Using Reef Octopus VarioS-8 with Profilux 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I want to connect my return pump to my Profilux 4 and am going through this thread: Howto: 0-10v Control Return Pump. I have some questions, though.
  • This link is no longer available: GHL LBF-AP module and it says I need it to connect my pump. Can anyone out there point me in the right direction for what I need in order to control my return pump?
  • Can anyone out there show me how they've set-up their return pumps with their Profilux and how they use it? Real world use cases would be of great help.
Thanks in advance for your help and for your patience with me as I try to navigate the GHL ecosystem over the next couple of months. :)

@Vinny@GHLUSA

#profilux4 #ghl #ghlusers #ghl_aquariumproducts

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That part was replaced with:

I currently have my Red Dragon (Royal Exclusive) set you on the 1-10 volt.

I placed the pump in a stream group. I then assigned it to constant flow and adjusted the percentage of power to be the flow I want. I did tie the stream group to a maintainece mode so when triggered turns off the pump.

I could also tie it to feed modes but did Not.

OP
OP
esther

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That part was replaced with:

I currently have my Red Dragon (Royal Exclusive) set you on the 1-10 volt.

I placed the pump in a stream group. I then assigned it to constant flow and adjusted the percentage of power to be the flow I want. I did tie the stream group to a maintainece mode so when triggered turns off the pump.

I could also tie it to feed modes but did Not.

Thanks! This may be a stupid question, but how do I connect the pump to that box? Is there a special cable that I'll need? Or does the breakout box come with the right one?

OP
OP
esther

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem glad to help :)

You would need to buy this cable cut off the controller side end and then connect it into the breakout box.

https://fragtasticreef.com/y-module...MImtqat4vC5wIVysDACh1q7AKTEAQYAiABEgJ6iPD_BwE

Thanks! So, this is how I'm envisioning it:
  1. Connect pump to breakout box with Y module cable. I'm going to install the breakout box into the dry side (left) in our stand.
  2. Then I'm going to connect the breakout box to the Profilux with the RJ12 cable, right?
Our Profilux will be in the cabinet to the left of our tank (see photo). Which means I'm going to need an RJ12 cable that's longer, right? Does GHL sell this? Am I looking at this correctly?

IMG_0649.jpg

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! So, this is how I'm envisioning it:
  1. Connect pump to breakout box with Y module cable. I'm going to install the breakout box into the dry side (left) in our stand.
  2. Then I'm going to connect the breakout box to the Profilux with the RJ12 cable, right?
Our Profilux will be in the cabinet to the left of our tank (see photo). Which means I'm going to need an RJ12 cable that's longer, right? Does GHL sell this? Am I looking at this correctly?

IMG_0649.jpg
Looks like it’s going to be an awesome system.

OP
OP
esther

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it’s going to be an awesome system.

Thanks! Did my last post make sense? Can you help answer any of those questions? It's a little overwhelming currently, but I know we'll get the hang of the GHL stuff.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you have in-mind will work just fine. The cable that comes with the breakout box will connect to the Yellow port on the ProfiLux.

If you need to extend the reach, you can do so with the VSL-cable accessory.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.0%
Back