Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The coral may just like the music you have been listening to lately better. :D

Hello,

Lol you so know that’s true :). I play good music to them as I feed them and dance in my socks (trying not to slip and fall like Charlie Brown). But what makes my reef grow so well, generations of great music, and umm me calling Aladdin’s genie over and saying genie I want an amazing coral reef Shazam!

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's this for a live performance? New Kid in Town - Eagles (by Henley, Frey & Souther) Greatness!

Hello,

Wow I have not seen that one to be honest. There is a few songs by Henley that lol well wait one boys of summer. Now this song gave me nightmares when I was very little like 1sr grade to like 5th grade. What’s funny is I have no idea why but my brothers would torture me lol. I use to listen to music to fall asleep. Well one day (which is why I still don’t watch any scary movies) as I was going to sleep lol they put that song in like four times mixed in. Needless to say my mom found me asleep in my closet behind all my stuffed animals. Now fast forward lol I love that song and always love hearing it when it comes on.

I think one of my favorite music videos is when elo did a live version of don’t bring me down. There are several others but this one has always been one of my favorites. Plus the I want to break free video I found pretty funny, love that one also.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So today I tried to do maintence and everything else was in the bloody way. I’m curious if it would be okay to vinegar bath both my return pumps at the same time. Granted I’ll lose that flow, but until they are clean. However my heaters are in there along with my skimmer. May have to do one at a time. But was curious if I could do all four wave makers at once. Then pull a return and my gyre, and then finally the other return pump. The reason is I want to get them all done but don’t have lots of days open to do so. How does one normally wash this many wave makers?

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Miss Sarah , If You can get both pumps cleaned up & reinstalled in a day,go for it. best to do one at a time though. However You already know this !

Hello,

I’ll probably do the one return first and the two top wave makers. That will leave the bottom wave makers and the gyre in the tank. Then after that I can run the second return and lower wave makers. Then sadly gyre again, was trying to make less trips. The returns have not been done I think in over a year and maybe 7 months on wave makers and maybe 60 days on gyre. But it’s time to make them pretty again,’plus alk is hard on them.’

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand , More work, more time & with Your busy schedule ?It's best for your fishes & corals.
Also Thanks for the reminder . I need to get off my lazy booty & cleanup my wave makers . Like 5 on 2 tanks.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand , More work, more time & with Your busy schedule ?It's best for your fishes & corals.
Also Thanks for the reminder . I need to get off my lazy booty & cleanup my wave makers . Like 5 on 2 tanks.

Hello,

Honestly even though it’s pretty easy with vinegar, it’s about thee only thing I truly hate about my tank. Is that it
Takes forever all day to maintain the wave makers. It’s bad enough I have clean each coral off because of my goby. I get tired of moving mt Everest in sand from only place to the next. Speaking of which that’s another thing I have to do when I do the pumps. Since I have side shelves im kinda lazy on the side glass. But now that I started some it’s driving me nuts lol.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goes along with this saltwater endevour . If it's not one thing , it's something else ! Written in the contract , icon_contract.gif

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Honestly even though it’s pretty easy with vinegar, it’s about thee only thing I truly hate about my tank. Is that it
Takes forever all day to maintain the wave makers. It’s bad enough I have clean each coral off because of my goby. I get tired of moving mt Everest in sand from only place to the next. Speaking of which that’s another thing I have to do when I do the pumps. Since I have side shelves im kinda lazy on the side glass. But now that I started some it’s driving me nuts lol.

So Sarah why not buy an extra set of wave makers and rotate your stock between cleaning and running. Just pop the old out and put in the clean ones and soak and dry the others. You also have the peace of mind if one goes down or needs repair. Happy Easter.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Sarah why not buy an extra set of wave makers and rotate your stock between cleaning and running. Just pop the old out and put in the clean ones and soak and dry the others. You also have the peace of mind if one goes down or needs repair. Happy Easter.

Hello,

Lol because that would be to lazy and kinda expensive lol. Sorry for the long delay just been overwhelmed. Happy Easter to everyone again super sorry for the delay.
As I do an update any good way to get rid of a small section of hair alage. It’s starting to grow on some of my sps corals and I don’t know how to get it off with out hurting the corals.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Lol because that would be to lazy and kinda expensive lol. Sorry for the long delay just been overwhelmed. Happy Easter to everyone again super sorry for the delay.
As I do an update any good way to get rid of a small section of hair alage. It’s starting to grow on some of my sps corals and I don’t know how to get it off with out hurting the corals.

I clean my gyres weekly takes 10 minutes. When I was deep in my diatom stage I would wipe them while running in the tank to clean off the diatoms. For my MP40s I have an extra set of wet sides.

I have seen some vids on people using H2O2 bath for the algae on corals.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

You have tangs don’t you? They should eat it, or hermits.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen some vids on people using H2O2 bath for the algae on corals.
If it's on a frag plug, this works well. 1 part 3% H2O2 and 1 part tank water. Dip for 4 to 5 minutes.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's on a frag plug, this works well. 1 part 3% H2O2 and 1 part tank water. Dip for 4 to 5 minutes.

Lol I have so missed you @Brew12 (by the way how’s your son doing)? And if it was only that easy. Sadly it’s on all my huge sps colonies that have encrusted over everything. Thought about just clipping the ends where it’s at, besides it helps promote growth. But some not sure and can I use any hydrogen proxide or does it have to be special? So what’s the mixing ratio again? To make it easy let’s use 1 gallon of water, and assuming needs to be salt water correct.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Sarah I'm pretty sure the H202 ratio is 10 prts water 1 prt H2o2. Dip no longer then 1 minute . May require reveal dips & remove as much as possible by hand 1st.That's from Jasker.
I'm pretty sure Brandon the sandbed rinse guy, promotes H2o2 He would know as well.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Sarah I'm pretty sure the H202 ratio is 10 prts water 1 prt H2o2. Dip no longer then 1 minute . May require reveal dips & remove as much as possible by hand 1st.That's from Jasker.
I'm pretty sure Brandon the sandbed rinse guy, promotes H2o2 He would know as well.

Hey I have missed you also @cracker :) so when you say parts like parts per million or like 10 cups of salt water and 1 cup of H2O2. I have lol so sorry no idea who that is (but if you mean @jsker then I do. :)

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's from Jasker.

You talkn about me Willis

Hey I have missed you also @cracker :) so when you say parts like parts per million or like 10 cups of salt water and 1 cup of H2O2. I have lol so sorry no idea who that is (but if you mean @jsker then I do. :)
1 ml per 10 gallons, if dosing H2O2 before light on and after lights out.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see, I slipped an A in there. LOL And Ya, that's who I meant ! :rolleyes:
Ok so "Jsker" gives You the recipe for dosing the whole tank I assume. I spoke of a recipe for a coral dip. I'm going stick my neck out & quote For a dip 10 prts water to 1 prt H2o2. I hope that's what he told me ! I don't want to get on his bad side. I think I have seen a pic of him with the Rev. He's a big dude & I'm not messin him ! LOl

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You talkn about me Willis

1 ml per 10 gallons, if dosing H2O2 before light on and after lights out.

Hello,

So if my water volume is 200 gallons then 20 ml but that’s after all the lights are out? Do they need to be off for a certain time frame and or, will it react to any fish coral or chemicals since I dose nopox and trace elements alk and cal and mag?

Oops hit replay too soon. @jsker how have you been doing and thanks for the tip. @cracker lol size doesn’t matter if you make people smile and laugh :) you will always win:)

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 39 27.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 68 48.2%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 12.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back