Urgh seriously.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL. I think you mean less "fortunate". Fornicate is entirely diferent.
LOL! I saw that early this morning, but since I have already had a couple of posts deleted by the mods in this thread, I left it alone. :) I spit my coffee out when my eyes ran across that a couple of times. Auto correct is not always your friend. Ha!

Last edited:

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL! I saw that early this morning, but since I have already had a couple of posts deleted by the mods in this thread, I left it alone. :) I spit my coffee out when my eyes ran across that a couple of times. Auto correct is not always your friend. Ha!
Is it Wet YET... My Sump is....

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. Glad you got yours wet. Mine will still be a while.

NO Leaks so far. This is the tank that lost bottom seam 3 weeks ago. I posted some pics of the Controller testing.

@Sarah24! What are you cooking us for dinner , I am hungry worked hard today .

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Sorry guys and gals I must have spelled fortunate wrong and it auto corrected and I didn’t catch it in time. I’m so embarrassed and yes I know what it means lol. Tonight I made steak and snow crab for dinner. I had my parents over before I had to work. They spent three weeks in Germany so it was nice to see them back, amazing pics.

@Fin lol sorry about your coffee I didn’t mean to promise. Your tank still isn’t wet lol, I think you need some ladies to go set your tank up lol.

@Erica-Renee lol isn’t your whole tank wet, now I’m lost.

@cshplumber lol yes I know what it means. I didn’t see that it autocorrected on me when I misspelt fortunate. This is why I hate smart phones in general.

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Sorry guys and gals I must have spelled fortunate wrong and it auto corrected and I didn’t catch it in time. I’m so embarrassed and yes I know what it means lol. Tonight I made steak and snow crab for dinner. I had my parents over before I had to work. They spent three weeks in Germany so it was nice to see them back, amazing pics.

@Fin lol sorry about your coffee I didn’t mean to promise. Your tank still isn’t wet lol, I think you need some ladies to go set your tank up lol.

@cshplumber lol yes I know what it means. I didn’t see that it autocorrected on me when I misspelt fortunate. This is why I hate smart phones in general.

My Tank is Wet full of live bits and Running as it was before the Leak.. The new sump is wet and Running by itself while i run thru testing of the Aquarium Controller reef-pi ... Sheesh woman Keep and read the text NOT Just the pitchers

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this morning ...Well . The Return pump was not running and its controller had a ERROR.. (I THINK It just needs cleaned) The PUMP I have connected to the return pump outlet on the controller was not running. I opened and Closed the Circuit in the float and it ran (issue with Float switch or software but yet to be determined) This is why i am running it like this . Will put ato pump in a Tank for more testing But its circuit is working if i push the float manually ..all temp sensors are turning heaters on and off correctly. and the Algae scrubber light is running its schedule perfectly.

My next step is to continue some Framing wed prob (tomorrow i have a JOB to do where i need to buy lumber, will add some extra ) Thursday I should be ready to install the permanent Wiring for the Controller Controlled Outlets . Build the new Algae scrubber box as the old one is built into the old settling tank . This one will be stand alone and prob wall mounted.

We have decided to redo the whole wall where the tank is and trim it out . to include both tanks. Also considering upgrading the Planted tank a bit as well . It now looks like a FISH Bowl next to the 220 ..

*****Fun stuff***** .. Busy people are Happier because they have NO Time to Complain

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL. I think you mean less "fortunate". Fornicate is entirely diferent.
Less of that... fewer kids... fewer tickets to buy and easier to support! :p

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Less of that... fewer kids... fewer tickets to buy and easier to support! :p

Lol fair point but your silly I don’t have any children yet:) just fish but lots of nephews and a niece :). But the fact I had to take all the kiddos because they need to support their brother and my other brothers three kiddos made it rough on me lol. My Jeep holds five people so I had its the first time it’s been totally full and had to have one of them take the bus back because I had no room.

So here is an interesting fact, which is yes I have lost my mind do to lack of sleep. But with that said, I have noticed that my corals seem to grow better and so better on an 8 hour light schedule instead of a 12. Maybe my 12 hour is too strong I mean the whites etc are only at 33% which my lights sit on top of the tank. Yet as much as I know about this I have no idea why they do.

Another fact to chew on is, my wave makers haven’t moved and I get a little cyano in the left front side. They are cleaned often usually every 90 days or sooner. But today on food break the bloody pumps on that side now decide to turn the sand bed every direction it where I want it. Now it buries the corals and have to drown myself just to uncover them.

The pumps still are on wave mode yet no idea about the sudden change of water flow.

@Erica-Renee you crack me up, you probably have a tool box like my older brother who is a tech when he is not deployed. He has things that make me go ahhhh what’s this for and that for and my answer is always oh good to know.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol fair point but your silly I don’t have any children yet:) just fish but lots of nephews and a niece :). But the fact I had to take all the kiddos because they need to support their brother and my other brothers three kiddos made it rough on me lol. My Jeep holds five people so I had its the first time it’s been totally full and had to have one of them take the bus back because I had no room.

So here is an interesting fact, which is yes I have lost my mind do to lack of sleep. But with that said, I have noticed that my corals seem to grow better and so better on an 8 hour light schedule instead of a 12. Maybe my 12 hour is too strong I mean the whites etc are only at 33% which my lights sit on top of the tank. Yet as much as I know about this I have no idea why they do.

Another fact to chew on is, my wave makers haven’t moved and I get a little cyano in the left front side. They are cleaned often usually every 90 days or sooner. But today on food break the bloody pumps on that side now decide to turn the sand bed every direction it where I want it. Now it buries the corals and have to drown myself just to uncover them.

The pumps still are on wave mode yet no idea about the sudden change of water flow.

@Erica-Renee you crack me up, you probably have a tool box like my older brother who is a tech when he is not deployed. He has things that make me go ahhhh what’s this for and that for and my answer is always oh good to know.
I run a peak lighting period of 4 to 5 hours. The other 12 hours are ramp up and ramp down period.

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

He only has one tool box.. Sheesh .. I have a Framing Job box (BIG Tools ) Electrical tool boxes,Plumbing tool boxes ( one of each for tools one of each for supplies) Tool box for mostly trim work stuff. I have containers for painting stuff and one for drywall tools.. I HAVE 7 Ladders various sets of Scaffolding . Toll box for hand tile tools . Concrete mixer and concrete tools . Tile saw and and and and ...

The thing is i DO NOT Specialize in on certain thing. Thou Commercial interiors such as metal framing Acoustical ceilings , Doors and Speciality installs such as Acoustical wall panels and Clouds Is what most of my Formal Training consisted of . I have Steel Framing Structural engineer from detric steel and US METALS.. Accoustical Training from USG . A Osha Partner ship Certifficate (thou expired now as i have not done the going education ) Lead Safety Trainer Certification . Asbestos and Other hazard materials Identification and Procedure Training (This is not removal Certified ,Just allows me to run the removal process .OSHA Calls this RESPONSIBLE PERSON ) This all started with Class work for Project management what i actually went to school for..

SO NOPE NOT ONE TOOL BOX. I am old and Worn out But I know a FEW Things.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So after coming home from work lol 90% of my corals were buried under sand, and like totally buried lol. Come to find one of my current hubs fell off my wall and it unplugged the loop cable. Which then set the pump to 100% on jet stream ops. Good thing is no coral looks harmed or mad at me.
It did however, really make my sand bed sparkle lol.

It was kind of a night mare for me, as I stand on this stool and lean over and reach to China to get to the bottom of it. Through out uncovering 12 corals on the sand bed I dunked my head on accident twice, because the stool fell out from under neath me. (Whjch was kinda painful also on my ribs). I accidentally dipped my nose three times lol, and I put my hair up, to keep it out of the water. Only to have it come undone and fall in the water. I went through four towels and I knocked for corals off rocks and had to reglue them. M

As I finally had everything beautiful again (except me as I looked like a sheep dog sent through a car wash, I had to do it again. That’s when I realized the wavemaker has its own throught process. The second time went better but still ended up soaked. Not to mention my silly tang kept nipping at my little fingers. They are not chicken tenders my friends I kinda need them, and why bite the hand that feeds you?

As of the moment, the 8 hour light photo period seems to be making my corals happier. I will definitely stay with that or possibly go back to the 12 but drop the whites another 10% which will make it more blue, but corals need soft white lights as well. I have and haven’t studied enough on running blue lights only. But have been told that corals don’t grow as much and the polyps don’t really extend. Which I like the normal cycle period anyway.

It would be nice if there was a way to set lights to the weather patterns, like in cairns Australia. It would also be nice to know what kind of wave pattern they have, or if it was possible to have wavemakers change like the weather does, or when the tide changes.

In terms of my 425, I’m still going to go through with it etc. but may wait just till after my first year of residency is competing. I simply don’t have enough time to even set it up, and not alone keep it going. But I’m still finding the stuff for it and will still have it delivered when it’s done lol if they ever compete it. It’s kinda been to my advantage so I can’t really complain. I have spent way too much to just back out of it. My parents want me to do just the 425, but as nice as that sounds, I just am not up to destroying my 240. Id prefer to leave it alone still, but that’s just me.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So after coming home from work lol 90% of my corals were buried under sand, and like totally buried lol. Come to find one of my current hubs fell off my wall and it unplugged the loop cable. Which then set the pump to 100% on jet stream ops. Good thing is no coral looks harmed or mad at me.
It did however, really make my sand bed sparkle lol.

It was kind of a night mare for me, as I stand on this stool and lean over and reach to China to get to the bottom of it. Through out uncovering 12 corals on the sand bed I dunked my head on accident twice, because the stool fell out from under neath me. (Whjch was kinda painful also on my ribs). I accidentally dipped my nose three times lol, and I put my hair up, to keep it out of the water. Only to have it come undone and fall in the water. I went through four towels and I knocked for corals off rocks and had to reglue them. M

As I finally had everything beautiful again (except me as I looked like a sheep dog sent through a car wash, I had to do it again. That’s when I realized the wavemaker has its own throught process. The second time went better but still ended up soaked. Not to mention my silly tang kept nipping at my little fingers. They are not chicken tenders my friends I kinda need them, and why bite the hand that feeds you?

As of the moment, the 8 hour light photo period seems to be making my corals happier. I will definitely stay with that or possibly go back to the 12 but drop the whites another 10% which will make it more blue, but corals need soft white lights as well. I have and haven’t studied enough on running blue lights only. But have been told that corals don’t grow as much and the polyps don’t really extend. Which I like the normal cycle period anyway.

It would be nice if there was a way to set lights to the weather patterns, like in cairns Australia. It would also be nice to know what kind of wave pattern they have, or if it was possible to have wavemakers change like the weather does, or when the tide changes.

In terms of my 425, I’m still going to go through with it etc. but may wait just till after my first year of residency is competing. I simply don’t have enough time to even set it up, and not alone keep it going. But I’m still finding the stuff for it and will still have it delivered when it’s done lol if they ever compete it. It’s kinda been to my advantage so I can’t really complain. I have spent way too much to just back out of it. My parents want me to do just the 425, but as nice as that sounds, I just am not up to destroying my 240. Id prefer to leave it alone still, but that’s just me.

Concerning wave motion, lights and weather, I feel that our reefs offer our corals the prospect of ideal conditions. I never understood why one would want to simulate the ocean in this regard when it is one place we can improve on it. Lightning storm simulation from your Current system for example may be possible and look cool, but why stress everyone out?

The only case to be made for me would be if said stress would lead to a desired effect such as promoting a species spawning event.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say the tidal effect simulation you mentioned may have some merit. I know a couple of people have also suggested putting LEDs on a track system to simulate sunrise and sunset. Still seems like overkill to me, especially at the expense involved.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello,

I had to Google it :)

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
three and a half hours later and....... I DID IT!!!!!

so while the rest of you were sleeping, i finished this thread. lol. i had to take a few pee breaks but i tried not to go in my tank.

the most fascinating part of this whole thread is that you absolutely love spaceballs (one of my faves ever) but you have never seen star wars?

oh, and you did type a naughty word back there but it got censored. :p

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
three and a half hours later and....... I DID IT!!!!!

so while the rest of you were sleeping, i finished this thread. lol. i had to take a few pee breaks but i tried not to go in my tank.

the most fascinating part of this whole thread is that you absolutely love spaceballs (one of my faves ever) but you have never seen star wars?

oh, and you did type a naughty word back there but it got censored. :p
Welcome, you will fit right in.
[emoji6]

Back