OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I'm making myself a bookmark as I'm leaving off at page 28, this thread is gold. I'm definitely part of "Uri-nation". I just got through the skimmer extraction incident, this thread just keeps delivering.

Hello,

Thank you for the super kind compliment:) I do try to at least making it enjoyable to read and well at times ahhh off topic. I’d feel so bad if I bored anyone to death lol. That’s just wrong on so many levels :), just wait till my 425 build lol.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Thank you for the super kind compliment:) I do try to at least making it enjoyable to read and well at times ahhh off topic. I’d feel so bad if I bored anyone to death lol. That’s just wrong on so many levels :), just wait till my 425 build lol.
How are you feeling today?

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning friends,

I am feeling better but definitely still sore and had lots of radiation (aka X-rays). My Dr. thinks that I have two bruised ribs and possibly hairline fractures. Which would explain every time I move a certain way, or roll over in bed or lift my arms certain height I get that pin needle pain feeling. Lower jaw is fine but bruised, and my arm is bruised so luckily that’s all and she said my arm is burned but to the extent of a sunburn.

She did prescribe me some pain meds for my chest injury, which I’m kinda greatful and not lol. I am required to take these as needed yes but not allowed at all at work. So they have given me some kinda cool options to an extent. One is I have tons of sick leave, they said I could take two weeks and then see how I am. (Rather not waste it but as I know more severe unseen injuries can come from airbags (aka cardiovascular and can take longer to show up). I have had a mild reaction to the dust that’s in the airbag so my breathing is limited plus hurts my chest when it moves or a breath deeply. So experience the new pro air, and wow do those make one restless. I knew it could but I guess since I have never used one as compared to some who have used them mild to daily.

They also offered that I could still work in the er, but not with patients. I would just help other staff with non patient stuff lol aka chart updates registration etc until I’m better. Or better yet I could some upcoming medical classes (yay more classes lol). In light of said options I have almost 200 hours of sick leave, using 80 wouldn’t be all that bad. I can also take unpaid time off which so far I kinda like the most. I mean let’s be honest I was yelled at lol for forgetting to deposit my paychecks. I have more than enough saved to survive a 6 month or more likely a year. But it’s really annoying everytime one breaths or rolls over etc it wakes you up. Luckily it will subside my arm and jaw is already better and not as bad. My ribs and sternum I thought maybe a month or two, my doctor thinks more likely 6 months to heal. I can say one thing I don’t have to take a full dosage of the medicine I’m like maybe half of that. Which makes me totally understand why to not be at work lol. (Which I know but that’s whats so funny about medicine every person has a totally different response to proven meds).

I have noticed that moving my ro water jugs is fairly lol very painful. So I basically lol have four five gallon buckets and a small drinking glass to top my water off. It takes so bloddy long to top my tank off with a normal size drinking glass. My tank on some days can lose up to five gallons a day lol. That’s a lot of water to move with a normal sized drinking glass, which by the way yes still hurts. I use my right arm, which isn’t too bad but I’m a dominant lefty but can do most with my right just feels weird that I have to.

So In short I haven’t done a whole lot since that day, yes I feel lazy. But I normally curl into a tiny little ball to sleep, and that actually hurts now. So finding that perfect spot that’s comfty and doesn’t feel as if one is ramming an ice pick between my ribs has been a challenge. I have used ice packs and heat packs both have they love hate relation but they help. Sadly so far the couch which also declines seems to be the best as I can sleep kinda umm reclined but sitting upward weird position. That part at least get some sleep until I fall over on the couch. So I put pillows and blankets on the side of me lol. But of all normally my tank is really quiet or the fact I sleep upstairs I don’t notice. But wow the overflow noise through the pipes is crazy loud or I have become hearing sensitive. I also didn’t realize how bright my wave maker leds are ( covered them up pretty quick with a nice Disney book. See books do have more than one purpose other than learning from.

No new update on my Jeep, but driving some little Ford Focus is really really different. It’s nice I don’t need a ladder to get in it, but terrified to drive that it has three more airbags around the driver than my Jeep does. I may walk to work, I couldn’t imagine having three go off at once.

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if the Steering wheel , are areas around it get dirty the Air Back could go off without warning.... I might be in deep trouble because my Work Van is Not Exactly Dust free . It has a Very Rough life Two Weeks ago they Loaded 300 fence pickets into its butt with a Fork Lift and 15 12 FT 4X4 POST On Top and another 400 pickets onto the Trailer it it forced to pull behind it... OOOPS

I would get that Jeep Replaced with another brand if it were me...

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sincerely hope you sue this dealership. It is absolutely ridiculous that they tried to lay any fault on you at all. You bring your car in for service and the first ignition cycle deploys the air bag and injures you, before you even leave the dealership. There is not a (honest) judge in the world that would find you at fault for this.

If you do sue them, I am wondering if it might be prefferable to actually incur lost wages (since you are able to go without pay for a while) and not use your sick days. Ask the lawyer. No sense wasting your earned time off for their negligence.

I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking the same thing Fin. A monetary loss could be reimbursed but not the accrued sick leave. There has to be a local news reporter that covers stories about for public protection about local scams or poor customer service practices.
I thought of the investigative reporter angle too. The problem is you are dealing with a local car dealership that most likely divides up advertising dollars to most local media. No one likes to bite the hand that feeds them. Grrrr

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello friends,

I have chosen to lol just take unpaid time off through this mess or till I don’t need meds anymore. In looking at numbers I have more than enough sick and vacation time but since it’s their fault, why waste it. However it is nice to have some time off again, and at least I had a lol doctors note to excuse me from work.

With that being said and that it hurts to pretty much do anything I have kinda made plans for my new tank. I was really considering having an electrician come in and build or install a large row of outlets hooked to a separate fuse. Have someone or them build where I can run cords through and then plug them into the wall. It would have like 30-40 outlets and each section of ten would have its own I guess mini fuse. Then all four would link into one large huge fuse in the electrical box in my garage or I guess fuse box. I’d also leave enough space (more than my 240) to get behind it and change things if needed. I’m also very very strongly considering having the sump in my garage. It’s alrwady climate controlled so I won’t have to worry about temp spikes. I would also look into plumbing my 240 into it as well and just have one large massive sump.

The pro side of this is less water noise more space etc, and I get rid of my crappy sump and or well suck all the water out of it. The bad side is, if one goes bad aka water parameters etc or disease they all go bad. Having separate systems would be ideal and my 240 runs great now. (Well except some days I hear all the water flowing through the flows and pipes etc.

This should be a fun project and fun to experiment with as well.

Hope all are having a good day

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello friends,

I have chosen to lol just take unpaid time off through this mess or till I don’t need meds anymore. In looking at numbers I have more than enough sick and vacation time but since it’s their fault, why waste it. However it is nice to have some time off again, and at least I had a lol doctors note to excuse me from work.

With that being said and that it hurts to pretty much do anything I have kinda made plans for my new tank. I was really considering having an electrician come in and build or install a large row of outlets hooked to a separate fuse. Have someone or them build where I can run cords through and then plug them into the wall. It would have like 30-40 outlets and each section of ten would have its own I guess mini fuse. Then all four would link into one large huge fuse in the electrical box in my garage or I guess fuse box. I’d also leave enough space (more than my 240) to get behind it and change things if needed. I’m also very very strongly considering having the sump in my garage. It’s alrwady climate controlled so I won’t have to worry about temp spikes. I would also look into plumbing my 240 into it as well and just have one large massive sump.

The pro side of this is less water noise more space etc, and I get rid of my crappy sump and or well suck all the water out of it. The bad side is, if one goes bad aka water parameters etc or disease they all go bad. Having separate systems would be ideal and my 240 runs great now. (Well except some days I hear all the water flowing through the flows and pipes etc.

This should be a fun project and fun to experiment with as well.

Hope all are having a good day
Those are 2 massive wonderful systems.

I would want to keep them separated.

Can you just move the 240 sump into the garage?
You are talking about 240 plumbing running to the garage anyway?

Can't imagine both systems crashing at the same time.
[emoji32]

Of course I can manage that just by moving a net from an infected system to a clean system.
[emoji53]

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I’m definitely figuring out that the 425 will be big expensive and kinda well a chore lol. It’s painfully sad that even with my two returns at 3100 my four wave makers at 2100 and 3000 gyre I technically still don’t have enough flow for sps in theory. I have enough to blow sand out of the darn tank but not enough to move water flow for a simple animal (picky little devils).

When it comes to my 240 there is no way I can get the sump out of changed unless I tear the tank down and lol I want to avoid that. I’m probably won’t plumb them together, it would be a more stable system. Yet, again one mess up and there goes two tanks down the drain. Plus I don’t know how I’d go from one side of my living room to the next. But I have thought about setting the 425 kinda making an L shape and making it look as one. It would be neat to have a third smaller tank that was rounded on the view side (looks like a piece of pie kinda or like a piece from trivia pursuit), then in that tank put sea horses or make it for an octopus. It wouldn’t be super hard to do and would be neat and the middle piece would have to be sealed.

Now that my 240 is up and can’t move I can only set the 425 next to the display glass. Sliding it in 2 feet would be a night mare to get to and clean plus it cuts down the 96 look of the tank. I could always put end pieces on the 425 end. Then make like a rounded mirror and stick it in that corner hmm have to chew on it.

The plan atm is to leave my 240 alone lol. It’s finaly almost back to where it was and I don’t wanna mess with it. My parents think I should just build a new house and have the tanks built into them and have it link into a separate room. Awesome bloody idea lol but I hate moving, not just s little bit, but I bleedin hate moving. Plus moving a 240 tank would be a chore in of itself. I don’t have a lot of stuff but enough to make even a movie company say “ahhh man really, this is what to do today?” Not sure if I could put one through that lol.

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spending a lot of time thinking out the build is a good thing. Just don’t do like me. I am more than three years into thinking about mine. :) The time waiting for a custom tank to arrive is a great time for thinking and planning. I don’t think I would build a new house for a 425. A 1,000 gallons? Maybe. :) You will do fine, no matter which way you go with it.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning,

I promise I won’t take three years of move :). However I did learn how to drive a stick shift lol. It’s pretty fun and I didn’t even stall it once. All though I had to put the seat all the way forward, and then still couldn’t reach the pedals so I had to sit on the edge of the seat and put pillows behind me. It was the first time driving a truck, I didn’t realize how loud those things are. My dad said driving a standard stick shift car is even easier hmmmm maybe lol.

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning,

I promise I won’t take three years of move :). However I did learn how to drive a stick shift lol. It’s pretty fun and I didn’t even stall it once. All though I had to put the seat all the way forward, and then still couldn’t reach the pedals so I had to sit on the edge of the seat and put pillows behind me. It was the first time driving a truck, I didn’t realize how loud those things are. My dad said driving a standard stick shift car is even easier hmmmm maybe lol.
Congratulations!

Suprising how many people never had to worry about learning how to drive a stick.
[emoji50]

And double congratulations on never stalling it!

Bronc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning,

I’m impressed! We recently taught our 16 yr old son to drive a stick and there were days that he’d kill it 400 times in a row. It was beyond frustrating! He’s finally got the hang of it and loves it now.

A83374A2-BA47-4BC0-BDBE-DDC49A0F47C4.jpeg

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Lol @Bronc wow I can see why he stalled it 400 times, as mine was I think easier to learn on. My dad taught me on his Dodge Ram diesel 3500 I think that’s what it is. It’s insanely large and noise, and have no idea why he choose that monster. Driving a truck that I can park my Jeep in the back of wasn’t what I had in mind lol. Not only is it large but also has the double tires in the back. I learned pretty fast that starting in low, was not a good idea most of the time. I found starting in second was much easier, yet my dad says if it’s a smaller truck and definitely a car it would always have to be in first. But congrats lol, did he have to slide the seat all the way forward also, and place pillows behind him?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations!

Suprising how many people never had to worry about learning how to drive a stick.
[emoji50]

And double congratulations on never stalling it!
I learned how to drive a stick. Then drove that car into Chicago. Never again. One trip spending 2 hours in stop and go traffic was enough. The only way I would get a manual transmission is if it were for a second car and I lived well outside of a city.

Bronc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But congrats lol, did he have to slide the seat all the way forward also, and place pillows behind him?

Nope, he’s almost 6 ft tall. His problem was that he was sliding the seat too far forward and bending his legs TOO much.

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sarah24!

I just ordered two icecap k3 with Digital Controller Like the K1 That you have.. How is the pump working and so on.... Please tell me i did not go wrong... The two of them cost 330 from Aquacave was looking at the maxspec and Jaboe ones decided to split the middle on price and Hope for the best...

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I learned how to drive a stick. Then drove that car into Chicago. Never again. One trip spending 2 hours in stop and go traffic was enough. The only way I would get a manual transmission is if it were for a second car and I lived well outside of a city.
I took my Driving test in a OLD Chevy truck 3 speed on Column with NO Power Steering. Weeee ..

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back