Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey friends,

I have been exhausted and the pain is so unreal at this time. But at least I’m not drugged out of my mind, and can somewhat focus. Took me awhile to type this, but probably going to let the machine administer more medication and go back to sleep. I promise to catch up on responses once I can actually comprehend them.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey friends,

Well now that I’m not soo well drugged, I will show the end result of my surgery. (Yes it’s still yellow from iodine etc (I don’t have any skin disease but it’s normal after surgery). But if people want to know if it hurts (absolutely). Not only did I break the femur but knee cap as well. So I’m gonna try my best to walk again, but for the moment gonna use my pillow to cry into because it hurts really bad.

I think I have a good chance that Frankenstein May like me now.

CB790382-54B1-4764-83DD-3C3D2EDB0E47.jpeg E6412218-8198-44D7-A488-9B35153026C1.jpeg

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I did promise to respond to those I haven’t forgotten promise I’m ahh well my mind is preoccupied currently and it’s hard to come up with good responses (for those who wrote deserve more than just a thank you), so I’m trying to have more thoughts and words. But I promise to get back to everyone.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey friends,

Well now that I’m not soo well drugged, I will show the end result of my surgery. (Yes it’s still yellow from iodine etc (I don’t have any skin disease but it’s normal after surgery). But if people want to know if it hurts (absolutely). Not only did I break the femur but knee cap as well. So I’m gonna try my best to walk again, but for the moment gonna use my pillow to cry into because it hurts really bad.

CB790382-54B1-4764-83DD-3C3D2EDB0E47.jpeg E6412218-8198-44D7-A488-9B35153026C1.jpeg
Your incisions are incredibly well done! You won't have bad scarring. You will be just as beautiful as before!

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your incisions are incredibly well done! You won't have bad scarring. You will be just as beautiful as before!

Hey there,

Yes they did very well, and the scars should fade in time. It’s the reconstructed knee cap and muscles etc under neath that worries me deeply. Not having full movement isn’t ideal and specially if I try and work still which I don’t wanna give that up. I guess if meals on wheels made it maybe md on wheels will take off. Of course those floors are slick so yeah will have to work on that one.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The reconstruction and staples were well done, but then again, theyre messing with a doctor themselves.
I can imagine the pain but the healing is the most important reward.
Despite all, I see you've kept your humor which is very positive in such events. Each day will prove beneficial.
I know 3 weeks ago, we airlifted a Male with shattered Patella and Fibula and no matter what we gave him, he was still in agony as he was not supposed to remember anything from the flight. I can imagine your level of pain.
GLAD SURGERY WAS A SUCCESS !!

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reconstruction and staples were well done, but then again, theyre messing with a doctor themselves.
I can imagine the pain but the healing is the most important reward.
Despite all, I see you've kept your humor which is very positive in such events. Each day will prove beneficial.
I know 3 weeks ago, we airlifted a Male with shattered Patella and Fibula and no matter what we gave him, he was still in agony as he was not supposed to remember anything from the flight. I can imagine your level of pain.
GLAD SURGERY WAS A SUCCESS !!

Hello,

Lol thanks, I’m trying actually and as crazy as this may sound or maybe I was still drugged senseless lol, my younger brother (yeah that one), told me that bad thing and negative things only make one better. I was ahh are you serious, but he told me to read about the shaolin monks and I was quite impressed. They take things that are negative and use them as building blocks on how to be a better person it was quite interesting, not to mention what they do all day every day lol. That would so be rewarding but oh so painful.

At least doctors are now telling me i
Will move to the physical rehab floors aka know as iop or intensive physical rehab etc. it has a different name
Here than where I work and i Had to ask. But most say, sponge baths are well interesting. To some they don’t mind or care, to me it drives me nuts. Being shy has some great advantages and huge disadvantages sponge baths are one of them. Even as a medical professional it’s not like I don’t know the human body male and female just like nurses here. But just undressing in front of a total stranger (female of course), is just weird. Most have figured me out and do there best but I still try and cover by wrapping a towel around me (they are huge on me since I’m kid size, but at least while they are Next to me it’s not obvious. Next week I get to try on my own,

H3rm1tCr@b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey friends,

aw man that sucks, I had to get surgery on my foot a few weeks ago; and I thought my wounds were gnarly.:eek: Hope you feel better soon! :D

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So who's taking care of your tank while your at the hospital?

Hey friends,

Good question I’m not certain, just know my dad went back to the lfs I normally go to and set or made arrangements to take care of it. Not sure who etc my parents won’t talk to me about it etc, they want me to only focus on healing. But the anxiety is starting to take it’s toll on me because my tank means the world to me.
My parents want me to donate it before I’m released to whatever I pick. I havnt made my mind up yet but with a broken left arm and wrist, as well as both femur bones and left knee cap don’t think I can manage on my own. If I sadly have to then the whole system will go to not shock the corals and fish. I have people or businesses in mind but it’s not one I’m taking lightly.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey friends,

Good question I’m not certain, just know my dad went back to the lfs I normally go to and set or made arrangements to take care of it. Not sure who etc my parents won’t talk to me about it etc, they want me to only focus on healing. But the anxiety is starting to take it’s toll on me because my tank means the world to me.
My parents want me to donate it before I’m released to whatever I pick. I havnt made my mind up yet but with a broken left arm and wrist, as well as both femur bones and left knee cap don’t think I can manage on my own. If I sadly have to then the whole system will go to not shock the corals and fish. I have people or businesses in mind but it’s not one I’m taking lightly.
Made the tank part of you Zen recovery ;) focus on the tank and not you pain.

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

It’s odd when one is hospitalized what things they miss like milk and normal food. But do to the fact that I can’t move and these rooms are sooo bland. That’s well problem number one but problem number 2 is out of 120 stations that I can watch there are only 2 that make any sense to watch, Cartoon Network, and at times discovery channel. But for the remaining 118 channels 95% are shopping channels lol. Like I’m going to go on a shopping spree from my hospital bed. I’m curious if I can press the call button and ask the nurse or aid if they will wheel me across town in my bed to pick up some new shoes or some odd thing? I’m guessing but heavily relying on the notion of no way! Not to mention the have qvc same channel in 7 different languages and one is Spanish, another is French, pretty sure Chinese or Japanese or both and let’s through in Korean. The others I have no idea wonder if the nurses know?
Now granted I have been sleeping more than normal, (it’s because they are medicating me senseless). But what does one exactly do when we are here for 24/7 possibly longer? As funny as it may be my older brother was suggesting he get me a huge Lego set (like over 4,000 pieces), and see if I can put it together with one hand. Even as a professional it would be kinda funny if a patient pressed their call button to find a brick or two and stick them together. I must admit there are not too many things one can do while being stuck literally in bed and only having one hand and five fingers. I complained I kept seeing 7 fingers on my hand and they said they would adjust the dosage, (ya think lol).
But sadly no new updates and they gave me the option of either being put to sleep or watching as they put screws into it. Nope I know how it is done, please use a horse tranquilizer and make sure I’m really out. If not granted I won’t feel it but it makes me cringe.
Today not sure why I can focus more but that’s about the only thing so far, (well nothing has gone to worse so that’s good. I finally found my room number lol it finally wasn’t blocked by medical files.

So sorry that this happened to you Sarah. My jaw dropped when I read your updates. My only advice is from when I had my appendix out in 3rd grade (my only hospital stay thankfully): I had my family rent me a bunch of Godzilla movies on VHS tape (did they have those when you were younger? lol). Maybe you can catch up on some old shows that you never watched (before your time). Good luck Sarah

Drew Hitt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Sarah, so sorry to hear about the accident , as others have said I hope you make a speedy and healthy recovery. I don’t post here often but I felt compelled to say something when I read through what you’ve been through the last few days, amazing strength for sure. I live in the treasure valley as well and am not a fan of that hospital either (seems like if I understood you correctly you weren’t fond of St. Luke’s Meridian) . Just curious what LFS do you typically deal with?

Curtis Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope for a speedy recovery and hope all is well. Don’t kno you but i remember this thread from awhile back couldn’t believe they peed in your sump. Still makes me giggle yet angry...anyway I hope u get well quite the story here on this thread. They should stickie this thing. Another thing if you had to donate this tank....maybe talk BRS or someone big on the scene into taking on the “tank with a story.” That way your hard work is enjoyed and you know your livestock is going to be well cared for. Just an idea if it was me it would be an impossible decision. You’ll pull through seems like you gotta lot of community pulling for you around here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.0%
Back