Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Yeah I may just wait for my 425 for that one lol. I can see where one person could see holy cow I have to read 100 pages yikes. But I would prefer the humorous badge over the build thread anyway. It’s what more exciting to make one laugh and well get build ideas, family therapy, cooking, how to avoid an airbag.

Besides all my friends and family are here lol, if I move this they would never find me again :). Besides if I have more than one lol just think I can endulge a reader all day long :).

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So after the fourth day I am certain my female clown fish went to performing clown heaven where she now rides a bicycle in a three ring circus as a profession. Gosh who said you can’t teach a fish to ride a bike.

With that said, :(, curious as to how long I should wait before I find my other clown a partner. He has been rather aggressive and my purple tang sorta hurled him across the tank. In light of this he is not harmed or oozing anything. But curious as to if I can mix clowns up a bit or should stay the same. I know they have to be smaller but he is the smallest fish now. There really is no fighting in my tank, because the naso tang and Lt tang usually keep things peaceful. But concerned if I put in even a smaller clown others may try and pick on him.

Tomorrow after working my 12 (Urgh) it’s time for some fun. I am curious I need to soak both my returns in vinegar to clean them. Can I do both at once or one at a time? I also finally had a failure in one of my power supplies to my orbit pros. Now granted I have three and using two I simply swapped them out and back in business.

But here is something neat, my lights are almost 4 years old and obviously off warranty. I contacted current usa to get a new one and the response was shocking. They replied to me that they were terribly sorry for the inconvenience, and because of such inconvenience have shipped me one overnight fedex. They didn’t even ask me for anything just we are sorry for the mishap.

I even called them and offered to pay and they said not a big deal they are here for their customers. So the least I could do was offer to send them a cake or pastries from a local place there where they are at. They have the best customer support I have ever experienced in any product.

But I will also post new pics of my tank and some changes that I have made. In addition I still have to manage my cords and re attempt the blue tooth management lol.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Good morning to all my friends :).

So on my list of things to do, maitence my tank today, it has fallen a tad behind and new pics of it. I had to move my blue and green hammer down that’s the size of a small basket ball because it was getting too much light.

Now the rock it was on is kinda bare lol so have to find some nice corals to stick up there and see what happens. Plus need uncover all my corals again on the sand bed. That’s becoming a daily chore twice or more a day when I’m able.

Plus the one thing I hate doing is sucking things in vinegar. It takes forever and yuck but does it get them nkce and clean and they run better afterwards:).

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So as promised I have some updated pics and have found some small hair algae. Not sure how to get rid of that but it had to go. It’s at the base of one of my acros, so wanna becareful not to harm that either. I also moved my blue and green hammer down, it was getting way too much light:)

F4C07B35-2585-4A4B-A844-978AEB5884AE.jpeg

E1064C2A-79C9-40F6-93B8-811A477600FB.jpeg

32BB96EE-5ADC-4FAA-9B34-C4D66F18DC8D.jpeg

1F595289-BA44-4FAF-811A-11C8E74D09B6.jpeg

5F65D043-613E-427D-BFA1-15EE429FD35C.jpeg

D88E8F54-6E1A-4C7F-BD7B-BE3D8EE0820E.jpeg

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. If your euphyllia was the size of a small basketball, I would say it was getting just the right amount of light. I usually won't move them once they get that happy. You could frag it and trade it for other stuff at your LFS.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can tell you for sure if you put a tiny bit of bubble bath in your hot tub, it will foam into the neighbor's yard.

Looking good. If your euphyllia was the size of a small basketball, I would say it was getting just the right amount of light. I usually won't move them once they get that happy. You could frag it and trade it for other stuff at your LFS.

Hello,

Yes it was getting blasted but still able to move it back up. I moved it down about 7 inches because the top was getting pale. Since then the top has had more color in it but will keep an eye on it. I do need to take it in and have them frag it along with the stinging Duncan.

There are about 100 plus heads on the blue and green hammer and 75 on the Duncan. I need to trim my leather but don’t know how. It’s on a rock that won’t move and heard they release toxins in the water. Few others I need to frag and the Jedi mind trick is starting to take off.

How have things been with you @Fin?

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

In the course of maintence I have found some very small sections of hair algae. What’s the best way to get rid of hair algae? I know you don’t pull on it because it make it spread. One rock I can take out, but it has some hair algae on it, and the rest had a few zoas. Another one it on the base of one of my pc rainbow frags.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plus the one thing I hate doing is sucking things in vinegar.

I can honestly say I do not know, nor have I ever known, anyone who wouldn't hate sucking things in vinegar! I'd say you're pretty normal in that department. So, you've got that going for ya! Baaahhhhh! ;Wacky

Last edited:

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How have things been with you @Fin?
OK, I guess. Still dealing with the loss of one of my Huskies and the affect it is also having on her brother. I haven't been on here much, or posting much. I can't keep up anymore between your and @Katrina71's threads. ;)

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I guess. Still dealing with the loss of one of my Huskies and the affect it is also having on her brother. I haven't been on here much, or posting much. I can't keep up anymore between your and @Katrina71's threads. ;)
Lol, sigh, I had to stop keeping up with Katrina's thread. [emoji53]
I blinked and I was 723 messages behind.

Sorry Katrina! [emoji17]

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Sooo sorry for no posts or pics, I was just overwhelmed with work and I kinda just shut down. Now they my brain is semi back and intact I can come back to the world of my dearest friends.

Well some updates, my golden goby is kinda kicking my heiney. I am starting to move corals up off the sand bed lol. I found one of my reverse prisms the back side was buried in sand and died. So saved the rest but up he went. Same with one of my scolys he went just s tad higher. I noticed two others were pretty upset because they had sand on them. So cleaned them off moved one. The others don’t seem to be as sensitive, but noticed some of the edges died off because buried in sand. For one goby he is one active little guy. Plus he won’t eat normal food that I feed, that’s a plus he stays at the bottom of the tank. But starting to wonder if he will run out of food in the size tank I have.

I also moved my tricolored sps higher up to test it. It was at the same level as my Maximus clam and he loves the light. But maybe sps wants some more so we will see what happens. Started to feed my corals every other day which sps wise seems to be really helping. Some softies and lps as well and others not so much. If I can find away to move my bloody leather to the sand bed I’m all up for it @Brew12 #reefsquad. I can’t cut it because of the toxins but it’s kinda of a supporting rock lol. I can attach pics as to which one needs to be trimmed big time and or moved.

I also have a huge blue and green hammer like the size of a small soft ball that was really high up. Was told it needed massive light and others said low to middle light. So umm which is it lol. I moved it down because yes it’s growing like a weed and open but was losing the dark green and bright blue so I’m thinking too much light. Also tricolored sps again was told medium light but seems to be better with higher light any suggestions. Pic posted of that as well. It’s nkt encrusted but I noticed some very slow tissue loss on the very bottom. May take some coral super glue around the button to prevent that from spreading. Also should be the last pic but the coral I’m speaking about if you look where my naso tang is point his mouth he is right at it :).

As far as other items go, realized my filter pads get nasty in a week, and filter socks about two days. A thing I can add to slow that down like where the skimmer is. My lfs has three micro fibers pads before the skimmer and after the skimmer. Definitely these pads, socks and goby is helping to keep the tank clean and the cyano is all but history.

However the reddish purple stuff that I can blow off with my turkey thingy I’m assuming is not good stuff but cyano correct. Anyway I worked on the tank tonight I cleaned the filter pads. As I vomited in my sink from the smell. Always cleaning the collection cup is high on my list lol. But can’t make it to the lfs till probably Tuesday for new pads. So I rinsed them out but maybe washing them in the washer is better. Nope I can’t have my clothes smell like my fish tank. So unladylike, lol but filter socks I do so what’s the difference, we’ll these pads are kinda slimy gross. The socks just look dirty and I can sanitize the washer after. But heard washing these pads ruins them. So they get the sink and the high powered sprayer to get the nasties out.

So greatful for any assistance, simple because as much as I love doing this on my own, I just don’t have the time do to work. I finally had to tell them 100 hour weeks ends this pay period.

Also to keep the true me of going off topic lol here are some of my fav pictures of my favorite music artist (Natalie Merchant 10,000 maniacs :) genius mind :)

8E3CE51F-0DF8-4B41-AFBC-E27DACC334E7.jpeg

3ACFF0EC-E716-41E2-AA7B-F47F35F68A49.jpeg

CD3104B2-D3B8-4D78-B8FF-A6D0C3A5DAFB.jpeg

E7E7C4C7-EE63-40D7-986F-B9E52B05AD42.jpeg

F666A9B6-3EE6-4E82-9A8F-67C6DC55B76F.jpeg

B1C9C2CD-8E04-47D2-B6C6-F4210FB3E382.jpeg

2C132157-7875-49FF-B703-048C1F4589E8.png

893506DD-4600-4C78-8C82-C96A110C2F81.png

5773AA8D-5DD6-49EF-9CC8-C1C60C2A10AC.png

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cut the leather. ;)

So greatful for any assistance, simple because as much as I love doing this on my own, I just don’t have the time do to work. I finally had to tell them 100 hour weeks ends this pay period.
:mad:

Glad you stood up.

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cut the leather. ;)

:mad:

Glad you stood up.
Agree with Salty on both. I have cut big leathers at the base before to move them out of the tank. Just run some carbon. I have ripped gallons of anthellia out by the hand full, as well as xenia also. If you are going to keep softies, you are going to have to cut them back from time to time.

Glad to spoke up about your working situation also. Chronic fatigue cannot be good for decision making - or your own health. You need more
couch.gif
time.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

@saltyfilmfolks so if I cut it should I change my phosphate reactor to carbon Instead prior? I also dose redsea no3, won’t running carbon change that? And can I just use a scalpel and cut what I don’t want? Maybe frag for my lfs, but it won’t affect my clam next to it, well anything else I hope as well? Just fragged a lot of corals and now have about 200 in store credit yippie.

Hate when I don’t get notifications on my own thread lol makes it hard to catch up. I have now had almost two days off wow there is life out there lol.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

@saltyfilmfolks so if I cut it should I change my phosphate reactor to carbon Instead prior? I also dose redsea no3, won’t running carbon change that? And can I just use a scalpel and cut what I don’t want? Maybe frag for my lfs, but it won’t affect my clam next to it, well anything else I hope as well? Just fragged a lot of corals and now have about 200 in store credit yippie.

Hate when I don’t get notifications on my own thread lol makes it hard to catch up. I have now had almost two days off wow there is life out there lol.
Life is good outside the salt mine no?

Carbon won’t effect no3. They advertised only claim to this effect is they it may bind some organics that would later rot to become no3.

In most cases the concerns over Toxins in leathers May be overblown. Al coral have some degree of allepothy , yes , howerver the main concerns in leather and gorgs is in wild caught specimens. Like poison dart frogs , once their wild diet is removed they don’t produce the same levels of toxins.
The farther they are from the wild , aquacultured and fragged for generations, they lose the toxicity they used as defense.

Yup. Just trim with a scalpel.

A bag of carbon on the return pump has always worked for me.

And take a nap. Or a nice walk. Or Netflix and chill. Lol.
Wait , you’re in Idaho , take a walk and get chilled.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Yeah it’s just wee bit nippy here in Boise. The cold does wake me up but really hate the fact the hospital still turns the air conditioning on right now. So I freeze outside and inside lovely.

@saltyfilmfolks you know lol it’s amazing what one can learn. With my degree (undergraduate) I probably should have known this but just goes to show ya. I had no idea that corals or even poison dart frogs would lose their toxins. I’m curious if the blue ringed octopus does as well. Soooo want one badly but he needs his own tank.

Well that just means lol I get to do surgery with out supervison lol

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 75 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back