Urgh seriously.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

You know I was thinking, sitting in this place for a week plus now is well kinda boring lol. It would be much more relaxing if they had a saltwater tank and or even Fresh water tank. I am hoping to be out this week, pretty sure now that my fever has finally decided to leave (hopefully for good). I can’t say this was enjoyable or much of a vacation lol, but again I still know why.

I can’t say I enjoy the food much, room service is kinda nice lol. Not thrilled of the bed, sorry I love the big fluffy sink soft ones lol. But lfs did say I may lose a few corals sps do to my dad stirring the sand bed, well leveling it out. They turned my flow up a lot and put new micro filter socks on, and have been there daily etc. Love me daddy lots but he is terrible at fish tanks, guess it’s s good thing he doesn’t want anything to do with it, if I suddenly pass away. But I’m shooting for getting out by Wednesday yay.
Fingers crossed for you to be able to bust outta there on Wednesday!

Glad you have a good LFS near by to keep a daily eye on your tank. Give dad some major cred for at least trying. It isn’t sonething that just anyone can handle.

Get some sleep!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Well hopefully I am on my way home here soon. The good news is that I havnt had a fever and my lymph nodes are not as swollen. But even better my immune system has shown signs of recovery. Blood test showed they have increased almost back to normal which is really good.

Granted lol they also said if I’m let out as soon as tomorrow, I just stay indoors for another week, and no work lol. But even better I have finally been able to use and burn up all that extra comp time. Would have preferred to use it seeing the ocean or something special, but I guess hospital room service isn’t too bad. I’m curious if it’s as good as those super special club only places with the golf carts and golfing whatever they do lol.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Well hopefully I am on my way home here soon. The good news is that I havnt had a fever and my lymph nodes are not as swollen. But even better my immune system has shown signs of recovery. Blood test showed they have increased almost back to normal which is really good.

Granted lol they also said if I’m let out as soon as tomorrow, I just stay indoors for another week, and no work lol. But even better I have finally been able to use and burn up all that extra comp time. Would have preferred to use it seeing the ocean or something special, but I guess hospital room service isn’t too bad. I’m curious if it’s as good as those super special club only places with the golf carts and golfing whatever they do lol.
Good to hear! What have you been doing to keep yourself busy? When I was in the hospital for 2 weeks with my leg I was losing my mind I was so bored! Lol

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear! What have you been doing to keep yourself busy? When I was in the hospital for 2 weeks with my leg I was losing my mind I was so bored! Lol

Hello,

Well I have started to talk to the people on the wall, I have memorized exactly how many tiles there are on the floor. I have tried unsuccessfully several times to get my bed to fold me into a pretzel, and I have tried every single movement of said bed. I tried to see how many times I could push the call light before they showed up, but it didn’t work. :(

I have walked around the fifth floor now, ohhh countless miles lol. As well as I am still not brave enough to move past the Cheerios and white toast for breakfast. Some of those items are possibly what’s keeping people in there (so gross). Oh and I found the cvs channel or shopping network , do people really buy this stuff? Not to mention I get woken up often for vitals lol. I can see for certain things buttttttt, come on now lol sleep is the best medicine, and they keep waking me up.

So yes I have gone stir crazy, and I will go from thee normal hospital to a mental health hospital. I’ll sing they are coming to take me away ha ha, as I’m placed into a straight jacket.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Well I have started to talk to the people on the wall, I have memorized exactly how many tiles there are on the floor. I have tried unsuccessfully several times to get my bed to fold me into a pretzel, and I have tried every single movement of said bed. I tried to see how many times I could push the call light before they showed up, but it didn’t work. :(

I have walked around the fifth floor now, ohhh countless miles lol. As well as I am still not brave enough to move past the Cheerios and white toast for breakfast. Some of those items are possibly what’s keeping people in there (so gross). Oh and I found the cvs channel or shopping network , do people really buy this stuff? Not to mention I get woken up often for vitals lol. I can see for certain things buttttttt, come on now lol sleep is the best medicine, and they keep waking me up.

So yes I have gone stir crazy, and I will go from thee normal hospital to a mental health hospital. I’ll sing they are coming to take me away ha ha, as I’m placed into a straight jacket.
Hahahahha ;Shamefullyembarrased;Dead that sounds about right

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read through the whole thread. I hope you feel better soon!

Hello,

Wow you have some amazing serious dedication for reading all this and I hope it was a good read. Sorry for all the off topic tangents lol. Thanks for the kind words I was released just this evening so I’m home now and feels great.
@Bronc lol really I looked horrible and there is no way lol that’s happening but I had some amazing unicorn socks on.
I am home now and it’s been great but panicking.

Lost some sps corals like five, and some of my huge Aussie Blastos are not so well, the small ones are bad but the huge fluffy ones not yet. Trying to see if I need to frag it. I did a water test and nitrate was 5ppm and phosphate was 0.25ppm ( just barley above undectable), and cal was 420 and sal was 1.024. But I found my flow turned full blast on everything. Maybe because my dad stirred my sand bed and they lfs did it to move water volume. Have a little bit of cyano on each of the ends not much. Definitely need to level the sand back out to the center.

@Bronc this is the best I can do today my unicorn socks and me from the side with my messy hair lol. FYI I had to buy milk so my dad took me and (no I don’t smoke lol but was with my dad who was getting something that was by them).

01EBD8AB-0A6A-41F1-8CFC-28A6FFA76FE8.jpeg

FA5B4384-1BD6-40DB-BF1E-AA4151A0AAA1.jpeg

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Wow you have some amazing serious dedication for reading all this and I hope it was a good read. Sorry for all the off topic tangents lol. Thanks for the kind words I was released just this evening so I’m home now and feels great.
@Bronc lol really I looked horrible and there is no way lol that’s happening but I had some amazing unicorn socks on.
I am home now and it’s been great but panicking.

Lost some sps corals like five, and some of my huge Aussie Blastos are not so well, the small ones are bad but the huge fluffy ones not yet. Trying to see if I need to frag it. I did a water test and nitrate was 5ppm and phosphate was 0.25ppm ( just barley above undectable), and cal was 420 and sal was 1.024. But I found my flow turned full blast on everything. Maybe because my dad stirred my sand bed and they lfs did it to move water volume. Have a little bit of cyano on each of the ends not much. Definitely need to level the sand back out to the center.

@Bronc this is the best I can do today my unicorn socks and me from the side with my messy hair lol. FYI I had to buy milk so my dad took me and (no I don’t smoke lol but was with my dad who was getting something that was by them).

01EBD8AB-0A6A-41F1-8CFC-28A6FFA76FE8.jpeg

FA5B4384-1BD6-40DB-BF1E-AA4151A0AAA1.jpeg
Glad to hear your out!! Horay!!

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Yes I have gone stir crazy and now panicking at my house lol. I saw my tank was oh wow this should not be this way and curious as to why the lfs changed things.
Oh yea I know :oops::eek:, they should know never change a flow pattern, and definitely don’t turn it on full blast lol. How bad is the sps? Totally gone or any recovery chances?

How are you feeling?

Last edited:

Bronc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those socks look awesome!

With the crazy hours you work, you should invest in dosing pumps, an automatic fish feeder, and a camera for your tank. (I work from home and still have all of these!). They make life so much easier!

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral is not as big of a deal as your health!
THIS ^^^^^^!!!!!!!

That was a great shot of your ear! You look perfectly healthy in that one. :). Nice socks too! Glad you are out of the hospital. I have always said that hospitals are no place to be to get well. You will do better at home where you can sleep. Don’t fret too much over the tank right now. Just get in some chillaxin! :)

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 15.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 65 45.8%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 48 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back