Usefulness of ProfiLux Touch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

How useful do you find theProfiLux Touch to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Friday delivery , you might get lucky tooooo
I am! Just saw that mine has a tracking number too! Hasn't been picked up yet, but Friday delivery! :D

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brew12 if you can, peruse their YouTube videos to get a handle on the GHL language and way of doing things. That will make setup significantly smoother! I currently run a Doser 2.1 and 2 Mitras 7206s and coming from the simplistic Apex it can be a bit daunting. You won't regret it!

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am! Just saw that mine has a tracking number too! Hasn't been picked up yet, but Friday delivery! :D
Nice. You guys will love this company.
I've ordered 4 times through GHL adding on stuff, it's relatively fast, with great customer service.

I'll be having another couple more orders soon....getting $$, but worth it.

Thinking of swapping my lights out as well.

cpllongjk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brew12 if you can, peruse their YouTube videos to get a handle on the GHL language and way of doing things. That will make setup significantly smoother! I currently run a Doser 2.1 and 2 Mitras 7206s and coming from the simplistic Apex it can be a bit daunting. You won't regret it!

This is what I did when trying to figure things out. GHL has put together some great HOWTO: Videos. I came from APEX as well and it is still taking time to learn how to program via Profilux but so far so good.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I will keep this in mind.

I actually did industrial automation programming for around 6 years before I switched to high voltage power distribution/substations. I don't expect to have too much problem with it but if I do have a question its nice to know they have good references available.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm excited!

My GHL order came in yesterday. I can't wait to get this new system ready so I can shut down my old one. Since that is only 2 or 3 weeks away I'm not going to bother changing out my Apex. I'll go live on the Profilux for the first time when I start up the new tank.

Smcwhirt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I would have found this thread before I placed my order too! I am impatiently awaiting the delivery of my profilux 4 and doser 2.1 but I didn't get the display either. I'm just working on a new 120 build and this will be my first controller of any kind. Hopefully the learning curve isn't too painful.

EdsReefOdyssey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Connect let’s you use a tablet or phone to program for Profilux or dosers. MyGHL is a browser based version that does the same thing and you can be anywhere is the world to do it. You still need the pc app GCC to do firmware upgrades.
@reefwiser Can you use Wi-Fi to do firmware upgrades?

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you talking about Profilux 4 I don't think so. I would not feel safe doing firmware upgrades over wifi way to easy for it to go wrong. You can update the wifi module itself separate from the profilux now. You would have to ask someone with a model 4 :)

Anthony Mckay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
Just thought I'd add. My profilux touch arrived this morning. Only down side is they don't include an rj45 cable to connect to your profilux in the box so I'll have to go out get one before I can use it! !!!!
Thanks
Anthony

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
Just thought I'd add. My profilux touch arrived this morning. Only down side is they don't include an rj45 cable to connect to your profilux in the box so I'll have to go out get one before I can use it! !!!!
Thanks
Anthony
For reference; we do not ever include the PAB cables, as every use has a different requirement, and if we included a 1m, the person needing a 2m would feel it was wasteful.. :)

coweyes298

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For reference; we do not ever include the PAB cables, as every use has a different requirement, and if we included a 1m, the person needing a 2m would feel it was wasteful.. :)
Good thing is if you get the ultimate kit there is 2 PAB cable inside. one for touch one for power bar.

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good thing is if you get the ultimate kit there is 2 PAB cable inside. one for touch one for power bar.
I was going to comment but didn’t really know why I got two! This explains it!! The ultimate kit came pretty well hooked up

coweyes298

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to comment but didn’t really know why I got two! This explains it!! The ultimate kit came pretty well hooked up
I ordered extra 4 more pab cable and they all came in within the ultimate kit. I counted 6 pab cables and thought they sent me the wrong thing initially...

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My ultimate kit is still sitting unopened. :(

Hopefully that changes this weekend.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back