Used IM Nuvo 38: Leveling mat?

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm downsizing and found a nice used IM Nuvo 38 for sale with stock stand for $200. I am thinking of picking it up. I am wondering if I need to buy a new leveling mat for it or is I can use the old one?

Does this seem like a good deal to you? Any options for screen tops with the curved glass?

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The curved glass models where know for cracking that the curved corners. The reason why it was discontinued and the Nuvo 40 was brought out. I would definitely get a new mat as it will help it sit level again. Once compressed they don't work as well when reused.

OP
OP
ReeferReefer

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The curved glass models where know for cracking that the curved corners. The reason why it was discontinued and the Nuvo 40 was brought out. I would definitely get a new mat as it will help it sit level again. Once compressed they don't work as well when reused.
I'll keep an eye out for cracking. I'll get a new leveling mat for sure then.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it was a big thing when this tank was on the market. Seams where poping right and left. The curved glass design is weak so make sure the tank is real level after you fill it with water.

OP
OP
ReeferReefer

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it was a big thing when this tank was on the market. Seams where poping right and left. The curved glass design is weak so make sure the tank is real level after you fill it with water.
Thanks for the insight. I have the IM leveling mat on order. I got the tank from the original owner who ran the tank for 5 years with no problems. Hopefully it's one of the good ones. [emoji1696]

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to let you know the history of this tank.:) Hope it works great for you and you don't get a middle of the night crack like I have had before.:)

OP
OP
ReeferReefer

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to let you know the history of this tank.:) Hope it works great for you and you don't get a middle of the night crack like I have had before.:)
I appreciate it. You and me both [emoji120]

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back