Usefulness of ProfiLux Touch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

How useful do you find theProfiLux Touch to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys normally use the controller for other than monitoring ph orp + temp and whatnot? I tried to really give myself examples but since my light is an Orphek v4, it’s not really a problem to control it, along with my mp40, and also my varios 6 has a controller. I need more examples

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys normally use the controller for other than monitoring ph orp + temp and whatnot? I tried to really give myself examples but since my light is an Orphek v4, it’s not really a problem to control it, along with my mp40, and also my varios 6 has a controller. I need more examples
I use my Apex to turn my skimmer, heaters, and return pumps off when doing maintenance. I use it to provide protection from a heater failing on. I use it to turn my fuge light on and off.
I will use my new controller to control my lights, MP40's, maybe my Gyre's, in addition to the stuff I currently use my Apex for.

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just placed my order for the ultimate set in black :), don’t have any idea what I’ll use it for or how to use it.. but intend to monitor my levels visibly along with being able to do things down the line, auto water changes and dosing.

cpllongjk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just placed my order for the ultimate set in black :), don’t have any idea what I’ll use it for or how to use it.. but intend to monitor my levels visibly along with being able to do things down the line, auto water changes and dosing.

Congrats! You will love it like most of us do!

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It allows me to monitor everything, I have water level monitors, leak detectors and flow meters as well as the main probes, I can check everything and adjust when I'm away with work.

porter_painter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh noooo you should have bought a white one!

I have a Touch, but with the new app I would have just bought a cheap tablet computer if I was in that position again now.

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have a Touch, but with the new app I would have just bought a cheap tablet computer if I was in that position again now.
Don’t make me start to rethink my purchase :(:(

cpllongjk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Don’t people say “Once you go black you never go back?” If that is true he shouldn’t worry.

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
White seemed to be too bright honestly... black atleast dimmed it down a little bit.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just joined the GHL club. Do I get a membership card? ;)

Profilux 4 Ultimate set in black and 2 Mitras LX7's will make a nice start to the new system I'm setting up.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is the new "Connect" app a replacement for myghl, or in addition to? Trying to figure out what direction ghl is going when it comes to remote monitoring and control of the controller. I have no experience with either, just trying to get an idea of what they are doing.

cpllongjk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is the new "Connect" app a replacement for myghl, or in addition to? Trying to figure out what direction ghl is going when it comes to remote monitoring and control of the controller. I have no experience with either, just trying to get an idea of what they are doing.

The connect app is in addition to MyGHL. Using the connect app away from home requires configuring your router for ddns and port forwarding. MyGHL is easier to use away from home for non-techsaavy users and is currently more secure.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Connect let’s you use a tablet or phone to program for Profilux or dosers. MyGHL is a browser based version that does the same thing and you can be anywhere is the world to do it. You still need the pc app GCC to do firmware upgrades.

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just joined the GHL club. Do I get a membership card? ;)

Profilux 4 Ultimate set in black and 2 Mitras LX7's will make a nice start to the new system I'm setting up.

Great to have you in our "club"! I will certainly give this membership card thing a thought ...

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 22.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back