Urgh seriously.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mount an artificial Christmas tree to a platform on wheels. Decorate it with lots of lights and ornaments. When you are done with it, unplug it and roll it into a closet until next year. :)

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Wow so frustrating when I get notifications on my thread.
But I love your @Fin idea for placing the Xmas tree in a closet.

I’m curious as to how much cool whites and or magenta coral actually need? Curious if I turn them way down where it’s more blue, what changes would I see?

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

First off Happy new year to all my adorable loving friends on here, let’s hope 2019 is much better than 2018. In terms for me, I’m at work lovely.

As for my tank new pics coming and my female clown fish is missing and has me overly worried. The male stays in the frogspawn constantly and chaces anything away. She was there just the other day and doing amazing. All my fish are fat and happy, I can’t find her anywhere. So sad those were my two very very first salt water fish. I hope she is just hiding.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So checked my tank on my food break no female clown still, all other fish are nice fat and happy. The male clown seems very very protective of the frog spawn they host, more than normal. I don’t know if she has died, but if so from what? I have had her from the very beginning her and the male were my very first fish when I started so they are almost five years old for me. The male clown looks super healthy no spots or anything, and every time I go near the feeding section he is right there. All my tangs look amazing which is odd since clowns are more hearty than tangs.

So not sure if she is laying eggs again somewhere, kinda figured she would stay close to the frogspawn and her mate but nope. Or I’m thinking she became aggressive with one of my larger tangs the naso or Lt tang or even the purple and they slapped her across the tank again. Just stressing that if she had something I wanna get my other fish help ASAP. But I see no signs of anything at all, no bumps, no spots no odd behavior nothing. Not sure what to do this is kinda of a first for me on this one.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

Here are some pics that I took at random lol but will post more promise :)

DC702916-2503-481A-9E4D-E312218EEE4E.jpeg

31751563-9E87-4EC4-AD87-290A71EDD1BB.jpeg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

Here are some pics that I took at random lol but will post more promise :)

DC702916-2503-481A-9E4D-E312218EEE4E.jpeg

31751563-9E87-4EC4-AD87-290A71EDD1BB.jpeg
Looking great Sarah! Has your clown shown up yet?

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Awww thanks guys and nope she is still mia. Went home on my last food break and no signs. All fish look great ate like crazy no spots nothing. But it’s hard to look in my tank it’s so big and tons of rock work.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Yeah sadly don’t think she is going to reappear and yes I have a large clean up crew. They must have wanted a New Years treat because this would be the first. (Globies don’t count they decided to go hard wood floor surfing). Just not sure what to do with the male. He is now very aggressive and won’t let anything near the frogspawn. Not sure if she is laying eggs somewhere I can’t see, but he is normally nice.

I know that if the female clown decided to nip at my naso or Lt tang they are gonna tail slap her across the tank like last time. Even the male clown became fiesty with my purple tang and it chased around for about ten min, today when I came home to check on water level and what not. Hoping to be done by 8 on time tonight. But sadly we have close to 200 still waiting, good news if my relief shows up in time I can sneak out, fingers crossed.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Just to be on the safe side because I have tangs I installed a second uv sterilizer, (well I will be lol if I get any time). But may do it when I get home just to kill extra critters. My current uv shows that the bulb is still good but it’s extremely weird to just have a clown fish go mia.

@Brew12 any ideas or suggestions, I’m kinda in panic mode I wanna make sure nothing gets to my other fish. Hence the second uv and my uv does run 24/7. Again no signs or anything just gone like Casper the ghost. She definitely didn’t hard wood floor sure since I havnt found any crusted dead fish on my floor. Ewww that sounds sooo gross but yeah none yet.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Just to be on the safe side because I have tangs I installed a second uv sterilizer, (well I will be lol if I get any time). But may do it when I get home just to kill extra critters. My current uv shows that the bulb is still good but it’s extremely weird to just have a clown fish go mia.

@Brew12 any ideas or suggestions, I’m kinda in panic mode I wanna make sure nothing gets to my other fish. Hence the second uv and my uv does run 24/7. Again no signs or anything just gone like Casper the ghost. She definitely didn’t hard wood floor sure since I havnt found any crusted dead fish on my floor. Ewww that sounds sooo gross but yeah none yet.
Nope, no ideas for you. Any idea how old she was?

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello;

She is my oldest fish with the male clown almost 5-6 years old. She was the first saltwater fish I owned, she was the first in my 125 and my 240. Kinda bummed to be honest, and nothing is wrong with her husband. He does seem very aggressive today and won’t leave the host. He chases anything away and he nipped st the purple tang and had to run for his life.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

@Fin I checked the overflows, back side of my tank, the floor sump, dumped the filter sucks out now clowns in there lol. Is it normal for one to just up and disappear, usually other fish show signs. Plus not sure I can add another mate for my one clown, he is lonely now :(

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

@Fin I checked the overflows, back side of my tank, the floor sump, dumped the filter sucks out now clowns in there lol. Is it normal for one to just up and disappear, usually other fish show signs. Plus not sure I can add another mate for my one clown, he is lonely now :(
If you add another one, make sure it is much smaller. The male will transition to female and the new addition will become the male.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

@Brew12 yes my male is quite bigger than the other ones, but do they have to be the same breed. Like I have the normal aka Nemo clowns, can I do any kind now
Your female clown should have been the largest. The males in the clown family are the smaller ones. Since you still have one you should stay with the same kind of clown, especially if you want them to be a mated pair. You can get a designer clown that is a morph o the type you have.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 7.7%
Back