Using vibrant

Rjondo13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking about dosing my 125gallon tank with vibrant but it is new to me.
i have been spot dosing hair algae with peroxide and it seems to be working for me. I was thinking about vibrant to clean that issue up and also clean my rock up a little. When dosing with vibrant do you turn off any and all pumps?

AKReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you need to, but I do turn my skimmer off for 15 mins. Not sure if that does anything. One note of caution, if you're running a refugium. Make sure you remove any chaeto if you have any. It will kill macro algae along with hair algae.

OP
OP
R

Rjondo13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you need to, but I do turn my skimmer off for 15 mins. Not sure if that does anything. One note of caution, if you're running a refugium. Make sure you remove any chaeto if you have any. It will kill macro algae along with hair algae.
Awesome thank you.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking about dosing my 125gallon tank with vibrant but it is new to me.
i have been spot dosing hair algae with peroxide and it seems to be working for me. I was thinking about vibrant to clean that issue up and also clean my rock up a little. When dosing with vibrant do you turn off any and all pumps?
I’ve dosed vibrant for a long time and don’t turn anything off. I can see the benefits of it and my skimmer doesn’t do anything out of the normal.

airmotive

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to admit, I’m a fan of vibrant. Wiped out all traces of bubble algae and a huge infestation of bryopsis...never to return.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have pure luck with vibrant and dose at 80% of recommended in addition to lowering white light intensity

Jeto2004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second the removing any kind of macro algae from your fuge or reactor.
Also it is not a miracle bullet, you will need patients to see long term effects. Don't overdose, still do manual removal of algae and within 6-8 weeks you will see results. And maybe not all algae are similar sensitive to Vibrant.

I couldn't grow any cheato in my fuge for another 2 month after I stopped dosing. Well I tried once after 3 weeks and than again after 2 month.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did it go for you @Rjondo13 ? I just started last week dosed 8mL to my 75. It's like magic in a bottle with the amount of hair algae that started to turn white tips already.

Is it best to stay with the weekly dosing or can this be hooked up to a daily doser to hit the tank a little less hard spread out over the week?

airmotive

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did it go for you @Rjondo13 ? I just started last week dosed 8mL to my 75. It's like magic in a bottle with the amount of hair algae that started to turn white tips already.

Is it best to stay with the weekly dosing or can this be hooked up to a daily doser to hit the tank a little less hard spread out over the week?
I know the bottle lists directions for maintenance, but if you’re just trying to wipe out a specific algae, stick to manual dosing. I went after briopsys and a month later I no longer had a need for Vibrant.

That said, I’m “mid-uglies” with my new IM-150 system and I’ve just started adding Vibrant yesterday in order to minimize “disgruntled spouse syndrome”. 24 hours later I’d say there’s a 30% decrease in the brown mung on the sand bed.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back