Use of household ceramic tile

avatar71

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2014
Messages
40
Reaction score
22
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, as a homeowner, I’ve got pounds of leftover tile. Although some too big to use, some are perfect colony size for coral frag propagation. Some of the fancy tile might look pretty cool in the tank as well

is there any reason to believe that house grade or even commercial grade tile would be unsafe for the marine environment? Keep in mind that it’s all never-used tile that I would soak in RO.
Thanks team!
 
Glazes might contain heavy metals.
 
Mine like 1corner of the tank. Sometimes eggs at bottom and sometimes at top. They play in a torch close by and never go near the anemone. Clowns .....
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new