Usefulness of ProfiLux Touch

Discussion in 'GHL Advanced Technology' started by Brew12, Nov 22, 2017.

?
  1. Wouldn't run a GHL controller without it

35.0%
  2. I find it useful but still use my PC for most things

35.0%
  3. I have it and never/almost never use it

15.0%
  4. I don't have it and regret not getting it

15.0%
  1. Marco@GHLUSA

Marco@GHLUSA GHL Team R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor

ha, OK, so I should have been more specific, completely my fault.
    I was referring for accessories/individual purchases. For the kits, they come included. :)

2. d2mini

d2mini Moderator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

Back to the original question (I missed this thread until now), I think it varies on a case by case basis.
    I didn't have one for about a year. I was fine without it but now that I have it I really do find it useful.
    Here it is installed on my current tank. It's right around the corner from the tank, and across from our back door, where I let the dogs out every morning right after rolling out of bed.
    So I'm walking by it anyway, and can immediately see my Tank Temp, Tank Ph, Conductivity, Caclium Reactor Ph, and Return Pump Flow. All without bending down, opening up the stand doors, and waiting for the P4 to cycle through it's screens with 2 parameters per screen. Same with when I come home. I open the door, walk in and immediately can see if anything is out of whack.

I also use it a lot to turn on/off a socket (like the refugium light if I'm cleaning it out), or enter feed mode or a maintenance mode. Again, easier than using the P4 directly.

I don't attempt to do any kind of programming/change settings on there. Too slow/cumbersome compared to using GCC.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tristren and WWIII like this.
  3. Brew12

Brew12 Electrical Gru R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

Thanks, I'm confident I made the right decision in getting it. I just didn't want a repeat of the Apex display where it wasn't even useful for initiating a feed mode. Way too cumbersome. I loved many things about my Apex but I am looking forward to the switch.

Be102 and d2mini like this.
  4. Be102

Be102 Well-Known Member

I was going to ask you some questions! then remembered you weren't ready just yet! :/ Dont worry I'll still be waiting for you buddy ;)

Brew12 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted