Urgh seriously.

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait there are more babies how many babies are there, do you guys just drop them in anything that some is drinking? I would never find that in milk, till it’s half way down my esophagus lol, (they don’t make squeaky noises do they)?
Lol, no. [emoji846] the baby is from a king cake like they were describing.

The glass is from a "krew party" that I was fortunate enough to be invited to.

The Mardi Gras floats are built by teams, usually called krews.
I was living down in Morgan city, Louisiana at the time and got invited to it through a friend.

Just some souvenirs from a fun time. [emoji846]

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, no. [emoji846] the baby is from a king cake like they were describing.

The glass is from a "krew party" that I was fortunate enough to be invited to.

The Mardi Gras floats are built by teams, usually called krews.
I was living down in Morgan city, Louisiana at the time and got invited to it through a friend.

Just some souvenirs from a fun time. [emoji846]

Hello,

That does sound like a lot of fun, never been to a Mardi Gras or intoxicated for that point. So people just buy these little creepy things lol or do they put any kind of toy? It would be kinda like a treasure hunt, here is a box of cinnamon rolls find the toy lol.

I noticed that my tank had lots of air bubbles in it and it was mainly do to the fact my filter pads were dirty and not allowing water through. Plus the filter socks need to be washed and some how managed to not wash them oops. But thinking shoukd I rinse them or just buy new ones. Plus filter socks are getting a tad old. Today my chores are to awaken from the dead lol, eat lol, maybe a cinnamon roll. (Do you think one could place a Lego min figure in there lol be a great birthday thing lol find the mini fig and win a prize). Then I need to clean the glass, and change the socks and rinse the other pads or buy new ones. Oh and empty my skimmer which is getting full.

I also need to thing about trimming corals or adding the brights back to the center light. I’m starting to see shading because of growth. I don’t wanna trim but lol if I don’t it’s gonna be overwhelming getting in there. I take all the frags to my lfs, eventually I should probably use my store credit lol.

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, double check with @Fin.
I was told that the baby is supposed to be the little baby Jesus. Like in a manger scene. That is why they are called King cakes. [emoji846]

Mardi Gras is the blow out party before Lent shuts everything down.
Um, could have phrased that better, but that pretty much sums it up.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, double check with @Fin.
I was told that the baby is supposed to be the little baby Jesus. Like in a manger scene. That is why they are called King cakes. [emoji846]

Mardi Gras is the blow out party before Lent shuts everything down.
Um, could have phrased that better, but that pretty much sums it up.
I have heard that, but I think originally in France they used to put a bean in the cake as a symbol of luck or prosperity to whoever finds it. I dunno. I’m not really a big Mardi Gras person. Not really into the balls or parades. Kinda dumb to see adults catching beads and useless plastic crap off of the floats. I think the last parade I went to, I saw a drunk “adult” woman wrestle some beads away from a child. That about did it for me. I am an old curmudgeon now anyway, so don’t mind me. :)

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sarah24! I guess I'll be the one to spill the beans. That's where babies come from. Cake.

Hello,

Lol @Fin naw you know we are after your wisdom right :). @Katrina71 wait babies come from cake (I wonder how many kids I have ohhhhh not good), and wait if babies come from cake then what are those screaming little things that I have to deliver sometimes in the er, or nicu? I thought those were suppose to be babies. Whatever it is it ahh kinda looks painful, and can’t say how many times I have seen the lady smack the husband or what ever he is because of this. If I ever get married, lol I promise he will suffer more. Oh I can make it where one leg and an arm doesn’t work. I can come up with all kinds of things. Cake hmmmmmm maybe I should go buy one.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like gremlins. Just don't feed them after midnight, or get them wet. :)

Hello,

How does that work, wouldn’t they starve after the first day. Since it’s always after midnight lol? @Katrina71 I tried to buy some cake and they said no. They said I had to have a spouse present and marriage license

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh right. Idaho.

Hello,

Lol ahhhhhh @NY_Caveman lol I soooooo know where this is going lol and nope I’m not lol, that’s all I’m gonna say about this one :). But can say that I don’t see it really enforced most of the time, specially in Idaho lol.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Today I had some motivation to actually work on my tank. It definitely, punished me for taking some days off (more like a week). It took some time to clean my filter pads, socks etc and also clean the glass. Not to mention I had to move all my coral on the sand bed into a spare container for about ten minutes. The goby piled soooo much sand I had to use my little toy beach shovel to move it. The center started with plus 2 inches and some was down to the glass.

Did a water test st the lfs and luckily nothing spiked, hoping nothing does. Tank was not even cloudy but I did not stir the sand bed. I just took sand off the top and gently moved it a few errr feet lol. My goby was not happy, he looked at me and picked some up and went back to the corner. Still have some more to move but did it slowly. May have to add more live sand lol. I guess I will get to see how the live sand in the cup method works :).

But to my surprise my new step ladder worked really well and I didn’t drown myself. Although, getting wet up past my shoulder is lol just weird. This time I was smart enough to tie my hair up into a bun. It was great until the hair tie broke and all my hair fell into my tank. Lucky I had a towel close by and now I can mark on my resume that I have experienced the wet dog look and feel. Although I’m not quite so sure what they were so happy about.

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So lets see, I'm broke, I do *not* need to add a 1.75" purple tang to the 19 fish we already have in the 75 gallon tank, we already have a 2.25" yellow tang, I don't want to stress out the 2" copperband. Etc , etc.

Same fish that was here 2 weeks ago and still looks good.

Somebody please kick me.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So lets see, I'm broke, I do *not* need to add a 1.75" purple tang to the 19 fish we already have in the 75 gallon tank, we already have a 2.25" yellow tang, I don't want to stress out the 2" copperband. Etc , etc.

Same fish that was here 2 weeks ago and still looks good.

Somebody please kick me.
Consider yourself kicked. Step away from the counter. Besides, you left your wallet in the car so you can't buy it anyway. ;)

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Today I had some motivation to actually work on my tank. It definitely, punished me for taking some days off (more like a week). It took some time to clean my filter pads, socks etc and also clean the glass. Not to mention I had to move all my coral on the sand bed into a spare container for about ten minutes. The goby piled soooo much sand I had to use my little toy beach shovel to move it. The center started with plus 2 inches and some was down to the glass.

Did a water test st the lfs and luckily nothing spiked, hoping nothing does. Tank was not even cloudy but I did not stir the sand bed. I just took sand off the top and gently moved it a few errr feet lol. My goby was not happy, he looked at me and picked some up and went back to the corner. Still have some more to move but did it slowly. May have to add more live sand lol. I guess I will get to see how the live sand in the cup method works :).

But to my surprise my new step ladder worked really well and I didn’t drown myself. Although, getting wet up past my shoulder is lol just weird. This time I was smart enough to tie my hair up into a bun. It was great until the hair tie broke and all my hair fell into my tank. Lucky I had a towel close by and now I can mark on my resume that I have experienced the wet dog look and feel. Although I’m not quite so sure what they were so happy about.
Has your goby moved all “his sand” back yet? Lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back