Urgh seriously.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I read that stuff you mentioned about who would care for your tanks if something happened to you. I wrote a long response to that, but it was kind of morbid and I deleted all of it. I don’t like dwelling on stuff like that. Especially since I am old. :). Make a will and ease your mind of what will happen to your aquarium and belongings. I just don’t want my wife selling my stuff for what I told her it cost. :)

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you are feeling better. I am behind on your thread, but just wanted to pop in to see how you were recovering. So glad your doctor has limited your working hours. Had you not been so worn out and stressed, maybe you wouldn't have gotten sick in the first place.

Hello,

Yes I have missed you @Fin and yes I have been sick and today has been better. They say yesterday is history tomorrow is a mystery but today is a present which also happens to be a gift. Yes the dr limited my hours but only for a two week period. How have you been doing and how is your wife and family? Any progress on your tank, and let’s be honest lol I’m behind on my own thread. Just glad I have all my friends :).

@Lowell Lemon lol thanks and yeah your right but my dr kinda didn’t give them much option. It was either 50 hours max for two weeks or she was going to admit me into the hospital so my immune system would strengthen and I’d get weight back. Having been sick then mono on top took me back down to about 80 pounds. But I normally work the three 24 hour shifts in a week then on my normal days off I get called in to do 12 hour shift.

Lol sorry about the topic of what happens if I pass. I always envisioned my parents taking over. It wasn’t till they said please not us, did it hit me. Again I really really hope that’s a long time away, but it made me more aware of the things I love. I adore my tank like a child (with nephews and niece that I have now lol I don’t need any of my own), but it prepped me to find a solution suitable to my liking, while I still have some say lol. (Thanks also) today has been better but really not fond of prednisone lol, but definitely beats being admitted to the hospital. Definitely on the mend and over the head cold and sinus infection thankfully.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Yes I have missed you @Fin and yes I have been sick and today has been better. They say yesterday is history tomorrow is a mystery but today is a present which also happens to be a gift. Yes the dr limited my hours but only for a two week period. How have you been doing and how is your wife and family? Any progress on your tank, and let’s be honest lol I’m behind on my own thread. Just glad I have all my friends :).

@Lowell Lemon lol thanks and yeah your right but my dr kinda didn’t give them much option. It was either 50 hours max for two weeks or she was going to admit me into the hospital so my immune system would strengthen and I’d get weight back. Having been sick then mono on top took me back down to about 80 pounds. But I normally work the three 24 hour shifts in a week then on my normal days off I get called in to do 12 hour shift.

Lol sorry about the topic of what happens if I pass. I always envisioned my parents taking over. It wasn’t till they said please not us, did it hit me. Again I really really hope that’s a long time away, but it made me more aware of the things I love. I adore my tank like a child (with nephews and niece that I have now lol I don’t need any of my own), but it prepped me to find a solution suitable to my liking, while I still have some say lol. (Thanks also) today has been better but really not fond of prednisone lol, but definitely beats being admitted to the hospital. Definitely on the mend and over the head cold and sinus infection thankfully.
80 lbs?! Eat !! lol

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I read that stuff you mentioned about who would care for your tanks if something happened to you. I wrote a long response to that, but it was kind of morbid and I deleted all of it. I don’t like dwelling on stuff like that. Especially since I am old. :). Make a will and ease your mind of what will happen to your aquarium and belongings. I just don’t want my wife selling my stuff for what I told her it cost. :)

Hello,

@Fin your such a goof lol you always make me laugh and smile. When you say morbid lol you didn’t happen to watch the movie deuce bigalow, where he is doing something with the tank and sticks the lion fish in the blender? Then on accident the one girl turns it on:). I didn’t see the whole movie but a friend showed me that part from you tube or something. But really glad to see you back and your not old, you just have much more wisdom than us younger versions.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
80 lbs?! Eat !! lol

Hello,

Hey I was at 90 I made my goal per the dr lol and ate a donut every other day as well. But I have always been under 100 it’s more genetic than anything. I do average about 2500 calories a day so close to average. But that was after I was taking my four food breaks at work. I still eat three times a day, but balance it where lunch is light, breakfast is The most, then dinner is a little lighter than breakfast. Then days off is usually the same, and I never use to eat fast food. I manage one meal every two weeks lol, (but it’s ususlly the happy meal) I love the toys lol.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Hey I was at 90 I made my goal per the dr lol and ate a donut every other day as well. But I have always been under 100 it’s more genetic than anything. I do average about 2500 calories a day so close to average. But that was after I was taking my four food breaks at work. I still eat three times a day, but balance it where lunch is light, breakfast is The most, then dinner is a little lighter than breakfast. Then days off is usually the same, and I never use to eat fast food. I manage one meal every two weeks lol, (but it’s ususlly the happy meal) I love the toys lol.
Lolol, you are wild.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Wow that’s a first for me lol. I’m usually told I’m quite shy, timid (all very true still), way more reserved in person:). But the new happy meal toys are neat. Of course my niece usually ends up with them lol one way or another.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that’s a first for me lol. I’m usually told I’m quite shy, timid (all very true still), way more reserved in person:). But the new happy meal toys are neat. Of course my niece usually ends up with them lol one way or another.

Evidently we are able to put pounds on young ladies with our Vegetarian and Vegan menue. We had an exchange student from Germany that claimed she lost 15 lbs after going back home lol!

On another note my son (25) just landed a job in Seattle at Fred Hutch Cancer Center. As a Bio Engineer he is excited to start in his field of interest. He is in his masters in Bio Informatics right now and loving the challenge. Sure is going to be quiet in the shop for a while...I will miss him and his skills!:(

Last edited:

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Evidently we are able to put pounds on young ladies with or Vegetarian and Vegan menue. We had an exchange student from Germany that claimed she lost 15 lbs after going back home lol!

On another note my son (25) just landed a job in Seattle at Fred Hutch Cancer Center. As a Bio Engineer he is excited to start in his field of interest. He is in his masters in Bio Informatics right now and loving the challenge. Sure is going to be quiet in the shop for a while...I will miss him and his skills!:(
Someday this will be me too. I'm happy and sad for you both!

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad you are feeling better! Come be a doctor in the South...you will be over the 90 mark! :)
She needs some chicken & sausage gumbo over rice, some jambalaya and boudin! We can fatten her up big time.

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is Mardi Gras time down here. We could get you some King Cake! That would fatten you up. :)

Like huge cinnamon roll with fruit flavored filling and some have cream cheese too. I had some with strawberry and cream cheese today. :)

248D2024-3844-43F8-9E70-966BA353283F.jpeg

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 60 46.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 44 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back