Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

@NY_Caveman I agree with you on this and I do have that feature, but used it once lol. I’m not into stressing my tank out at all, but would be curious to see how nature actually handles it. It would be interesting to see, if real lightening even penetrates the water. But my main idea was not so much that but it’s not always sunny in Cairns. They have cloudy days mixed days sunny days etc. it would be kinda neat to have lights that since they are all WiFi now anyway, link to what the actual weather pattern is.

Do to that, but I know tide and currents change, flows change etc. I know we can change wave makers etc, but I’m sure there are things we don’t know. Of course what we have now seems to work. But maybe our tanks would be even better if we could copy what Mother Nature does.

@cromag27 lol welcome to my thread of many topics and me being off topic sometimes lol. I said a bad word lol really ahh news too me and oops. I had no idea I had something sensorsed but will definitely proof read more. Definitely welcome you to my thread where we all try and just have fun:). I do love spaceballs yes I do lol, but I have now seen Star Wars, not all but the main three, rogue one, and phantom menace. I do like them but spaceballs is still better lol.
Ahh yes my wonderful nephews peeing in my sump. Gosh I can’t wait for them to be older. I’m soo going to embarrass them at dinners :), w love of course.

@norfolkgarden we all fit in here we are like the breakfast club the brat pack :)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But my main idea was not so much that but it’s not always sunny in Cairns. They have cloudy days mixed days sunny days etc. it would be kinda neat to have lights that since they are all WiFi now anyway, link to what the actual weather pattern is.
That would be pretty cool. Lights are getting close, but haven't seen one that will do that yet. The closest thing I have seen are lunar light patterns that will follow the actual moonlight cycles for a given latitude.

I know your lights have a "cloudy" function and thunderstorm function. Mine take that one step further by randomizing it and making it more automatic. My tank has clouds that cross my tank from left to right at random intervals, some days heavier than others. It also experiences 1 to 5 thunderstorms randomly through the week. I do think it would be amazing to pick a spot in the ocean to replicate and know if it was sunny, cloudy or raining there just be looking at the lights.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, you will fit right in.
[emoji6]

everything played out in my mind like a dramedy. brother bringing a lady of the night home..... in her bed! getting that dude fired. spaceballs. getting a chicken slaughtered. almost burning the house down. spaceballs. screwing up cereal. deployed an airbag. spaceballs. doesn’t know who vanilla ice is. leaving milk sitting out. throwing money down the drain (literally). spaceballs. and she peed in her tank (go with me here).

wow....... i love it. :p:D;Chicken

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

@NY_Caveman I agree with you on this and I do have that feature, but used it once lol. I’m not into stressing my tank out at all, but would be curious to see how nature actually handles it. It would be interesting to see, if real lightening even penetrates the water. But my main idea was not so much that but it’s not always sunny in Cairns. They have cloudy days mixed days sunny days etc. it would be kinda neat to have lights that since they are all WiFi now anyway, link to what the actual weather pattern is.

Do to that, but I know tide and currents change, flows change etc. I know we can change wave makers etc, but I’m sure there are things we don’t know. Of course what we have now seems to work. But maybe our tanks would be even better if we could copy what Mother Nature does.

@cromag27 lol welcome to my thread of many topics and me being off topic sometimes lol. I said a bad word lol really ahh news too me and oops. I had no idea I had something sensorsed but will definitely proof read more. Definitely welcome you to my thread where we all try and just have fun:). I do love spaceballs yes I do lol, but I have now seen Star Wars, not all but the main three, rogue one, and phantom menace. I do like them but spaceballs is still better lol.
Ahh yes my wonderful nephews peeing in my sump. Gosh I can’t wait for them to be older. I’m soo going to embarrass them at dinners :), w love of course.

@norfolkgarden we all fit in here we are like the breakfast club the brat pack :)
Love that movie. [emoji6]

All time favorite.

"No sir, my mary jane is in Brians underwear."

Oops

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Yes I do try to make a fun, informative thread for all classifications of reefers lol. @cromag27 wait I never ever lol did that in my sump or tank. The worst thing I do is drown myself trying to clean it because it’s 34 inches tall, and as everyone has stated my arms are small than a baby t-rex . Those guilty of using my sump as a toilet were my nephews lol not me. The others your pretty close on except that person lost his job on his own, I had nothing to do with the fact he was similar to Stephen kings clown the It. But you also forgot I flooded my Jeep twice, and lol was hit by two airbags not one, I had to go for two. You also missed the time with the fish food in my milk, and sticking the fish food in the over instead of the frozen pizza. Wait why am I reminding people of all this?

@norfolkgarden they said they in the movie, really wow I have to watch that now lol I don’t remeber it at all.

@Brew12 yes my lights donhave that feature and the Bluetooth device does make it even more real. Yet, I try and not do the lightening storm because I’d rather not go blind or scare the fish. But, I am excited to try the storm feature on those lights now lol. The currents actually make thunder sounds right before the light flashes which is neat. Now if we can actually get some rain, and that wonderful rain smell going in the house that would be just grand. I don’t have the random clouds like you do etc, but do have clouds or sunshine and clouds and it changes colors often. With two of them I will start one then wait and start the second. When I did three I’d do two on sunshine and clouds or clouds and one in the middle on lightening, that was super neat. The sunrise etc left to right is a neat feature, does it mimic the sun going down also?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Yes I do try to make a fun, informative thread for all classifications of reefers lol. @cromag27 wait I never ever lol did that in my sump or tank. The worst thing I do is drown myself trying to clean it because it’s 34 inches tall, and as everyone has stated my arms are small than a baby t-rex . Those guilty of using my sump as a toilet were my nephews lol not me. The others your pretty close on except that person lost his job on his own, I had nothing to do with the fact he was similar to Stephen kings clown the It. But you also forgot I flooded my Jeep twice, and lol was hit by two airbags not one, I had to go for two. You also missed the time with the fish food in my milk, and sticking the fish food in the over instead of the frozen pizza. Wait why am I reminding people of all this?

@norfolkgarden they said they in the movie, really wow I have to watch that now lol I don’t remeber it at all.

@Brew12 yes my lights donhave that feature and the Bluetooth device does make it even more real. Yet, I try and not do the lightening storm because I’d rather not go blind or scare the fish. But, I am excited to try the storm feature on those lights now lol. The currents actually make thunder sounds right before the light flashes which is neat. Now if we can actually get some rain, and that wonderful rain smell going in the house that would be just grand. I don’t have the random clouds like you do etc, but do have clouds or sunshine and clouds and it changes colors often. With two of them I will start one then wait and start the second. When I did three I’d do two on sunshine and clouds or clouds and one in the middle on lightening, that was super neat. The sunrise etc left to right is a neat feature, does it mimic the sun going down also?
It does, but it isn't overly noticeable on my system because my ramp time is so slow. The clouds pass quickly which makes it easier to see.

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Aquarium Clouds as well. This happens when i scrape Algae , I think i am going to have to get Arm Extensions to do this now . @Sarah24! Twisted my arm behind my back and forced me to buy a SUPER Tall tank....

@Sarah24! should come scrape algae on the bottom..

HI @Sarah24! Have you met @Sarah24! She is nice and algae scrappy Queen

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

oh no i didn’t forget all that. just way too much to type. lol.

fyi you will now be known as the girl who peed and puked in her tank and it flourished after that.

Last edited:

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A1CBE112-2FF9-49B5-AD91-6A928F005100.jpeg

@Sarah24!

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hello,

Okay after day of looking what is that a pic of lol? It looks like the state puff marshmallow man about to implode lol? I’m curious as to if your getting my nephews mixed up with me who urinated in the sump, I can assure you it wasn’t me on either occasion :).

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Okay after day of looking what is that a pic of lol? It looks like the state puff marshmallow man about to implode lol? I’m curious as to if your getting my nephews mixed up with me who urinated in the sump, I can assure you it wasn’t me on either occasion :).
But you know you have been tempted. Long day at work... tired... too much coffee.... so inviting!!! :p

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

it is a gigantic roll of bubble wrap. for you!

no, i don’t have you mixed up. i just like to make up my own reality. lol. ;)

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Wow that roll weighs more than I do even after I have dunked myself in my own tank while cleaning it. @Brew12 ahhh lol could you imagine me on coffee! I’d be like the character hammey in the movie over the hedge when he drinks the energy drink. I’m sure you could think of some amazing events that would happen with that lol. Being tired has just become a norm for me. At least I didn’t have to do a 12 on my day off yesterday. But I do have my normal 24 hour shift tonight.

Which means today I have been doing house chores and tank chores but oh I so don’t want to. Where is @Fin at when you need moral support to do chores lol.

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Wow that roll weighs more than I do even after I have dunked myself in my own tank while cleaning it. @Brew12 ahhh lol could you imagine me on coffee! I’d be like the character hammey in the movie over the hedge when he drinks the energy drink. I’m sure you could think of some amazing events that would happen with that lol. Being tired has just become a norm for me. At least I didn’t have to do a 12 on my day off yesterday. But I do have my normal 24 hour shift tonight.

Which means today I have been doing house chores and tank chores but oh I so don’t want to. Where is @Fin at when you need moral support to do chores lol.

“normal 24 hour shift”. lol.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 100 43.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 77 33.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 37 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back