Used Trident RO question

Staplesofficewar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Picked up a used trident and waiting for new reagents. I got to thinking, what could possibly be harmed if I put RO in small bottles so the pump has water to draw from and then setup the unit. This would allow me to test the pump, comms, etc while waiting for everything to arrive. Realize the tests would fail, but also RO should help clean out anything that might be in the lines.

thanks

NotoriousDMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Picked up a used trident and waiting for new reagents. I got to thinking, what could possibly be harmed if I put RO in small bottles so the pump has water to draw from and then setup the unit. This would allow me to test the pump, comms, etc while waiting for everything to arrive. Realize the tests would fail, but also RO should help clean out anything that might be in the lines.

thanks
FWIW, I don’t think it will work. I assume, without ever trying, that the tests will fail so badly that it will trip an error and not test again. Also, even if it works, it will set baseline results that will then trigger an error once you use “real” water and RAs. Regardless, IMHO, the only way to “clean” the Trident is to blast the lines using a syringe.

OP
OP
Staplesofficewar

Staplesofficewar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
thanks that does make sense. when it trips an error thats a soft error users correct or does Neptune need to get involved. I guess pulling all the lines apart and filling them with citric acid wouldn't be too bad. Being used, do you think its a safe to connect it but not allow it to test?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back