Urgh seriously.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know it doesn't seem like it right now, but it DID need replaced. I've seen the airbag casualty photos. You are a cutie pie, hate to lose ya over something like that. Besides, it's your turn to get donuts! :)

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it doesn't seem like it right now, but it DID need replaced. I've seen the airbag casualty photos. You are a cutie pie, hate to lose ya over something like that. Besides, it's your turn to get donuts! :)

I totally agree with you I just wasn’t expecting it to go off after being replaced is all. Luckily my arm took the blunt of it and since I was cold lol I had a Jacket on. But I totally feel some bruising coming on.

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally agree with you I just wasn’t expecting it to go off after being replaced is all. Luckily my arm took the blunt of it and since I was cold lol I had a Jacket on. But I totally feel some bruising coming on.
Very glad it wasn't worse and your dad gave them what for!
That could have been life threatening in different circumstances.
I'm sure you were embarrassed but please don't be!!!
That service manager needs a good clubbing, not just by a lawyer.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Well my dad showed up because I didn’t have a vehicle to drive and basically my dad and the manager both became enraged at each other. I know nothing about cars but I would think everything was clean and replaced because it calls for a whole new device and cleaning. But it was really embarrassing that my dad became that upset and engaged into a screaming match In front of me and like 30 other people. I wanted to find a cave and crawl in it and hide but my dad is super mad and has a meeting with the dealership director tomorrow. He said depending how that goes will depend if we get an attorney. But still frustrates me that if it had happened while I was driving I could have hurt someone badly not alone myself. Almost wish I had just thrown the piece of paper away. I was having no problems until they worked on it.
I'd say if your dad doesn't get better results tomorrow a lawyer is in order. Then I would cover their toilets in Saran wrap! :rolleyes::p

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am with your dad on this. Heck, it makes me mad as he__ and I have never even met you. You brought it in for an airbag recall - they did something to it - it deployed while you were still at the dealership. They are lying to you big time. It is definitely their fault. How are you supposed to clean dust out from behind an air bag module? It’s a freakin’ Jeep!

I hope you are ok. I look at wrecked cars for a living for a major insurance company. Small folks, like yourself, who have to pull their seats up close to the wheel to reach the pedals are a lot closer to the bag when it deploys at about 200 mph. I hope you don’t end up with a black eye, or two. That is usually what I see when people catch an air bag directly to the face.

I am not one to suggest a lawyer, but this is one of those cases that the dealership needs to be held accountable. They are dead wrong and to make it worse, they are handing you this line of bull! I hate that you had this happen to you. Grrrrrrrrr.

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say if your dad doesn't get better results tomorrow a lawyer is in order. Then I would cover their toilets in Saran wrap! :rolleyes::p
I say Saran Wrap around their face and head would be more appropriate. :)

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Well they moved my seat way back so I had my left arm on the steering wheel. Which I then noticed it was all the way up, and when it is my line of sight. So the seat was further and I was sitting on the edge w my left hand on the adjuster and moved it down. I then started my Jeep with my right hand which I then went to use the seat level below the seat. So as I pulled myself forward I moved the steering wheel and that’s when it deployed. So my arm had a direct full contact which also hit me, then the rest of the bag made contact with most of my face and upper chest. It was actually pretty loud and scared the heck out of me. Then the dealership guy first thing he says is what did you do for that to go off. I’m thinking how do I know, all I did was turn the steering wheel and slide forward. But it has a really gross smell to it, (that coat is getting thrown away now).

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You didn’t do squat. Their tech screwed up and did something wrong. I bet they didn’t even run an air bag diagnostic before they gave the vehicle back to you. I bet your father is infuriated.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact the district manager and if he doesn't straighten out this dealership, go right back to the corporation. This just isn't right and someone needs to have an adjustment done to there way of managing this dealership.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then the dealership guy first thing he says is what did you do for that to go off.
I would have explained that it must have been Jeeps adaptive/predictive driving software. It had predicted you were going to rear end someone while getting groceries at that exact time. You threw off the software model when you made the trip to get the warranty work. ;)

Think the service guy would buy it?

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fin my dad is bloody mad, as well as my mum. My dad is mad that one they say it’s my fault and they will fix the clock spring again, but they want to charge me for a new air bag steering wheel etc plus 135 an hour for labor. They said the air bad is alone is 1300. So that’s when my dad became very upset with them. Then as I tell them I still have full bumper to bumper warranty on it, that I pay for say it won’t cover it because I allows dust to get into the clock spring. Not sure how to prevent that anyway it’s obsurd.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then as I tell them I still have full bumper to bumper warranty on it, that I pay for say it won’t cover it because I allows dust to get into the clock spring. Not sure how to prevent that anyway it’s obsurd.
That is absurd. If dust on it is a problem, it is a design flaw on their part and should be recalled to be corrected. If they are saying you should have cleaned it, they should have cleaning it listed in the maintenance recommendations. I have my dealership do all my auto maintenance while a vehicle is under warranty so they still own it if they forget something. Fortunately, my Chevy dealer is fantastic.

In my opinion Jeeps quality was deteriorating before they got bought out by Fiat. It's gotten even worse since then. I wouldn't own one anymore with all the management issues they have.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience with a crappy dealership, dealing with the parent company is the best plan. They do not want some shady jerks ruining their global brand. A quick call netted us immediate results. “Saved” us $2,000 on our vehicle. Saved is in quotes because the dealer essentially tried to rob us. Funny thing is they still do not think they did anything wrong, it is just the way they always do business. We use CarMax now, but, we still have to rely on dealers for recalls and having keys made. Scares me every time to walk in there because I know they want to find a way to screw me.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back