Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Lol she loved it so much that she would rather buy a
Cheap cake and freeze this one I made lol. We were gonna cut the cake and she was oh no we are not doing that. She did take some pics of it so we went to have ice cream so not sure what we will do.

I have always enjoyed doing huge ginger bread houses,
Cakes etc. I’ve done a few wedding cakes just kinda depends on what they want. But errr sure hope the medical career works cause I still have student loans but would be much more relaxing.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I’m finally trying to catch back up and well sadly I haven’t made a ton of progress but it’s getting there. Living room is definitely next, since I have had parents or family want to come over and well I don’t really have anything in there except my couch boxes etc. kinda a necessary lol.

I think I will wait another month before the flatworm exit . I’m not super concerned I have a major breakout simply because the corals I dipped well I dipped again In salt water this time lol with coral rx and nothing came off unless they are use to that. But I have already set carbon media up in the baffle section of the tank right before it goes to the return pumps. Not sure if I would have to switch the carbon out in a month but wouldn’t hurt just to be safe and will do a water change probably a good 60-80 gallons. Just not sure how soon I should do the water change always thought it was after I saw the results and then try and get as many as them in the suction tube as possible as they die off. But if anything it’s made me way more cautions and making sure I dip my corals for now on. Do to the fact most come from my lfs I am certain that’s where they came from.

But at least now things are starting to stabalize and Corals have stopped dying and some are trying to come back which is a good thing. Probably even though technically my 240 is 2 years old right before thanksgiving because of this move I think it’s safe to say I may wait another 6-12 month before adding my clam back. Not thrilled about losing another one if it’s too soon.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I’m finally trying to catch back up and well sadly I haven’t made a ton of progress but it’s getting there. Living room is definitely next, since I have had parents or family want to come over and well I don’t really have anything in there except my couch boxes etc. kinda a necessary lol.

I think I will wait another month before the flatworm exit . I’m not super concerned I have a major breakout simply because the corals I dipped well I dipped again In salt water this time lol with coral rx and nothing came off unless they are use to that. But I have already set carbon media up in the baffle section of the tank right before it goes to the return pumps. Not sure if I would have to switch the carbon out in a month but wouldn’t hurt just to be safe and will do a water change probably a good 60-80 gallons. Just not sure how soon I should do the water change always thought it was after I saw the results and then try and get as many as them in the suction tube as possible as they die off. But if anything it’s made me way more cautions and making sure I dip my corals for now on. Do to the fact most come from my lfs I am certain that’s where they came from.

But at least now things are starting to stabalize and Corals have stopped dying and some are trying to come back which is a good thing. Probably even though technically my 240 is 2 years old right before thanksgiving because of this move I think it’s safe to say I may wait another 6-12 month before adding my clam back. Not thrilled about losing another one if it’s too soon.
You wrote this last week ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

Like reefing, patients, and time are your friend.:)

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You wrote this last week ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

Like reefing, patients, and time are your friend.:)

lol why yes I did lol so do I get that sparkly award for finally once in my life I have officially procrastinated something off :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello,

Dipping and type of dip are critical. Bought a bunch at RAP and here is what I collected:

1571712731246.png

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol why yes I did lol so do I get that sparkly award for finally once in my life I have officially procrastinated something off :)
award.gif

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Well after a long day of work I am finally home and took care of my tank. I have to say most corals now are coming back since I put two massive bags of carbon in the sump baffle. Not sure what toxins were in there but luckily I put the carbon in.

On a hunch I was having some green hair algae issues and well I have been dosing seed once a week. Not sure if the move kinda wiped the gha out (.yay ) or the seed but it’s something to consider since I run low nutrients.
Been going through alk and calcium and that is a good sign. Wasn’t good that I normally stay at 8 alk and was at 6. Calcium was 320 down from 440 in a 24 hour period.

I’m looking to either replace my large Naso tang or my lfs took in a very nice black shoulder tang. They said those are much harder to find. Still will probably get a Naso tang, but the black shoulder a tang is pretty neat. Not sure if he will collide with the Lt tang and purple tang. Right now dominant fish is probably the blue hippo and lt. Tang then purple. Clown fish picks on everything except those three. It avoids the Lt tang and usually the hippo. The purple only fights back if provoked by it.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Tried to edit my profile pic it kinda epically failed lol. It wouldn’t let me move and crop it. Oh well, they say the left side of the brain is the smart section :) so don’t need the right dumb side lol or that missing eye. See I have made myself errrrr simpler lol less things to go wrong. Oh and that op across the right side makes feel like a fairy pirate lol or that exists lol

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Great to hear. As mentioned, Carbon was very much needed. Sounds like you’re gaining control of your tank. I believe all tangs should mix. Do expect new neighbor UNWELCOME from tangs up front but should pan out

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to hear. As mentioned, Carbon was very much needed. Sounds like you’re gaining control of your tank. I believe all tangs should mix. Do expect new neighbor UNWELCOME from tangs up front but should pan out

Hello,

Lol thanks I so bad at social media it’s why I only have this one, well work doesn’t permit it either so yeah. But editing profile pics with half my face missing is terrible when my 6 year old niece can. What’s worse is now lol if one can believe this, my nephews who don’t have any social media said could prevent them from a high end job. Not because of bad things but because employers look to see how they mingle with friends and act in private life. I told them both that’s insane and I’d never do that. Yet just on the news sure enough an article was released (not sure how accurate but also said most employers say your social media accounts are aka your resume. Lol oh what an insane time we life in.

Been running carbon for almost a week and probably something I will continue. I have had to many silent issues where carbon could have saved things. You never know when something release toxins and things go mad. It is funny how two of the same corals can react so different in the same tank.

I am not worried about my tangs, I am worried about my dumb clown fish. If he is brave enough to bite me then sure he won’t mind biting another fish. At least they can chase him, where I can’t lol. He likes to eat and run or aka bite and run.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

@Hemmdog lol your so quiet now a days and people say I’m the shy one lol. How are things and how is your tank coming along. Yes I’m guilty, I’m trying to catch up on a lot more threads, just this last month I have been in the 9th rink of well. (Can’t say the true meaning but if one were to imagine the worst well I’m hoping you can assume lol.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should get LinkedIn. Anyone who is working should have LinkedIn.

Glad your coral is coming back

nice profile picture, I love when people actually use their real picture, so thank you for that. :)

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

@Hemmdog lol your so quiet now a days and people say I’m the shy one lol. How are things and how is your tank coming along. Yes I’m guilty, I’m trying to catch up on a lot more threads, just this last month I have been in the 9th rink of well. (Can’t say the true meaning but if one were to imagine the worst well I’m hoping you can assume lol.
Oh I know I’m sorry! I just started a new career in real Estate at the beginning of October so I’ve been super busy adapting to that and prospecting new clients. It’s a lot more work than I originally thought lol. It’s cool though. Found a guy looking for a house, today actually, at a Penn State alumni event I went to in San Francisco. So that’s good news!
Hows the doctor biz?

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Well congrats on your new career and I hope it’s a very joyous career for you. I’m way way way to shy to do that lol, yet people say well how did you manage being dr lol . Well staff do a lot aka nurses aides registers etc and different support staff like x-ray etc. so usually depending on what it is, I have much less interaction than others. Now though a major serious issue (sounds sooo bad (Im probably gonna get dragged behind a skate board for this down the interstate), but some of those the patients well are not awake or we induce into a coma for health reasons etc.Then after all of it and when we do rounds, I’m always with my aka Resident dr who knows I’m shy so talks most of the time.

But wow housing market in San Fran eeek I never could afford there even what I make now. Boise is maybe 1/3 of the cost but it’s rising fast also.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Ahhhhh good morning (well if it’s still morning for those such as me). Kinda nice to sleep in till your like oh where did my day go .

Today it’s been just over 60 days since the move so I will update with pics of the tank. As most suggested, running carbon has helped more a lot. I am not sure what was going on but it’s something that will stay in the tank sump. I thought about doing a separate canister filter but wow are they silly expensive. Plus not keen on cleaning them, since it was the one thing I really really hated on fresh water. They take forever to clean and go through if you have the large ones.

Now that my fish seem to be stable I may wait another 30 before adding another Naso tang or another Tang but not sure what? I’m liking the black shoulder tang, (lfs said most don’t have one), maybe both. Still want another maximus clam but may wait min 6 months or 12 to make sure tank has matured again. Last time it matured super fast and I had no issues but no harm in waiting.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Now that my fish seem to be stable I may wait another 30 before adding another Naso tang or another Tang but not sure what? I’m liking the black shoulder tang, (lfs said most don’t have one), maybe both. Still want another maximus clam but may wait min 6 months or 12 to make sure tank has matured again

This is the best suggestion I would have given. You are right on track with your thinking and assures your tank will recover well !!

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Tried to edit my profile pic it kinda epically failed lol. It wouldn’t let me move and crop it. Oh well, they say the left side of the brain is the smart section :) so don’t need the right dumb side lol or that missing eye. See I have made myself errrrr simpler lol less things to go wrong. Oh and that op across the right side makes feel like a fairy pirate lol or that exists lol
Try taking a selfie that shows your whole face and a little background above it. Remember that the orange OP poster banner will take up the upper left corner. It is difficult to work with a pic that chops your head off to begin with. Stop chopping off your own head! :p

gallows.gif

78342.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 51 73.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back