Urgh seriously.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello,

Sounds like a great place to put them and I’m off to a wedding. Ahh which is odd since I was invited and thankful lol I have only known the person for three weeks at work lol. But very happy for them, and it will be a first time meeting their soon to be spouse. So did had no idea what to get them so gave them new filter socks and carbon media lol. (Just kidding just gave them money).

36FD8F5C-619B-4D9C-9457-DCBDC46091C0.jpeg
WOW !!!!
Wedding on a Sunday evening?? That's different. have a great time as you deserve it after the move and all events !!!
AND. . STAY AWAY FROM BOYS !! THEYRE TROUBLE ( I just had to . . . Grin )

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW !!!!
Wedding on a Sunday evening?? That's different. have a great time as you deserve it after the move and all events !!!
AND. . STAY AWAY FROM BOYS !! THEYRE TROUBLE ( I just had to . . . Grin )

Hello,

Well they are at a major disadvantage lol, I can’t drink for two reasons one I’m allergic and two I’m driving. But it will be ahh kinda awarkward I don’t know any one there and I think like a few others from work are going but not certain. But I always welcome new friends :). Hope they like carbon media and filter socks lol

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So maybe I am dumb after all lol, but I can’t gey my stupid smart phone to import all my pictures from my phone to my laptop. It keeps saying I need
To update iTunes and my phone won’t sync like it normally does. Well in order to update I need normal internet or aka wifi, and it’s not available where I live well yet. So when I tried at work it estimated like 48 hours and it says I have to import close to 2,500 pics and a lot more music lol. Was trying to back my phone up because it’s gettinf kinda bad so I need to save my info. But good lord it can’t be that hard, I mean my old old iPhone 6ae and first iPhone syncs right up and pics auto import. But says I need 12.7 or aka the new iTunes version which is why I havnt updated my phone. I assumed I could back up and import at any time with a laptop. Plus my iCloud is full so I have to fix that and have no idea. I never wanted it in the first place so now I have no idea what pics or music was sent there. I have a feeling I’m gonna spend most of my day at the Apple store.
Since I didn’t have internet at my house I used the hot spot on my phone. I have 50gb and in about ten min if said I was maxed out and my hotspot speed went super slow. It tries to import then around 780 pics or says there is a pic error and just stops. It has only loaded 1/3 then says no new pics. Well what about the other 2/3 of them. Smart phone is just so design not around these phones/

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So maybe I am dumb after all lol, but I can’t gey my stupid smart phone to import all my pictures from my phone to my laptop. It keeps saying I need
To update iTunes and my phone won’t sync like it normally does. Well in order to update I need normal internet or aka wifi, and it’s not available where I live well yet. So when I tried at work it estimated like 48 hours and it says I have to import close to 2,500 pics and a lot more music lol. Was trying to back my phone up because it’s gettinf kinda bad so I need to save my info. But good lord it can’t be that hard, I mean my old old iPhone 6ae and first iPhone syncs right up and pics auto import. But says I need 12.7 or aka the new iTunes version which is why I havnt updated my phone. I assumed I could back up and import at any time with a laptop. Plus my iCloud is full so I have to fix that and have no idea. I never wanted it in the first place so now I have no idea what pics or music was sent there. I have a feeling I’m gonna spend most of my day at the Apple store.
Since I didn’t have internet at my house I used the hot spot on my phone. I have 50gb and in about ten min if said I was maxed out and my hotspot speed went super slow. It tries to import then around 780 pics or says there is a pic error and just stops. It has only loaded 1/3 then says no new pics. Well what about the other 2/3 of them. Smart phone is just so design not around these phones/
You are not dumb! There is nothing that comes easy with Apple products. They are sleek and functional, but whenever you need to do something like transfer or want to customize expect it to take a long time with a big learning curve. You are not alone in this.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hotspot not the fastest for utilizing download speeds. I would recommend mcDonalds or even a hotel which both have faster internet. On iPhone, you should be able to select those photos you want to send over or send month by month.
My phone just downloaded version 13.1 so an update may be in order
Apple website also has an FAQ TO assist with suggestions I believe.

Last edited:

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I move several hundred pics a day from my iPhone to my Windows tablet at work. My tablet doesn’t even have iTunes installed. Now consider that this is coming from a nearly 65-year-old guy who ain’t exactly tech-savvy (Reef Savvy all the way :) ) that just woke up at 4:30 in the morning.

If your goal is to just move the pictures (this won't work for music), you can do that without using iTunes at all. This is what I do... Plug your phone into your laptop USB port with your charging cable. You may see a screen on your phone asking if you trust the computer and select "trust." If your computer prompts you to import using iTunes, close those windows down.

Find your phone in Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) or "This PC", should be labeled "iPhone." Select your phone and it should open up a folder on your laptop labeled "Internal Storage." This folder may also open up on its own on your PC. Click on that folder and you should see another folder labeled "DCIM" (Digital Camera IMages). Click on that and you should see thumbnails of all the pics on your phone.

Select and copy whatever photos you want to save out of the phones Internal Storage and copy them to your clipboard. You can mark them all with keystroke "Cntrl A" or select individual images while holding down the Cntrl key, then create another folder on your computer, open that folder and paste all of the photos into it. Then just delete the photos off of your phone like you normally do.

Hope that helps and doesn't add further confusion. :)

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Oh wow what a super crazy insane week. You know your week is bad when, you forget what day and time it is. Between work, in service classes, and about 5,0000 other things going on. I havnt even finished unpacking or fixing things on my tank yet like ahh fixing the wiring mess, but it’s starting to stabilize out. Been going through rodi water like crazy sometimes almost 10 gallons a day. Trust me I’m checking for leaks and the tank is level and everything below the floor is level and hasn’t moved. (Probably a good sign right). But I hate crawling down there.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So today is my relax do nothing today and ahh I plan on doing just that lol except well fun things like sleep, watch looney tunes and update my tank :).

Well it’s been just shy of a month and here are some updated pics of how my tank is doing.

DBC85CC5-51D0-4425-AEE9-34E9CFC8D550.jpeg EC2F2F8F-3F38-40F9-AD91-815B30CC6C31.jpeg 65CBB20C-7942-4C88-BDC6-29568678EF19.jpeg EEAFCE53-C3CD-4BF7-934C-CC07DAE8F787.jpeg 27361037-BDB3-4913-9FAD-EBE6E85654E0.jpeg 28D5D034-984C-43DB-A6A6-D79D9278817A.jpeg 8FCC88F2-02DF-4DA9-B0CA-7A388CFA961C.jpeg 7E208411-C022-489B-BC35-DB2B2B30E227.jpeg

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Everything looks stable. The scroll did well- generally they suffer a transfer so that’s a good sign.
Enjoy a well deserved day of rest!!
LOONEY TUNES??

Tumey

Reefer With A Broken Brain ( TBI Survivor )
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So today is my relax do nothing today and ahh I plan on doing just that lol except well fun things like sleep, watch looney tunes and update my tank :).

Well it’s been just shy of a month and here are some updated pics of how my tank is doing.

DBC85CC5-51D0-4425-AEE9-34E9CFC8D550.jpeg EC2F2F8F-3F38-40F9-AD91-815B30CC6C31.jpeg 65CBB20C-7942-4C88-BDC6-29568678EF19.jpeg EEAFCE53-C3CD-4BF7-934C-CC07DAE8F787.jpeg 27361037-BDB3-4913-9FAD-EBE6E85654E0.jpeg 28D5D034-984C-43DB-A6A6-D79D9278817A.jpeg 8FCC88F2-02DF-4DA9-B0CA-7A388CFA961C.jpeg 7E208411-C022-489B-BC35-DB2B2B30E227.jpeg
Looks Good Sarah! Enjoy your day of rest! :)

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Well so to some odd things I kinda said I’m taking time off from work for a week. I mean I have almost 7 months in vacation time and well over a year in comp time. But hopefully with this time I can finally put my house together and focus more on my tank. Like changing the filter socks that have been two weeks past do lol.

Normally next month would be the 2 year anniversary of my tank but I think that starts over since I moved. With that in mind I’m curious if I should wait another year before getting another maximus clam. I also add one cap full of seed just to help the good bacteria. Now I have heard so many people say this is really good idea and just as many say forget it horribly bad. Kinda need a little help here.

Since I’m trying to slow down and enjoy life, which being on here is one of them I plan on posting more often on my tank. I need to fix the right corner still and I’m super done with my aggressive clown. Was going to through another smaller clown in there but some say that’s not ideal. Others say equal or larger, and if I could I’d catch him and start with two new tiny clowns so there is less aggressiveness in my tank by the clown. Yes the biting doesn’t hurt, but sure startles one when your not expecting it and holding rock or coral in your hand.
Which he won’t hit you once he will think your a fruit snack. Still feel bad when I flicked him in the mouth with my finger. I’m curious if there is a type of reef safe glove I can use so even if he bites me I won’t feel it.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Aquagloves are the ones i use and reef safe.
Yes I would start with two new clowns and on clam- wait as long as possible. One case of Dino or cyano, clam could be in trouble which could happen yet.
I still add a little bacteria every 2-3 days and tank is now running almost 4 months. I did get dino , so bacteria has been my insurance policy once I got rid if it
For socks, always have a spare set. So much easier to change them out and sock the others until you can get them in the wash. Glad to hear you’re getting a handle on time !!

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have fun this week:)

hello,

Lol not sure it’s gonna be per day fun but I really need some amazing ideas for all my cords and wires and power supplies. I thought about loading all of the big ones will Velcro and placing them on the back of the tank glass, then go up for smaller ones etc. but my large uv sterilizer should probably go there. So I have 2 feet behind my tank. Something has to work hmmm.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquagloves are the ones i use and reef safe.
Yes I would start with two new clowns and on clam- wait as long as possible. One case of Dino or cyano, clam could be in trouble which could happen yet.
I still add a little bacteria every 2-3 days and tank is now running almost 4 months. I did get dino , so bacteria has been my insurance policy once I got rid if it
For socks, always have a spare set. So much easier to change them out and sock the others until you can get them in the wash. Glad to hear you’re getting a handle on time !!

Hello,

Ahhh I have like five sets I just havnt had time to change them over. I will say most corals are coming back nicely and so far no new flat worms on the items I dipped. However I learned now I use saltwater from the tank and dose it with coral rx, they don’t like that either.

next question I have 60 gallons of salt water and needto do water change. Problem is (it’s pre made salt water and I don’t have room so it sits outside next to my garage. Questions,
1.) how long is that water good for it’s been there a good month?
2.) as long as it’s room temp is it good to use as well?
3.) lfs said they use pro salt with instant ocean and one does fritz), I can’t remember what they are now. Both said it wouldn’t matter but I thought that was the main issue or is a main issue. Any thoughts?.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello,

Ahhh I have like five sets I just havnt had time to change them over. I will say most corals are coming back nicely and so far no new flat worms on the items I dipped. However I learned now I use saltwater from the tank and dose it with coral rx, they don’t like that either.

next question I have 60 gallons of salt water and needto do water change. Problem is (it’s pre made salt water and I don’t have room so it sits outside next to my garage. Questions,
1.) how long is that water good for it’s been there a good month?
2.) as long as it’s room temp is it good to use as well?
3.) lfs said they use pro salt with instant ocean and one does fritz), I can’t remember what they are now. Both said it wouldn’t matter but I thought that was the main issue or is a main issue. Any thoughts?.
Fritz has been a less than reliable mix and I would avoid using it UNLESS It’s a Must.
The seawater sitting is fine But I would run a power head to mix/blend it well have a submersible heater within. Add a little bacteria and trace elements while its agitating in container.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fritz has been a less than reliable mix and I would avoid using it UNLESS It’s a Must.
The seawater sitting is fine But I would run a power head to mix/blend it well have a submersible heater within. Add a little bacteria and trace elements while its agitating in container.

Hello,

That’s what I’m afraid of, I don’t know if it’s fritz or pro instant ocean. May just have to throw it out which kinda of a drag when it’s like so much down the drain.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back