OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Sarah, it’s been a while since I chimed in, glad to see things are getting back on track. How are you since the accident?

Hello,

Hey it’s good to hear from you again. Things are kinda getting back but better than what they were. I’m walking normal, but the screws still hurt really bad, specially when it’s cold. I’m working on getting my tank back, which has proved to be harder than I thought.
I went back to England for about 6 Weeks and it was super nice, miss it again. I’m still doing my residency but had to start that year over so kinda of a bummer, but the bright side is, I still get to be in it. I work a slower section still, and I only do one shift in trauma.
I’m making it a goal to just drive again this summer. (I didn’t get in trouble or anything etc), but just is still terrifying. Which seems odd since I don’t mind riding next to someone. I think my brain hit the inside of my head to hard and I damaged the common sense part. (If I used the proper medical terms people would just say umm English please).
How have you been doing? What’s new?

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I was thinking, if I was in England they would dare me to drink this and not let me live it down. In theory if I plug my nose, I should be able to not smell or taste it. I think that’s wrong, I thinks it’s designed to prevent one from blowing fish food out their nose, as the gag reflex kicks into high gear. Any thoughts?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello,

I was thinking, if I was in England they would dare me to drink this and not let me live it down. In theory if I plug my nose, I should be able to not smell or taste it. I think that’s wrong, I thinks it’s designed to prevent one from blowing fish food out their nose, as the gag reflex kicks into high gear. Any thoughts?
Does not sound appetizing

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello,

Oh come on lol I had money on you doing this fun and interesting task. (If your wondering yes I did dump it out and threw the glass away lol, I can make more). But I can make a new one for ya.
I can’t. I’m allergic to fish (as a meal)

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t. I’m allergic to fish (as a meal)

hmmmm, how about some reef roids , just think it could be the next big thing to replace steroids for humans. :/
Your allergic to fish, just like shell fish or all fish? Do you only have a reaction if you ingest it or is it touch and smell as well?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
hmmmm, how about some reef roids , just think it could be the next big thing to replace steroids for humans. :/
Your allergic to fish, just like shell fish or all fish? Do you only have a reaction if you ingest it or is it touch and smell as well?
Ingestion only. Allergic to all seafood (iodine allergy) whereas throat swells up - can’t breathe

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ingestion only. Allergic to all seafood (iodine allergy) whereas throat swells up - can’t breathe
Hello,

Ouch that’s not good, I’m the same with nuts and peanut butter which is really really bad for me. I’m thinking since your such a good friend on here maybe you should umm not drink some frozen mysis and milk lol. When did you find out?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello,

Ouch that’s not good, I’m the same with nuts and peanut butter which is really really bad for me. I’m thinking since your such a good friend on here maybe you should umm not drink some frozen mysis and milk lol. When did you find out?
About 12 years ago and it runs in my family

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Hey it’s good to hear from you again. Things are kinda getting back but better than what they were. I’m walking normal, but the screws still hurt really bad, specially when it’s cold. I’m working on getting my tank back, which has proved to be harder than I thought.
I went back to England for about 6 Weeks and it was super nice, miss it again. I’m still doing my residency but had to start that year over so kinda of a bummer, but the bright side is, I still get to be in it. I work a slower section still, and I only do one shift in trauma.
I’m making it a goal to just drive again this summer. (I didn’t get in trouble or anything etc), but just is still terrifying. Which seems odd since I don’t mind riding next to someone. I think my brain hit the inside of my head to hard and I damaged the common sense part. (If I used the proper medical terms people would just say umm English please).
How have you been doing? What’s new?

That’s good you’re making progress... sucks about the lingering pain though.. i hope you continue to progress i can’t imagine going through that myself.

Meh same ole same ole... tanks looking good but unfortunately it’s going to be a while until the reef starts back up. Might be a good thing though... works been crazy so I’m not putting in enough time with the tank as it is. Hopefully by this fall I’ll be able to start corals.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s good you’re making progress... sucks about the lingering pain though.. i hope you continue to progress i can’t imagine going through that myself.

Meh same ole same ole... tanks looking good but unfortunately it’s going to be a while until the reef starts back up. Might be a good thing though... works been crazy so I’m not putting in enough time with the tank as it is. Hopefully by this fall I’ll be able to start corals.
Hello,

Yes I am in the same boat as you. I’m trying to get the tank back the way it was but sadly life took an about face. When my reef was gorgeous all I wanted to do was look at it. Now it’s kinda meh, but it was meh when I started so I’m thinking just need to do the same thing and it will get there:).
I have been trying to keep busy for reasons but sometimes I just over do it and crash pretty bad. So been working on not doing that :).

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I added a new nice elegance to the reef, and I’m going to try and add something new every two weeks or month. But here is a new pic of it:)

@Brew12 hey how have you been doing?, @Fin hey lol is your tank wet yet?

AB78CC7F-A5BA-404C-8381-AFD070A266F7.jpeg

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello,

I added a new nice elegance to the reef, and I’m going to try and add something new every two weeks or month. But here is a new pic of it:)

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello,

Try and place in lower part of tank. Mine went from baseball size to soccer size within a year.

600g progress d.jpg

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try and place in lower part of tank. Mine went from baseball size to soccer size within a year.

600g progress d.jpg
Hello;

Wow okay so on the sand bed then. It’s about 6 inches above the bed and tank is 34 tall. My lights definitely can hit the bottom. Do you feed it and what water parameters do they prefer in a mixed tank

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello;

Wow okay so on the sand bed then. It’s about 6 inches above the bed and tank is 34 tall. My lights definitely can hit the bottom. Do you feed it and what water parameters do they prefer in a mixed tank
I have mine on the sandbed but on a flat rock to slightly elevate it to reduce chance of sand getting on it.
I do not feed it as the fish get plenty of food in which some reaches it, but you can target feed it.
My tank is a mixed reef and I always recommend :

Temp 77-79
ph 8.1-8.3
salinity 1.025
nitrate < .4
phos < .04
Ammonia < .03
mG 1300
Alk 8-9
CA 440

In my mixed reef, , , , Due to both LPS and SPS releasing toxins, I run chemipure blue to reduce levels and keep nitrate/phos in check

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine on the sandbed but on a flat rock to slightly elevate it to reduce chance of sand getting on it.
I do not feed it as the fish get plenty of food in which some reaches it, but you can target feed it.
My tank is a mixed reef and I always recommend :

Temp 77-79
ph 8.1-8.3
salinity 1.025
nitrate < .4
phos < .04
Ammonia < .03
mG 1300
Alk 8-9
CA 440

In my mixed reef, , , , Due to both LPS and SPS releasing toxins, I run chemipure blue to reduce levels and keep nitrate/phos in check
Hello;

I may have to add a different rock down there then. My sand bed moves like crazy and no Idea why. Yes it’s flow but I can’t cut flow back, they are in wave mode anyway, returns are 40%, but high so it breaks the seal of the check valve fails. But I also need to add more sand as well. Heard that one just places it in a cup and slowly turns it up side down right above where they need it. Want to add 25 pounds of live sand again.
If I had known that moving my tank would just destroy it, I would have just paid the stupid hoa it’s cost me more to replace corals (or will), by the time I get the tank back. But adding more emeralds and snails etc. running 7 2100 wavemakers now plus the 3k gyro and the twin returns at 40%. Should be enough flow. I did put two of them in the back corners to get rid of dead spots. I always seem to have dead spots back there.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello;

I may have to add a different rock down there then. My sand bed moves like crazy and no Idea why. Yes it’s flow but I can’t cut flow back, they are in wave mode anyway, returns are 40%, but high so it breaks the seal of the check valve fails. But I also need to add more sand as well. Heard that one just places it in a cup and slowly turns it up side down right above where they need it. Want to add 25 pounds of live sand again.
If I had known that moving my tank would just destroy it, I would have just paid the stupid hoa it’s cost me more to replace corals (or will), by the time I get the tank back. But adding more emeralds and snails etc. running 7 2100 wavemakers now plus the 3k gyro and the twin returns at 40%. Should be enough flow. I did put two of them in the back corners to get rid of dead spots. I always seem to have dead spots back there.
HOA troubles again eh?

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HOA troubles again eh?
Hello,

Oh goodness no I avoided that like the black plague running after me. In fact I ran so fast my feet hurt because it was the one time I wore heels. (Actually I’ve never worn heels but heard it’s hard to run in them, I wouldn’t know I tried to walk once and fell on my face. I knew from those 20 seconds heals would never have a place in my closest.
No what I was saying is I should have just said oh well and paid the stupid fees. Moving the tank was just a disaster and it still hasn’t really tried to Come back. It’s been kinda frustrating but I was also really hurt for a long time and just couldn’t put the time into it. I’ve been doing some each day, and hoping the additional flow helps. It’s odd it’s not just sps or lps or softies it’s all of them. The tank started off pretty good after the move (some set backs), but when I was put in the hospital, the clown who took care of my tank left my lights on for 3 days straight until the lfs guy was able to take over. Which that alone wiped out 50% of my coral. My weird water spikes from alk to cal to nitrates has been very confusing. I will seriously check it daily now for alk and calcium, and it will be 8 and 440. The next day it will drop to 6 and 380 ish and I’ll dose it, and then it stays there for 2 weeks. But in that one time it drops corals crash. Fish are doing great so that’s a positive. Been adding more and more clean up crew. Starting to get aptasia back once again. My file fish literally wiped them out in a week, then ran out. Started eating frozen food and now won’t eat the bloody things. So I was gonna try and trap him and swap him for another one, but that’s proving harder than I want.
I sooo need to get the wires and power supplies organized. But it will be an all day job if not more and it’s dreadful. I’m thinking about doing it in sections, like lights then heaters, returns, then all 9 million wave makers, plus uv skimmer etc. I wish I could hire someone to kinda make a cabinet that would hold all of them and make it pretty. But I think I’m going to just start buying some coral each time and any where I can find a place where coal died then it’s getting replaced. Wouldn’t mind doing a coral package but mail delivery is so stupid right now.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello dear friends,

First Happy Easter, I would like all my friends
To join me in the back yard for a neat find. So instead of searching for Easter eggs, I want to get a 100 live bunnies and see how many we can find. :)

Oh and I have some new corals :):)

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 72 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 70 50.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back