Using Kessil AP700's

jeremy.gosnell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just replaced my Ecotech Radions with Kessil AP700's. I am pleased with the lights, as they create higher PAR at bluer tones than my Radions, however the control program is awful. I've only been able to control the lights by connecting my phone to the wireless network they create. While connected they seem to work fine, cycling through colors and outputs live. Once programmed they seem to work, though once a phone is disconnected from their network, they start into something else. The lights are supposed to kick off at 11 p.m. and not turn back on till 4 p.m. This morning at 8 a.m. they were running full blast. Anyone else had similar errors? Any fixes?

Xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Try recreating your program schedule in a different program box. I noticed when I created a program in certain boxes it wouldn't work properly. I chose the last box and copied it there and it worked fine. If that doesn't work call their customer service number and they should be able to help.

OP
OP
jeremy.gosnell

jeremy.gosnell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took your suggestion and it seems to be working. It seems like there is some kind of pre-programming in some of the boxes. I see a pre-programmed Lunar Cycle and Standard Program as well as acclimation. It seems like if you program the first few boxes, it defaults back to the Standard pre-programmed set-up.

Xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Glad it worked. For me the last box is the one that works.

How high are you planning on running your lights? Mine are at 45% and thinking of dropping them a bit.

OP
OP
jeremy.gosnell

jeremy.gosnell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been ramping mine from 25% on up to 100% for two hours, then back down to 25%, 10% then off. At full blast they pack a real punch. I put three over a 72" front to back, 48" left to right tank - and my PAR meter is reading 254 in the center, where there isn't a light directly overhead, and that's at the tank bottom. I have them suspended about 20" over the surface. The blue tones on Kessil's lights are hard to beat, as well as the shimmer. I have them blending from Deep Ocean Blue up to Sky Blue.

Mnk9569

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you start with I'm at 10% didn't want to use the acclimation mode seemed kinda fast but think I'm gonna bump it up to like 25% to start and go from there any tricks to getting the best growth color etc this is at 10% replaced de hqi 400w halides which if anyone needs let me know new bulbs 20k

IMG_5382.JPG

K100286

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 of these lights and have talked with Kessil' customer service several times. They are very helpful and will take all the time needed to fix any problem you may have. As to the question about the best color for growth, I asked this just recently and they told me the growth spectrum isn't effected by whatever color you choose. They did this so people wouldn't be worried that weren't getting enough growth if they liked more blue then white or any other combination. They said growth is only effected by INTENSITY.

Mnk9569

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah so far loving them I moved it up to start at about 25% max out at 43% and then start going down using the major optics love the shimmer I actually like kessil s shimmer more then my halides with 20k bulbs
IMG_5394.JPG
IMG_5396.JPG
IMG_5397.JPG
still acclimating so not as bright as it can go obvious when I was installing then I sat one on a oak barstool didn't realize the moonlight was on burned a nice size piece of the wood so plenty of power

K100286

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look luck. Nice looking aquarium. I would aim for 50 percent over 8 week period. Monitor corals for a few weeks and then go up or down slowly depending on corals react

Mnk9569

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I got 2 braces that have been difficult to avoid shadow in tank with these lights it's barely noticeable so I have not even adjusted position of them yet gonna give it a few days once I get the light settings down will move fixtures to see if I can loose the shadow

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back