Urgh seriously.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol oh thanks for that now I have to consider new dimensions lol.

@Fin lol I am definitely gonna try and cut back some I’m exhausted. But I do most of my posts st work when it’s slow or I have food breaks. But I will always keep my lovely funny thread going. It’s my duty to make people smile and just laugh a little and love life.
Good. I hope you have something fun planned for your time off. I got to work on my tank project two days in a row! Still have a ways to go though. I had to stop for the day, I was getting a little high from the PVC cement fumes. ;Wacky

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Was curious if someone could help me figure out which acros these are? One is super blue and purple and the other looks like a Cali tort but has a baby blue instead of dark blue, so confused.

I have three days off in a row, then work again for two weeks and have a month off hopefully. Tomorrow’s I get to figure out how I’m gonna put everything into the Bluetooth device oh yippie.

F4DBCAF7-DB8B-43A5-9608-2D0E1D9D18CB.jpeg

39D54322-F68E-4AE9-954A-E5415DC56818.jpeg

6E9A3A90-A771-4D4A-8D8F-299168A72060.jpeg

paphater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol oh thanks for that now I have to consider new dimensions lol.

The great thing about the length is that you can create entirely different aquascapes within the same tank. My dimensions are 96"x22"x22". I like my height but I wish I would have went longer and had more depth. I think at least another 8" deep. When I built the tank i had plans for it being a freshwater discus tank. After I built it the wife convinced me to go saltwater ;Shifty

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I definitely want to have my depth 36 inches and I’m not found of 34 tall. The main reason why, is I’m not found of taking a bath in my tank. So maybe I can do more length and less height :). I’m sure it’s possible after all it’s only a rectangle lol right. Actually if I do 96x32x32 that’s roughly 425 and will actually fit better yay.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning friends,

Does anyone have those days where you wish you couldn’t talk? Today, someone came up and asked me if I have ever had a hard drive. I responded and said yes, try driving to the store with three of your brothers kids, and traffic is bad, now that’s a hard drive. They rolled their eyes at me and said no you dork a hard drive like in a computer, and all I said was oh, umm I don’t know probably.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning friends,
Good morning!

Today, someone came up and asked me if I have ever had a hard drive.
I wouldn't know how to cook one. Would they soften up in a pressure cooker? Are you supposed to smoke them overnight? I try to avoid fried food...

Still doesn't sound very appetizing. o_O

They rolled their eyes at me and said no you dork a hard drive like in a computer
Oh... ;Wideyed :oops:

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Omg @Brew12 you crack me up, we could always try a micro wave as well. We could have another type of fancy lightning storm in the kitchen.

@Fin lol that’s only fair if it works both ways lol. Since I’m single I don’t have that problem lol, but have learned fast with my brothers kids. Especially when I say, hey we can maybe find a toy today oops. They but me every 2 minutes can we go can we go can we go lol. It’s sad when my five year old niece can work an iPhone better than I.

So I added my third light all are back on acclimation and all but two corals are just super happy. Since the addition of my third light, my large ultra acan colony won’t fluff up, and the same with my micromusa, they won’t fluff up. Now smaller acan colonies next to it are nice and fluffy. The brights went from 65 to 50% so pretty sure I’m not baking them since they are on the sand bed. I did test water and everything was great I had 10ppm for nitrates, ammonia 0 nitrites are like 2 along with phosphates. At night when I checked on them as usually they had all their feeders out. Any idea why they are retracting?

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paging Dr. Sarah. Paging Dr. Sarah. How did your day go today? I hope better than mine. I discovered that the saying should be measure 3 or 4 times before cutting (or in my case drilling). I had a slight miscalculation on my build several months ago that is just now coming to light. So as you would say, URGH! :)

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

@Fin hey shush don’t jinx me, lol I don’t want to get called in to work. It seems we always have miscalculatations when we do a build. Most be we are too excited to notice we are making a huge freaking mistake. The weekend has been good, super laid back and was kinda lazy. Worked on my tank some, cleaned house and all that stuff. I had my brothers children so they wanted me to play Pokémon go. Had no idea what it was and had to be shown. But wow how fast three days off goes is so crazy.

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you had a good weekend. I actually took an extra day and it did disappear too quickly here too.

I was enjoying working in my tank until I found my bonehead mistake. But, I think I have a good plan B to recover. I really have to get water in that darn thing. This journey started about three years ago. Took a while to get the tank and I was not as ready as I thought I would be to put it together. A few major surgeries for my wife and other life obstacles has kept it on the back burner forever.

I am finishing off my weekend off BBQing some burgers and sausage and opened up a bottle of rum. Enjoy the rest of your rest!:)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

@Fin lol wow I thought I was the only one that took a year or so to get their new tank going. Setting up a new saltwater tank is such an understatement now a days. Especially if you want it done correctly. I mean I spent a year planning mine and I didn’t even realize how crappy my sump was. Not to mention, I can’t even get my protein skimmer base out, I have to take it apart to clean it. The lower body has to stay in my sump on top, and then I use a wash cloth and a bucket of hot vinegar to clean it out. (Yes I keep it out of the water and ring the wash cloth out). But I didn’t realize it till 6 months later when it was time to clean it. As I went to pull it out, and it was stuck, I was thinking, well this was a super bright idea nice going there. Not to mention my power supply and cord management is a total disaster. Yet even redoing stuff for my Bluetooth device is just so Urgh a pain lol.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

@Fin lol wow I thought I was the only one that took a year or so to get their new tank going. Setting up a new saltwater tank is such an understatement now a days. Especially if you want it done correctly. I mean I spent a year planning mine and I didn’t even realize how crappy my sump was. Not to mention, I can’t even get my protein skimmer base out, I have to take it apart to clean it. The lower body has to stay in my sump on top, and then I use a wash cloth and a bucket of hot vinegar to clean it out. (Yes I keep it out of the water and ring the wash cloth out). But I didn’t realize it till 6 months later when it was time to clean it. As I went to pull it out, and it was stuck, I was thinking, well this was a super bright idea nice going there. Not to mention my power supply and cord management is a total disaster. Yet even redoing stuff for my Bluetooth device is just so Urgh a pain lol.

8 months for me and probably/hopefully two more weeks until the tank is wet. I had some delays, though, or it would have been 6-7 months considering. I would guess if one has had a saltwater aquarium before, one knows to take it very slow (not always). New folks rush in and quickly learn what to worry about for their next build.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have learned that most of my hobbies lol require tons of money annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd tons of time. When I was in high school and college I played percussion and drums, also violin, and of course the trombone lol. But I stuck with the drums and violin which I still play. Now violin is pretty simply to get out and play etc. Now my DW drum kit oh good heavens it takes forever. Now that I’m in my new house I was going to set it up again. But learning to sound proof that room is soooooo expensive for foam. It’s just foam lol and it’s almost 10,000 dollars. I normally would say oh well except my neighbors come knock on my door and tell me it’s too loud even when I turn on the blender to make smoothies. So could you imagine what they would do if I decided to lol hit the kick drum a few times lol.

paphater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took 3 months to build my acrylic tank. Then built the stand in a weekend and screwed up a measurement on the front support so I ended having to use a 20g long as a sump for my 200g. ;Facepalm

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have learned that most of my hobbies lol require tons of money annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd tons of time. When I was in high school and college I played percussion and drums, also violin, and of course the trombone lol. But I stuck with the drums and violin which I still play. Now violin is pretty simply to get out and play etc. Now my DW drum kit oh good heavens it takes forever. Now that I’m in my new house I was going to set it up again. But learning to sound proof that room is soooooo expensive for foam. It’s just foam lol and it’s almost 10,000 dollars. I normally would say oh well except my neighbors come knock on my door and tell me it’s too loud even when I turn on the blender to make smoothies. So could you imagine what they would do if I decided to lol hit the kick drum a few times lol.
So, you are a rock star too?????
Drummer2.gif

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol you guys crack me up lol and no soo not a rock star but I can play darn good. The only reason I started playing the drums lol is because when I went into band they wouldn’t let me play the violin in the flute section. Then when they did I was better then all the flutes were lol. So my teacher thought I should learn a second instrument. I tried the sax lol I don’t have large enough lungs, guitar was out I already knew a string instrument, they wanted me to play the tuba except in middle school I was like 50 pounds and could fit inside the tuba and it weighed more than me. Then this boy who use to bully me played the drums and well he wasn’t very good. So it sparked me to learn them just so I could show him up lol. He didn’t like that at all, and after the first year, well I could keep time much better and surpassed him for chair one. (Really made him mad, he quit after I was awarded the chair ), and I never stopped after that. I took private lessons and only played like marching band and band etc, but have played since I was 9 I think, and violin since I was five.

I see @paphater I’m not the only one who has screwed up our sump tank, where we wanted to beat our heads against a foam wall. Saying this was such a bad, bad, bad, horrible idea what was I thinking kinda like when Homer Simpson makes a mistake.

@cracker wow you like my thread so much you read all 20 pages again awwwwwww. lol sorry. The new corals have been doing amazing did you see some of the recent pics :). The ones they came from @addictreef are doing amazing and really coloring up and growing. They are super amazing,
And some are growing like little precious weeds. :)

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well not all 20 ! As for Your band experience, The fact that the difference between wind & string instrument means nothing to You shows your great Genius ! The Pea brains around you can't grasp the concept !

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, the list of must see videos that you need to make is starting to pile up. We now need some music videos! Take that iPhone out of the box and start playing with it so you can do some recording. :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back