OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Erica-Renee I have the 3k also and it’s amazing. I don’t suggest you read the instructions lol they are pretty vague. It’s easy to set up, but trying to figure out the modes was not easy with its instructions. It was easier to watch the you tube video lol. But packaged very well, and it was easy to set up. The safety screens that came with mine were way way way too small. So I left mine off, and when you go to adjust it, make sure you hold the center then adjust it. The gyre ends will come off. Love to see pics of them in your tank :).

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Erica-Renee I have the 3k also and it’s amazing. I don’t suggest you read the instructions lol they are pretty vague. It’s easy to set up, but trying to figure out the modes was not easy with its instructions. It was easier to watch the you tube video lol. But packaged very well, and it was easy to set up. The safety screens that came with mine were way way way too small. So I left mine off, and when you go to adjust it, make sure you hold the center then adjust it. The gyre ends will come off. Love to see pics of them in your tank :).

Thanks I should have them mid week and get them set up by the Weekend. New Circulation pumps has been on my To Do List for a while...

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

What’s nice is they are pretty much a set it and forget type style pump. The controller box looks intimidating at first but you get the hang of it. I’m sure there are more things to figure out with it, but lol I only need it for flow on the back glass. It does have lots and lots of options for flow though and even more options on the one you choose. I wish I could have gotten two more to beta test, I would have sent them to you. :)

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

What’s nice is they are pretty much a set it and forget type style pump. The controller box looks intimidating at first but you get the hang of it. I’m sure there are more things to figure out with it, but lol I only need it for flow on the back glass. It does have lots and lots of options for flow though and even more options on the one you choose. I wish I could have gotten two more to beta test, I would have sent them to you. :)

Yea i watched coral view videos and some on the MAXSPEC Versions .. I actually bought two of the crossflow pumps from Jaboe but had issues with them Right away So sent them back. This was prob 2 years ago.. I have been waiting for Next generation models and these appear to be Reliable.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did i bore ya'lls with my last post and put you'uns to Sleep. Is abouts times to Milk them thar amminamalls . Wakee yalls

LOL, why did you kill the thread?

Honestly, I always just assume poor @Sarah24! is on some ridiculous 48 hour shift or something. Although, I am a little concerned since she was taking unpaid leave.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Nope lol @Erica-Renee for some reason I don’t get notifications on my thread any more :(. But have you received your new abs yet? Your going to love them and they move a lot of water. It’s amazing on how much flow they can give you, (you have a 240 also correct?)

I sadly haven’t felt much better, or for that sake done much. I have done some basic maintenance on my tank but nothing lol super exciting lol. But I managed to do laundry lol, oh and dishes and made dinner twice :).

On the good side lol I get my Jeep back tomorrow so I’m thrilled and well not so thrilled lol. But I plan on making the the person who worked on it, start it and turn the wheel ahhh first. It will be nice to have it back, this obnoxious little rental car is well obnoxious to mildly put it.

But hopefully I can get back to work next week and on my normal routine. I miss work and yet enjoy being able to just relax lol. For the first time I was kinda lazy but it was for a decent reason lol. I have found that by doing daily walks in the crisp morning help, and doing just some basic stretching seems to help more everyday but ouhhhh super painful.

But with out do delay yes I will be back on my thread daily, more than once super soon lol.

Sincerely
Sarah

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Nope lol @Erica-Renee for some reason I don’t get notifications on my thread any more :(. But have you received your new abs yet? Your going to love them and they move a lot of water. It’s amazing on how much flow they can give you, (you have a 240 also correct?)

I sadly haven’t felt much better, or for that sake done much. I have done some basic maintenance on my tank but nothing lol super exciting lol. But I managed to do laundry lol, oh and dishes and made dinner twice :).

On the good side lol I get my Jeep back tomorrow so I’m thrilled and well not so thrilled lol. But I plan on making the the person who worked on it, start it and turn the wheel ahhh first. It will be nice to have it back, this obnoxious little rental car is well obnoxious to mildly put it.

But hopefully I can get back to work next week and on my normal routine. I miss work and yet enjoy being able to just relax lol. For the first time I was kinda lazy but it was for a decent reason lol. I have found that by doing daily walks in the crisp morning help, and doing just some basic stretching seems to help more everyday but ouhhhh super painful.

But with out do delay yes I will be back on my thread daily, more than once super soon lol.

Sincerely
Sarah

They will be Delivered tomorrow along with but coming from a Different Place a New Dress and a Unmentionable item of the fun type. Glad your Finally getting your Creap.. ooops Jeap . Jeep. yeah that is it Back. Today at work i will be completing Electrical on this Work Project then Should be able to cover Monday ( Have to pull off the job for another Thursday-Friday) Hope to have tile done by end of next week then complete paint and build out custom closets and wall shelving Unit (MY FAVORITE WORK) Hopefully with no Air Bag Issues...

Taking off work because of a injury is NOT LAZY. But take advantage of it when you can , I know i surely do. I do not work long hours But When i work Its not easy work...

Good Luck with the Cheep.... ooops Jeep......

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sarah24!

Got my Gyre 3K pumps.. Moving them about it appears to me Random mode or pulse mode is best ... Still deciding.. I have one pump mounted at top of the water pushing across the length of the tank. The second pump I have mounted on opposite end of the tank toward the back wall. Its cages are turned so the bottom of the two cages push water across the front of the tank the top cage pushes water across the back of the tank. This caused a HUGE Storm but not blowing the sand around.. All corals seem to be gently swaying in the New Developed currents. I am running the horizontal pump at 40 % and the vertical one at 20 .... Will up them a Bit over a few days and Find the Just right spot.
They do make a bit of noise but nothing like the old power heads...

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Yay I am glad @Erica-Renee that you like them. I’m running my single one at 100%. With the noise I found that if they are a little loose then they will make noise the end pieces. But mine is super quiet, and can’t even hear that’s on. I will have to figure out what or how to do random mode. I was initially going for that mode but maybe it’s just me the instructions were sorta vague. They will move some water though and I have thought of either another one or two smaller current eflux down in the corners. The problem though is I’m running out of light sockets. I can only have so many on one tank lol, before I am deemed a severe fire hazard :). (Let’s avoid that).

I did get my Jeep back and yes lol I was kinda cautious and made the shop guy sit in my Jeep and turn it on and move the steering wheel. Not only that I had him honk the horn also just to make sure. But knowing my luck (that preventive thought probably broke it again), and will blow up on me again. (Let’s hope not).

Been working on my 240 just kinda cleaning it and I have come to an odd occurance. Most of my super picky sensitive corals do great even my acros. Yet corals that are from my lfs or even more so acans now, I can’t for the life of me keep alive. All the acans have come from my lfs, and I’m horrible they all die. Yet my micromusa does great not sure how I’m pulling that one off. All my difficult corals do great, and for some reason I kill the simple ones. I have no idea what I’m doing but sure would like to know. I also had another coral just go mia, I bright fuzzy green one, and with it being lime bright green I should be able to find that. Ahhh nope it’s gone somewhere down into the deep dark cave of wonders.

I also still have this tiny cynao problem only on the left front of my tank. Plus one of my wave makers sits directly above it , and lfs say add more flow. I’m close to 18,000 now and if the cyano is directly below that, one should wonder. But I have tested my water and nitrates are like 5 ppm the phosphates are between the first and second color bars normal alk of 8 and cal is 440 and sal is 1.025. I guess I can start adding fuel again and maybe I don’t have enough nutrients. I cut feeding to every other day but that’s just making my fish mad at me, and I have always fed once a day.

Kinda one of those moments where one scratches their head and goes I have no idea why your behavior is so blah. What’s strange is all my sps now are back where they use to be, but now I have a small issue with cynao, and acans appear to really hate me. Then the lovely wisdom of one at my lfs shop said and this is why I don’t do mixed reefs. Except he was the one who talked me into it, twice. See if I listen to him anymore lol.

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Yay I am glad @Erica-Renee that you like them. I’m running my single one at 100%. With the noise I found that if they are a little loose then they will make noise the end pieces. But mine is super quiet, and can’t even hear that’s on. I will have to figure out what or how to do random mode. I was initially going for that mode but maybe it’s just me the instructions were sorta vague. They will move some water though and I have thought of either another one or two smaller current eflux down in the corners. The problem though is I’m running out of light sockets. I can only have so many on one tank lol, before I am deemed a severe fire hazard :). (Let’s avoid that).

I did get my Jeep back and yes lol I was kinda cautious and made the shop guy sit in my Jeep and turn it on and move the steering wheel. Not only that I had him honk the horn also just to make sure. But knowing my luck (that preventive thought probably broke it again), and will blow up on me again. (Let’s hope not).

Been working on my 240 just kinda cleaning it and I have come to an odd occurance. Most of my super picky sensitive corals do great even my acros. Yet corals that are from my lfs or even more so acans now, I can’t for the life of me keep alive. All the acans have come from my lfs, and I’m horrible they all die. Yet my micromusa does great not sure how I’m pulling that one off. All my difficult corals do great, and for some reason I kill the simple ones. I have no idea what I’m doing but sure would like to know. I also had another coral just go mia, I bright fuzzy green one, and with it being lime bright green I should be able to find that. Ahhh nope it’s gone somewhere down into the deep dark cave of wonders.

I also still have this tiny cynao problem only on the left front of my tank. Plus one of my wave makers sits directly above it , and lfs say add more flow. I’m close to 18,000 now and if the cyano is directly below that, one should wonder. But I have tested my water and nitrates are like 5 ppm the phosphates are between the first and second color bars normal alk of 8 and cal is 440 and sal is 1.025. I guess I can start adding fuel again and maybe I don’t have enough nutrients. I cut feeding to every other day but that’s just making my fish mad at me, and I have always fed once a day.

Kinda one of those moments where one scratches their head and goes I have no idea why your behavior is so blah. What’s strange is all my sps now are back where they use to be, but now I have a small issue with cynao, and acans appear to really hate me. Then the lovely wisdom of one at my lfs shop said and this is why I don’t do mixed reefs. Except he was the one who talked me into it, twice. See if I listen to him anymore lol.

I am still playing with the settings. Rigth now I have it on Altenating Gyre mode and Adjusting timing , Watching what happens and Adjusting again..

Random mode..

With the Controller on .
1. Push the Setting button once (the bottom triangle button )
2. scroll the wheel one click at a time until the Arrows BIG ARROW small arrow Big arrow is Highlighted.
3. Click the button in the middle of the Dial.. ( The pump speed should now be highlighted )
4. Scroll the dial to the desired pump speed
5.Click the middle button ( It will move down and Highlight the WAVE TIME This is in seconds)
6. Turn the dial to adjust the wave pulse time or width .
7. Hit the setup button again (Bottom triangle shape button )

The above is how you scroll thru all the menus Once you get this down its simple to adjust.. I so with it were touch screen thou. That would make it even easier.

Ohh My wife also bought me a Very cute Black with White lace Very Low Cut short Dress.. I think she might want a Night out and About and this is a Hint..

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

@Erica-Renee I am gonna flow those instructions and see if it works. A touch screen on these would be much simpler than the button and knob set up. As to thee other items lol there is probably a hint she want you to wear it, and go in a date. There are ahh two hints there my friend, or you could say the gyres come first. But as a suggestion I probably wouldn’t go that route:).

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

@Erica-Renee I am gonna flow those instructions and see if it works. A touch screen on these would be much simpler than the button and knob set up. As to thee other items lol there is probably a hint she want you to wear it, and go in a date. There are ahh two hints there my friend, or you could say the gyres come first. But as a suggestion I probably wouldn’t go that route:).

Let me know how it goes.. Should i offer to take her to a VERY GOOD Mexican place then take her to taco bell????

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the Site is having some notification issues. I can go and get none then all at once get flooded with them. Or we are hiding the good stuffs from you ..
It wouldn't be the first time I have been left out on fun stuff. :)

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not know you were that interested in a Cute black dress. but hey ... OHHH You mean the Gyre I think they are my new Fav Wave pumps
Nah, I am just an old jeans and MP-40 guy. Set in my ways. :)

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol @Fin naw we wouldn’t leave you out, we are kinda like the three stooges. But I am stuck watching the movie weird science, not sure what to make of it yet lol.

@Erica-Renee lol you may have some competition on who can cat walk that dress better you or @Fin :) is there away we can get two? :)

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back