finally! You deserve the rest!

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Let’s see I have had to work 36 hours in the last 48 hours, naw I’m good. I should have today off completely today and I’m gonna cuddle up in my frozen blanket and stay warm
Glad you are getting some sleep!!

Young and immortal is a good thing. Lol, I miss it!

At what point in the coming year does this slow down?

You can't afford to get any skinnier. [emoji846]

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I’m not actually sure but I already found out my second year of residency is the same place I am now lol so not much change which is fine I like where I’m at. I don’t like that I have no life which is at best disappointing.

As much as I wanna be lazy today I have to do tank stuff today and take down xmas stuff etc. laundry the usual.

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

so you had 12 hours of sleep. I see nothing wrong with that..

Do you really think a Frozen Cold Blanket is going to keep you warm ?

Hehe ..

I am home.. this 1 day job has turned into a week

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so you had 12 hours of sleep. I see nothing wrong with that..

Do you really think a Frozen Cold Blanket is going to keep you warm ?

Hehe ..

I am home.. this 1 day job has turned into a week
m

Hello,

It’s a nice warm fleece blanket with the frozen characters on it lol, do I need to make you watch some Disney :). Wow a week to do a day job, kinda sounds like my kind of speed. I hate going Mach 20 with my hair about to combust.

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
m

Hello,

It’s a nice warm fleece blanket with the frozen characters on it lol, do I need to make you watch some Disney :). Wow a week to do a day job, kinda sounds like my kind of speed. I hate going Mach 20 with my hair about to combust.
AHHH Why did you not say Baby blanket... My Blanket i use on the Couch is a HAND WOVEN Mexican blanket i get on Mexico from the Lady who spun the material to weave the blanket.. Its like 25 years old and looks like new..

To have me in your home for 1 day cost about 500.00.. so a 5 day job cost you...... ???
I never complain about a t&m Job taking longer.

This is one of those Kick the can Kinda Job... that went from a few hours to TOTALLY Rotten wall. .. NEVER PUT OFF FOR TOMORROW THOSE THINGS you should get done today.

Happy Saturday

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AHHH Why did you not say Baby blanket... My Blanket i use on the Couch is a HAND WOVEN Mexican blanket i get on Mexico from the Lady who spun the material to weave the blanket.. Its like 25 years old and looks like new..

To have me in your home for 1 day cost about 500.00.. so a 5 day job cost you...... ???
I never complain about a t&m Job taking longer.

This is one of those Kick the can Kinda Job... that went from a few hours to TOTALLY Rotten wall. .. NEVER PUT OFF FOR TOMORROW THOSE THINGS you should get done today.

Happy Saturday

Hello,

I love the soft warm blankets and (baby blankets are way to small but I’ll settle for kids blankets :).

Wow 500 a day, that’s pretty amazing considering it’s like a non medical or lawyer type job.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Because my niece and nephews are with their said moms the second half of Xmas break. They made short work of getting up, maybe should wait another week lol.

But I did clean my tank and did some stuff with it today.
So many more house things to do but wow a nap seems great

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back