OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They didn’t have focus (lfs) but they did have vitality which I soaked the food in and then feed to them. I tested water parameters and I even had lfs double test me with Api and redsea. But I have no ammonia nitrates or nitrite, phosphates where undetectable, which csme be true and was done on both tests. I know this because I have still some small amounts of hair alage. All corals are fine and fish except the one. Cal was at 420
And alk at 7 but that’s normal for lower nutrients. I’m kinda at a loss because I have only run carbon n the tank for 2 weeks skimmer is nuts do to dosing prazipro so cup is off. I have feed seed weed around the clock for 24 hours, and increased feeding just for that one tang and to get the others even fatter, and dosed reefroids just to keep take up. Not sure how I’m this low and it’s the lowest I have ever been and 60 days since last water change. Definitely I’m in uncharted territory for my tank and all coral are doing actually really good now. But I can’t figure where my phosphates went and I’m pretty sure it was not the active carbon well I don’t think it was.

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are your creatures in any distress? I bet it is pretty nontoxic. The is no ammonia in urine, unless one of the kids has a rare metabolic disorder (I’m an MD.) I would expect a bump in your nutrient level. I would just do a 20% change and test for the next few days.

Isn’t it funny that people think that? Must be the smell.

I agree (Nurse Practitioner). Unless one of them has an uncontrolled disorder or disease I’d just dilute it with a water change. Maybe if one of them had a urinary tract infection certain bacteria could cause a problem but otherwise urine is sterile.

Sorry to say but boys will be boys

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Okay so I’m sorry kinda dropped the ball for updates. Well I removed the carbon from my tank and added seaweed, daily, and aka selcon and seaweed delight. My Lt tang definitely was eating and swimming but his looks just went still south. I also treated with prazipro where I removed my carbon and shut the uv off.

Well Sunday morning he was no where to be found :(. So I’m down two of main tangs which drives me crazy. Luckily still have my tommini tang, and purple tang and blue tang, and Bellus angel. The six fish I never worry about the 5 blue and green chromies and clown (who deserves to be served with chips).

I then today found a rare black shoulder tang and after more research by me realized it wasn’t but kinda let my hopes down. Will definitely replace the Naso but not sure with what else. Been thinking for certain Naso tang again, and either a powder brown/blue tang, mimic tang, or an Achilles tang (just one of those plus Naso).

for some reason I’m the history of my tank I keep reading no nitrates or phosphates, but I still see some small patches of green hair alage. So I have been dosing reef roids to build that up. But it’s terrible when one loses coral, worse when you lose fish.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello,

Okay so I’m sorry kinda dropped the ball for updates. Well I removed the carbon from my tank and added seaweed, daily, and aka selcon and seaweed delight. My Lt tang definitely was eating and swimming but his looks just went still south. I also treated with prazipro where I removed my carbon and shut the uv off.

Well Sunday morning he was no where to be found :(. So I’m down two of main tangs which drives me crazy. Luckily still have my tommini tang, and purple tang and blue tang, and Bellus angel. The six fish I never worry about the 5 blue and green chromies and clown (who deserves to be served with chips).

I then today found a rare black shoulder tang and after more research by me realized it wasn’t but kinda let my hopes down. Will definitely replace the Naso but not sure with what else. Been thinking for certain Naso tang again, and either a powder brown/blue tang, mimic tang, or an Achilles tang (just one of those plus Naso).

for some reason I’m the history of my tank I keep reading no nitrates or phosphates, but I still see some small patches of green hair alage. So I have been dosing reef roids to build that up. But it’s terrible when one loses coral, worse when you lose fish.
Sorry to hear of fish loss.
This is a tough time of year for fish shipments to your LFS. At minimum, ask to watch fish be fed and see how it interacts with others at LFS as well as its' breathing, body and fin health, etc. A Naso is a must have.
Continue fortified diet and water change schedule.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh hi,

So it’s been awhile and I have no idea how the house or tank are. I was in a severe accident Tuesday morning and still in icu. It’s not been a fun time as it’s taking me so long to type this. But I was told I was hit head on by another driver at 55 mph. I have broken both of my femur bones and had to have reconstruction surgery on both legs, and a lot more stuff. But it’s why I’m quiet because it’s super pain full (and I have an epidural still in). has I heal and recover I will be open to show more what happens when hit head on.

069C6094-D4EA-4962-9F11-B01EDFF0471A.jpeg

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh hi,

So it’s been awhile and I have no idea how the house or tank are. I was in a severe accident Tuesday morning and still in icu. It’s not been a fun time as it’s taking me so long to type this. But I was told I was hit head on by another driver at 55 mph. I have broken both of my femur bones and had to have reconstruction surgery on both legs, and a lot more stuff. But it’s why I’m quiet because it’s super pain full (and I have an epidural still in). has I heal and recover I will be open to show more what happens when hit head on.

OMG!! So sorry to hear about this!! Prayers for a speedy recovery!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh hi,

Holy carp!!!!!

I'm glad to see that you're still with us. I hope that your upcoming surgeries go smoothly and you recover quickly. Our thoughts and prayers are with you as you work through this incredibly difficult situation.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ahh hi,

Sarah . . . . NOOOooooooo. What the heck - thank goodness youre under care and Ok. and now you can assess the med staff....but seriously, being immobilized, this is going to be a Long recovery !!! I don't even know what to say. . . . looks painful just seeing pic and catheter
Will send PM later

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh hi,

I'm so sorry to hear this Sarah. What a terrible turn of events. Glad you survived. Positive thoughts and prayers headed your way! If there is anything else your online friends can do for you let us know!

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sarah I cannot imagine the pain you must be in. I cannot believe you even posted. Please heal well and know we are all just glad to have you still with us. You are strong and I know you can adapt to whatever life throws at you.

Back