Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

@Brew12 I want them to be a mates so I will do the same kind. Just weird I have never seen this where it was just my clown. Even with my blue hippo tang way more sensitive to things, I’m glad knock on wood nothing else has come up. Adding a second uv should be fine since the one I have is rated for 120 and two would be 240. If anything I should have better coverage.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just want to be clear, is it the larger or smaller one that is missing?

I ask because I didnt see my Male(smaller) for a few days, turned out they had laid eggs on the back of a rock at the rear of the tank. He was busy fanning the eggs and wasnt coming out to eat even.

Hope it turns up

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just want to be clear, is it the larger or smaller one that is missing?

I ask because I didnt see my Male(smaller) for a few days, turned out they had laid eggs on the back of a rock at the rear of the tank. He was busy fanning the eggs and wasnt coming out to eat even.

Hope it turns up

Hello,

Yes the larger one is the one missing, and the male is now overly protective of the frogspawn. Not sure if she laid eggs and is back there or if she died somehow. I can’t imagjne fish disease since it’s been three days and all my other fish are great and no issues at all.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So finally home from work today and again at feeding no Cora:(. Probably safe to assume she is part of the bioload of my ocean now :(. Will probably give it some time before I add another one. I just kinda have a phobia of adding any fish because I don’t wanna risk diseases.

However all other fish look amazing and no issues there.
@Brew12 curious on how to know if your clam has too much light or not enough. Yes mine had his mantle out but the shell is usually barley open. He is down 24 inches but has been fine for 13 months. Some of the things I have read are not exactly clear.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So finally home from work today and again at feeding no Cora:(. Probably safe to assume she is part of the bioload of my ocean now :(. Will probably give it some time before I add another one. I just kinda have a phobia of adding any fish because I don’t wanna risk diseases.

However all other fish look amazing and no issues there.
@Brew12 curious on how to know if your clam has too much light or not enough. Yes mine had his mantle out but the shell is usually barley open. He is down 24 inches but has been fine for 13 months. Some of the things I have read are not exactly clear.
My clam didn't make it. My Hippo tang killed it. Lots of better people to ask about clams than me.

Sorry about Cora!

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So I don’t know how to do a poll or survey but let’s make it easy and just ask lol. What type of food is the best for lps and sps coals. I have marine snow, and another one I mix up that is red etc. I didn’t notice much with reef roids or oyster feast. They are great but, most of these say to feed every day and for the price marine snow and others are much better.

No Cora yet, it’s really disturbing that Marlin now has to become a female lol. Us girls ruin everything the poor guy.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of food is the best for lps and sps coals.
I like a nice slab of BBQ baby back ribs when I'm staring at my lps and sps corals. During the winter, a nice bowl of potato soup with a Shiraz makes for a great food to enjoy while viewing.

DLHDesign

Ex-Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During the winter, a nice bowl of potato soup with a Shiraz makes for a great food to enjoy while viewing.
Is that with or without cheese? I tend more towards a dry riesling or crisp pinot gris with potato soup. Adding a bit of chipotle into the soup, however, and a berry-forward Syrah could be just the thing. :)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that with or without cheese? I tend more towards a dry riesling or crisp pinot gris with potato soup. Adding a bit of chipotle into the soup, however, and a berry-forward Syrah could be just the thing. :)
With. Mild cheddar, bacon, and chives to top the soup really make the coral viewing session pop.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like a nice slab of BBQ baby back ribs when I'm staring at my lps and sps corals. During the winter, a nice bowl of potato soup with a Shiraz makes for a great food to enjoy while viewing.

Hello,

Oh my gosh lol can’t stop laughing, and if sps corals love ribs and steak and cheese they are all set lol. Plus it’s sad that a nice steak or rack of ribs is cheaper than some food for corals :). But when I feed the corals the baby back ribs do I just sit on the tank with my feet in the water and some string tied around the bone and I let them nibble on it, or tease them with bbq sauce?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Oh my gosh lol can’t stop laughing, and if sps corals love ribs and steak and cheese they are all set lol. Plus it’s sad that a nice steak or rack of ribs is cheaper than some food for corals :). But when I feed the corals the baby back ribs do I just sit on the tank with my feet in the water and some string tied around the bone and I let them nibble on it, or tease them with bbq sauce?
Feed ribs to the coral? What a waste!!! As long as you feed your fish well you don't need to feed the coral. I wouldn't expect much in the way of noticeable results unless you have very low nutrient levels.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Omg lol does that mean I can actually save money on my tank every month and buy more ribs lol. I do feed pretty often well once daily to my fish. Should I feed morning and night or just what I’m doing now. They get six of the frozen food pellets and it’s gone in maybe 30 seconds.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Omg lol does that mean I can actually save money on my tank every month and buy more ribs lol. I do feed pretty often well once daily to my fish. Should I feed morning and night or just what I’m doing now. They get six of the frozen food pellets and it’s gone in maybe 30 seconds.
I feed 2 times a day, but if your fish are fat and happy, just keep with what you are doing.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I at the spur of a moment decided that @Brew12 idea for some good food was a grand idea. So this is what I ended up doing, (there was more veggies etc) but on another plate. Now I have left overs for three days :)

9C698A75-DBF8-4372-B6C9-29F43EE5E579.jpeg

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So I had an interesting day today to say the least. As anyone well in college and maybe work have to attend seminars or in services? Students aka attend classes obviously, but how many have ever gone to the wrong seminar or class?

Today for a good 8 hours and despite me trying to ask questions and they kept saying please wait to the end of it. I was suppose to attend a seminar for work because I am still under a year and though I’m getting close to my year mark I’m not there so had to go. Kinda like a glorified orientation that I was dreading.

So after sitting in this stupid seminar, I was assigned a career coach, in which I think he needs a new job. But in short I listened to him tell me how to apply myself and maybe volunteer for s year or two to simply build my resume and to refuse pay. That it would get my foot in the door and and people would see I’m serious. He suggested that I either get my ged and or complete a tech school.

After he made me feel kinda worthless and lazy I explained to him that I already work 100 hour weeks, have no life and I don’t get paid for my over time. I also said that I already have my medical degree and have six more years or residency.

After him and I look at each other in awe he realizes that I’m in the wrong room. I’m in the room where (I’m not putting this down) individuals need state assistance for food stamps and are required to find work. So I wasted 8 hours non paid today to learn about how to work for Maximus and how I can become an amazing dishwasher (was the job they offered me). Didn’t help that the hr secretary gave me wrong room number. Mine was across the hallway and actually pertained to my current position.

I’m not one to be rude or cause a scene but when I did ask if this was the st als medical orientation for residency. The lady Just looks at me and said take these folders and find a seat.

So has anyone been like me and sat through the wrong thing and even tried to leave or find out and couldn’t? As much as hr thought this was funny lol :( I have to still Make it up. But at least they offered to let me use one of my comp days s I was still paid. I feel as if my brain has melted, and is no longer present.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

@Brew12 sknce I do most of my tank on this thread should I have it moved to tanks larger than 180 like yours. I never knew or know why it’s on lounge but that’s fine as well as long as I’m within rules. I don’t know if this thread counts as my build thread on my 240 or if I must start a new one. But hey twice the fun right :)

I did move my larger blue and green hammer lower in my tank because it was getting way to much light. Need to get some more micro pads to make it crystal clear again :)

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aww, I wouldn't move this thread. Maybe start a dedicated thread in the "Member Tank Large Tank Forum" for this tank and another one in the "Member Tank Monster Tank Forum" for the 425 and keep the tone of the threads more about your tanks. I think I might have suggested that maybe 50-60 pages ago. :) This thread is priceless the way it is. IMO anyway.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

@Brew12 sknce I do most of my tank on this thread should I have it moved to tanks larger than 180 like yours. I never knew or know why it’s on lounge but that’s fine as well as long as I’m within rules. I don’t know if this thread counts as my build thread on my 240 or if I must start a new one. But hey twice the fun right :)

I did move my larger blue and green hammer lower in my tank because it was getting way to much light. Need to get some more micro pads to make it crystal clear again :)
It ended up here because it was initially posted in the tank emergency section. Once the emergency had passed it and it became more of a humorous thread, it was moved to the Lounge.
We can move it to the Large Tank Build thread if you want. Personally, I would start a new build thread but it is completely up to you. I think people appreciate that they can go to my build thread on page one and see exactly what equipment I have and get a rough idea of how I run my system and what it looks like. It would be tough to do that using this thread at this point, since you are over 100 pages in!

But again, its all up to you. We do have rules, but most of them are about keeping the site family friendly.

Back