Using Red Sea arms with AI Hydra 32 lights

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bent17
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bent17

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 19, 2022
Messages
544
Reaction score
85
Location
Space
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be switching from Red Sea 160S to AI Hydra32. I just found out that you can use the Redsea arms with the Hydra? Is this true? will they do the trick or is it better to have the AI mounts instead? If anyone had experience in this please let me know!
 
Yes the arms work fine. My reefer 350 came with AI Hydra 26HDs and I swapped at one point to Reefled 90s pretty easily. There is a difference in recommended mounting height between the two lights though. I bought new bottom arms from Red Sea for $10 each.

I prefer the Red Sea arms because they swivel up for maintenance.
 
Thanks this could save me almost $300 on mountings! So might need to drop them a bit lower so?

Also how did you find the AI to Redsea?
 
I liked the Red Sea lights better than the Hydras

but I’ve since switched to Radions.
 
Really?? How come?
 
Has anyone here used the Red Sea arms with Hydra?
 
Do you recommend that I keep the redsea arms or since everything is new I bite the bullet and get new arms also
 
So I got the AI 32 hydra and big difference. What I noticed however are more shades.. same views?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new